Luna Baglioni Hotel Venice

Hotels.com Venere.com Jetsetter.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Emmjai's Profile Photo

your own little palace

...or at least that was what it felt like for us, with a marble bathroom, several times larger than the one we had at home, an enorumous bed, and a window overlooking our own canal.

The decor of the breakfast room was fascinating too

More about Luna Baglioni Hotel Venice

Luna Baglioni simply the best

I just spent 3 wonderful nights at the Luna Baglioni. I stayed in a deluxe double room which was huge. We had no view and i asked about a room with one.. They were very helpful in showing me another room in the same class but warned me despite the nice canal view it was smaller. After looking at it we decided a large room outweighed the view and the canals tend to be noisy anyway! The Baglioni has the best location in Venice if you care to be near the square and shopping. However you will walk your feet off in Venice no matter where you stay. Breakfast was included and we had roomservice which was always very prompt and hot. I cannot say enough about the concierge staff at this hotel. Umberto and the others went out of their way to take care of our needs and make any reservations for dinner. Their restaurant recs. were always good. I was personally turned down at a very top restaurant saying they were booked but one call from Umberto and voila, we were in! Yes , Venice is crowded, touristy in places, and very expensive! Accept this before you go , get in the right frame of mind and enjoy one of the great cities of the world(get far away from the square)Much easier to do if you stay at the Baglioni!!!

Was one of the best

by TripAdvisor Member operaone

My mother and I have visited Venice every summer for a 'ladies week' since 1985. We cannot get enough of the culture not to mention the shops!
We have stayed in several different hotels but for the last four years have favoured the Luna Baglioni - for one thing it's a few paces from St Marks Square which is beautiful and feels safe at night for two ladies travelling without their menfolk.

After our first visit, we came home raving about how beautiful this hotel was, with the most amazing breakfast room full of frescoes. Truly unique. The bedroom was very comfortable and all the decor elsewhere seemed fresh. The restaurant served good food (although fairly limited menu choice) in elegant surroundings.

Four years on, the hotel remains a favourite with us because of its central location, however, the decor is now more shabby than chic in the bedrooms particularly. Service is more laid back and the staff have a 'cool' approach to their clients in some areas. e.g one can sit in the bar area in the afternoon for some considerable time before being served (if at all); also you may find your room is still unmade at 2pm in the afternoon - not the service you might expect from a 5 star hotel.

We did find that the management responded well to complaints - however, it would be nice if they anticipated their clients' needs instead of reacting after the event.

All that said, it is still a good hotel, compared with others in Venice and we shall return.

Wonderful and worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member dsanmarco

Our stay at the "Luna" was one we will never forget. First of all, the location is amazing. It is just a few steps away from San Marco Square, a vaporetto stop, and Harry's Bar. Upon arriving at the hotel, there was a slight problem upon check-in (my error) however, the hotel manager quickly resolved the problem to my satisfaction. Every employee in this hotel was wonderful. I have never seen service this good.

Breakfast is served in the most beautiful frescoed ballroom. This was, by far, the best breakfast we had in Italy. It was full of fresh juices, breads, cheeses, eggs, meats and a "bio" section as well (that seemed to be the European answer to our "light") The staff in the breakfast room were attentive and cheerful each morning.

The concierge were wonderful as well. Our meal was truly memorable. We will never forget our stay at the Luna and we will definitely be staying there the next time we return to Venice. How many other hotels are 4 doors down from our favorite bar in the world, Harry's.

Overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member jlejsek

Recently stayed here on our recent vacation to Venice. I thought the location was great- just a stone's throw from St. Marks Square and the vaporetto stop. I thought the staff was very stuffy particularly the reservation manager. Did not go out of way to do anything-arrogant demeanor. I did think the ballroom where breakfast was served was lovely- beautiful frescoed walls and gorgeous chandeliers but the breakfast was uninspired- cut up apples for fruit, odd tasting eggs that were undercooked and bacon that was raw.I think if you are visiting Venice stay somewhere that is a better value. This place is not worth the money. Besides you are hardly in your room anyway with so much to see.

Total indulgence

A beautiful hotel with fantastic service. The decor is truly venetian but not over the top like some of the other local hotels. The only thing that I would criticise is the breakfast which was overpriced and limited. Go out for breakfast in the square!

Very enjoyable stay

Our family (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed for 3 nights during early November. The staff were very nice, especially the concierges. We found the hotel to be very nice. The location is wonderful. The rooms were nice, though a bit small. Breakfast was wonderful, as well. It was quite expensive, but all of Venice is. I would definitely recommend staying here.

One of the nicest events we attended was a Vivaldi Four Seasons concert at a nearby church. It was amazing. The concierge arranged tickets. I would definitely recommend it.

my dreams came true!

I am just back from wonderful Italy, I got married in Venice and spent 2 days after the wedding at the Luna.
I wish to recommend this hotel as I have experienced the very best level of service.
Hotel staff knew we were just married and gave us the most wonderful unexpected attentions included a special honeymooners welcome in room.
Every single aspect of our stay will certainly remain in our memory for life.
Thank you Luna! We hope to be back soon.
Rita and Jeff

Wonderful hotel but ...

by TripAdvisor Member mariasilvestre

My husband and I stay there for 3 nights in October 2003.
It's a very high class 5 * Hotel very close to St. Marks Sq. It's quite expensive but in Venice you know that a 5 * Hotel is not a bargain. We had a very good room overlooking a canal,with luxury decoration, beautiful bath room with black marble, bottle of champagne in the room etc. I booked it by phone with a very nice lady. The front desk personnel wasn't very friendly. Just professional, which is the least, one can expect in an Hotel like that.
When I recall I really think that I didn't see many smiles from the most part of the staff. So, though it was a very good Hotel I probably wouldn't stay there again.
Besides this we adored Venice (it was my first time but the third for my husband), romantic St. Marks Sq. where on the 11th October (his birthday) we danced with the music of Florian cafe... after a dinner at beautiful Hotel Cipriani!
It's true what everybody says about Murano: we bought a set of wine and water glasses incredibly expensive, that probably we wouldn't buy in normal situation.

The Best of the Best!!!

by TripAdvisor Member breakers

We stayed at the Baglioni with our five year old daughter and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel looks incredible, very elegantly decorated. There are no details spared. Our daughter cryed when she had to leave she said, "I want to live at the Baglioni". The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in my 16 years traveling to Europe, try the blood orangejuice. The selection was incredible and they made my daughter chocolate crepes and the most wonderful hot chocolate everyday. We travel to Europe 2 to 3 times a year and I was very nervous about where to stay in Venice, because the last experience wasn't so great. I have never written a review for a hotel except a bad one (Noga Hilton, Cannes France terrible place). This hotel was perfectly located just steps from the square. We found the food to be lacking in Venice so we ate at the hotel restaurant everyday and it was first rate. Our dinners were gourmet and suprisingly less exspensive then hitting the local tourist traps. The people at the front desk were very kind and helpful. Our room was beautiful with alot of space, especially for Venice. The bathroom was just beautiful. I can't say enough about this hotel. In fact we're off to Italy again and just booked at the Baglioni Bernini Palace in Florence will come back soon with I'm sure another glowing review!!!!

Safe travels,

Claire

Luna Baglioni Hotel

by StorminNorman

Does anyone know anything about the Luna Baglioni Hotel in Venice? We have made reservatins in September and wonder if it is worth the money. If not, do you have any suggestions for a hotel that would be comparable and less expensive? Thanks.

RE: Luna Baglioni Hotel

by Billy16

Wow! I've only walked past it and it is certainly way out of my league.
If you can afford it, go for it.
Look at the easy to use website www.venere.com for details, photos and prices of the Luna Baglioni and alternatives.

Regards,