Lux Hotel Venice

Booking.com Orbitz.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 22% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Venice Hotel

I booked rooms on venere.com for the Hotel Lux. When I saw the charge on my credit card I cancelled the rooms. It was within 2 days of the booking. The Hotel Lux will not take it off my credit card. The rooms were for September and I booked and cancelled in late July. Sleazy policy.

Unique Quality: None

• fotodanny's Profile Photo

Good Hotel Price/Quality

Fantastic service and very friendly. If disabeled be carefull. The "first floor" is on the second floor.Because on the first floor is the reception and breakfastroom.

Unique Quality: very close to San Marcs Place

++++ personel VERY friendly especialy Alicia

Directions: abouth 50 meters from Piaza San Marco, behind Hotel Danielli.

• Beware this hotel's sleazy practices

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel in early March for a trip to Venice in late May, 2006. I used an internet booking agent which stated the following terms: no charges on the credit card until the scheduled date of arrival, and no cancellation penalties if cancelled at least 3 days before the scheduled arrival.
    For a variety of reasons (including the review on this site) my group decided to go to a different hotel. I cancelled my reservations at Hotel Lux 6 days after my initial reservation, and still more than 2 months before my trip. I got the shock of my life to see that the Hotel Lux had charged my credit card $320.00!! I am now forced to dispute the charges with my credit card company. All in all, a very sleazy operation.

• An unpleasant stay

We went up a steep flight of stairs to the registration desk - a small cramped area which beautiful woodwork. Although we had made reservations 6 months in advance, we were led back down the stairs to a different enterance around the corner. Walking into the new area, the staircase smelled STRONGLY of disinfectant, amonia, and mildew. When we reached our room at the top of 4 flights of stairs (no elevator), we found it to be pitiful and very worn down. We had to spend the night there because there were no other rooms available. The next day, we were moved to a new room back in the main hotel. The room was quite beautiful, the halls did not stink, but it was still up 3 flights of stairs with no elevator. Unfortunately, our new beds came with bedbugs. The one thing I can applaud the Lux on was their coffee. It was excellent.

Unique Quality: Great coffee. Nice room if you are in the main hotel.

Directions: 3 minute walk to St Mark's square

More about Lux Hotel Venice

We go by Virgin Atlantic to...

by joycee

We go by Virgin Atlantic to Manchester from Orlando Florida, pick up a small hire car which I get on line before we go, travel to your favourite places, we went to Ireland via Wales stayed B/B on the way and went on the ferry from Holyhead to Dunlaire and went all the way aruond Ireland.Euro-star from London to Paris and to the Lux Hotel, very cheap and excellent food. Anything else you want to know email me, Bseabee@aol.com, have a lovely day, in fact have a lovely life.
Car in the countryside and bus in the cities in UK.Very cheap and the buses run very often and coach trips if you want to see the country-side and meet nice people.

Comments