Venice Hotels

Our Members Say

• painterdave profile photo painterdave
  • Reviews: 665

Vecia Brenta Hotel & Ristorante: Outside of Mestre/Venezia

People sometimes ask about hotels near Venezia, and last night while dining in the ristorante called Vecia Brenta we learned it is also a hotel. Doing some research the rooms are listed at 75 Euros a night, and there is a bus stop located directly across the street.
This might make it a possibility for someone seeking a bit cheaper stay in Venezia.
The hotel is located on the Brenta Canal which stretches from Padova to Venice. During the summer there are boats that offer tourists a tour of the big villas located along the canal.
I cannot give any more information about the hotel except to tell you that the owner seems very friendly and the people coming down to eat dinner seemed very happy with things.
Check it out. Rated by many websites.

Small and family run
Bus Stop
Along Canal
Quiet and Safe Area
Owner speak some English
Clean Restaurant Setting
Less expensive than average prices per person for Venezia

• Related to: Road Trip, Women's Travel, Motorcycle
  • Written October 8, 2012
Tip Photo

shot of bar area under restaurant

• SELVA73 profile photo SELVA73
  • Reviews: 26

BELLA VENEZIA: GREAT PLACE TO STAY

Great hotel and nice service. Breakfast was huge and good. But the only "but" I can tell is about the heating. It was december and we need some heating at the room but you must ask for the reception desk anytime you wanted to put the heating on and off. A little bit boring and uncomfortable.

Very near to the center, and Piazza St. Marco

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 9, 2012

• Jadefrau profile photo Jadefrau
  • Reviews: 2

La camera bianca a Venezia: Nice bed & breakfast in the heart of Venice

After staying in several hotels during my first visits I found this private accomodation 5 minutes from Rialto Bridge and 10 minutes from San Marco.

Beeing used to the very small rooms of venecian hotels I was surprised of the relatively spacious room and the quality of the bed. The room has it's own big bathroom with a bathtub and a french bidet. It is seperated from the rest of the apartement by a door and has a big wardrobe.
If you like you can have breakfast for an additional 5 euros.

Directions from the airport:
Take bus number 5 of the company ACTV or the blue bus of ATVO to Piazzale Rome and from there the waterbus to Rialto. The other possibility is to take the waterbus to San Marco and leave at the stop Ospidale.

Arriving by train:
Take the waterbus to Rialto Bridge

Give the landlady a call and she will pick you up at the stop of the waterbus.

It's directly in the heart of Venice from where you can reach all sites within walking distance.

The lady who rents the room is very friendly. She speaks Italian, English and German fluently.

She can arrange guided tours or a trip with the gondola or excursions in the lagoon with a private boat.

It's a nonsmoker residence and it's not possible to bring pets.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Women's Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written November 20, 2011

La camera bianca

• florry profile photo florry
  • Reviews: 146

Hotel Centauro: Lovely Hotel in Venice

This Hotel is a bout 5 minutes from Rioalto at Campo Manin. I had no problem finding it in a small sidestreet. The staff in the Hotel are very friendly and helpfull.My single room with bath was small but i was only sleeping there anyways. Breakfast was very nice with a lovely view on to a canal.I would go there again!

I say the best about this hotel is the loaction, you not far from everything.

• Related to: Photography, Museum Visits, Singles
  • Written October 26, 2011

Single room

• juanlekube profile photo juanlekube
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Caneva, Venice: A place to avoid!

The owner, Massimo, is a sneaky and rude person. We didn't feel comfortable at all. They also put a hold on our credit card for a month. Place is well located but they only care for the money not the clients.

• Written September 22, 2011

• lee.evelyn profile photo lee.evelyn
  • Reviews: 39
Casa Cardinal Piazza: Convent accommodation in Cannareggio

In 2010 I had look at the convent below, which offered accommodation for Euro 50.00 single and Euro 80.00 for a double. The rooms are clean but spartan, and the place locks the doors at 23.00 hours, which means you have to be back by 11pm or you won't get in.
Check In is from 11 am and Check out is requested at 9am on the day of departure.
Breakfast is extra and the cost is Euro 5.00

There is no TV or air conditioning in the rooms, some rooms have a private bathroom.

The location is very good, arrival from Airport Marco polo with Alilaguna direct to Madonna Del Orto or from the Train station on foot in 10 minutes.
Although the nun who showed me around the place was very welcoming and friendly I decided not to stay there. For the same price I found a room to rent with shared kitchen and bath.

Casa Cardinal Piazza
Fondamenta Contarini
Cannareggio 3539/2
Tel. +39 (0) 41 721 388
Fax +39 (0) 41 720 233

The Casa Cardinal Piazza occupies two famous palazzi of ancient Venetian nobility Contarini and Minelli. It is situated in
Cannareggio, a quiet district of Venice,off the beaten tourist track, yet still in the historical centre.

There some nice bars and restaurants in the vicinity frequented by locals: for example Paradiso Perduto and Al quattro Ladroni

• Related to: Budget Travel, Religious Travel
  • Written August 13, 2011

Casa Cardinal Piazza

• lee.evelyn profile photo lee.evelyn
  • Reviews: 39

Hotel Boccassini: One Star Hotel in Cannaraggio

I stayed at the Hotel Boccassini in Cannareggio in May 2011 and paid Euro 50.00 for a small single room, hotel has one star, the room was small, clean and had a washbasin - the shared shower was one door down the corridor. Double rooms are from euro 80.00 up. depending on the season. I did not try breakfast.

Nice little garden with a friendly cat. Great location, within 15 minute walking distance to Piazza San Marco and 10 minutes to the Rialto Bridge. There is a variety of Restaurants in the vicinity. Friendly receptionists who are also multi lingual.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Museum Visits, Budget Travel
  • Written August 7, 2011

• Nic2004 profile photo Nic2004
  • Reviews: 22

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Foresteria Redentore Nuovomondo: Budget accommodation in Venice (Giudecca)

I stayed in this foresteria for 2 weeks during a language course in Venice. It is situated at la Giudecca, near the vaporetto stop Redentore and is a part of the monastery behind Redentore church. The equipment of the rooms (I had a single one) is rather basic: bed, bedside table, wardrobe, desk, fridge, mosquito net at the window (mine had big holes, though) and private bathroom (shower and WC). No phone and TV in the room. Linen and towels were changed about twice a week during my stay. Very nice view to the monks' garden.
There is a common kitchen, a big common room with TV, a vending machine (drinks and snacks) a washing machine (about 1 €) and Wi-Fi available. You are not allowed to enter the nice garden which can be seen from the rooms. However, there is a separate garden overlooking the back of the lagoon accessible for the guests.
There is no curfew: you get keys and can come and go whenever you want.
The reception is not open all the time, however, so you should inform them before arriving! Even though, we had to wait a little bit in front of the gate before somebody opened. During my stay, I could not find out their actual opening times...

Certainly a good price for Venice in my opinion (about 40 € single, 60 € double), nice and quiet area (not that touristy, rather neighbourhoodish), great view to Redentore church (backside) and to the lagoon (from the garden)

• Related to: Budget Travel, Singles, Study Abroad
  • Written August 2, 2011
Tip Photo

rooms are in the building at the left side

• Flying.Scotsman profile photo Flying.Scotsman
  • Reviews: 257

Hotel Mary (Minotel): Alternative to overpriced hotels

We stayed at the Mary Hotel (Minotel) in Campo Alto on the mainland. It is only 15 minutes by bus from Piazzale Roma and is in a quiet suburban village roughly half way between the airport and Venice. There are other hotels in the area and it is more pleasant than the Mestre. The main advantage is that you get a 3 star hotel for less than a one star in Venice. Atmosphere is not as good but it makes sense if you are on a budget. Campo Alto has local shops, cafes and restaurants.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 19, 2011

Our room at the Mary

• luca68 profile photo luca68
  • Reviews: 15

Cà Jolanda Apartment

This apartment is in the Lido, only a short boat ride away from St. Mark's Square. With shores stretching 12km, it has one of the world's most attractive and exclusive beaches. At the furthest ends of Lido, facing the sea, there is a fully-functioning private airport, the Nicelli Airport, and the Golf Club Lido with 18 holes. You can take the Vaporetto from the airport to the Lido (30 minutes) and stay in an Hotel or apartment for a good price.

Transportation wasn't too bad. There seemed to be frequent taxis and waterbuses at the stop ... and we even managed to get back from Venice proper okay after a late night out.

Very affordable for the price and accommodations and a real nice apartment. It could do with a little bit better Coffee Maker but it suffices. The furniture is nice and the beds are comfortable.

Don't miss Trattoria Favorita if you are spending any time on Lido. Outside patio and garden area. Excellent food, service and ambiance.

• Written May 18, 2011
Tip Photo

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1692

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Albatros Hotel: Ideal for only a couple of days!

We spent 2 nights at Albatros. It is supposed to be a 4* hotel but it should have been a 3* actually.
We were with a group of 50 people and we came here because it was booked through a travel agency.

Very basic and the reception staff not very helpful. I noticed that some of us got a suite while others not. It was a standard room they said. Ours was really big , comfortable and clean.
It is not very long away from Venice but with the daily traffic it took us more than half an hour to get to Venice. The coach moved rather slowly.
Continental breakfast and dinner very poor. You have to pay for internet access here which is something that I always demand in the hotels I book for myself if I travel alone.

I don’t think I would pick this hotel again when back to Venice!

• Written March 8, 2011

Our room at Albatros

• reayjones.jc profile photo reayjones.jc
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Belle Epoque Hotel: One of the worst hotels in Venice

We have just had one of our worst hotel experiences at the Belle Epoque Hotel in Venice. This 3 star hotel certainly doesn't deliver 3 star service. The rooms were cold. The water tepid so a hot shower was out of the question. The service at reception was rude and surly. We complained about the temperature in the rooms and also the temperature of the water - nothing was done. We asked to see the manager - he refused to see us. We wanted to leave the hotel a day early giving them 3 days notice. They told us we'd be charged the full amount. The security was dreadful - almost every time we returned to the hotel there was no one on reception so we had to go behind the desk and get our own keys. The hotel was expensive even by Venice standards and absolutely not worth the money.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: School Holidays, Family Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written November 1, 2010

• suvanki profile photo suvanki
  • Reviews: 2399

Sweet Dreams Hostel: Cheap safe accommodation near Rialto Markets

I booked this through Hostelbookers It was a last minute trip-as Ryanair were offering 50% off their flights, so I flew East Midlands to Treviso, for £38 return, then booked this hostel.....Due to its price and location.
This would be the first time that I'd stayed in a dorm room in Venice. I had spotted cheaper, but this sounded a bit nicer than some of the cheaper places. It didn't have a curfew either.

I arrived here around 20.30 hours, so it was dark, but I followed the directions, which were straight forward, and I found the hostel straight away.

I rang the bell, and the door opened- into a typical Venetian covered 'passage' and courtyard, with stone steps at the side.

There were quite a lot of steps-54!!! Luckily, I just had a small case. I was met by the friendly owner, who spoke very good English. I paid in cash for my room 136 Euros for 4 nights, which included breakfast, and was handed my set of keys, which included one for my locker. The locker room was separate from the dorm, which was good for those leaving early, as they could pack etc without disturbing others. (Perhaps the 2 who left on my 2nd day, could have thought of this instead of performing their early morning ritual of wheeling their cases into the dorm, zipping/unzipping etc)

Room 7 was a 5/6 bedded female dorm, with single beds (not bunks), bedside tables, settees etc. Duvet and sheets provided. The pillow was very soft- I had to ask for a spare (which was provided) A Murano glass chandelier lit the room.
Charmingly, this room was overlooking a canal-where I enjoyed watching the daily goings on, as boats were loaded with produce from the nearby Rialto Market. Not so charming, were the numerous mosquito bites that I went home with!!! As I usually visit Venice at Christmas, there isn't a problem with these biters, and in my rush to pack, hadn't even thought about mossie repellant. The windows were kept shut at night, but as I was nearest the window, I think they feasted on me, as my roomies only had one or two bites.

The bathroom was a bit 'quirky' A shower cubicle, with various spouts and shower heads- no where to put your clothes inside, so either had to undress outside - in view of everyone passing through, or cloth off in the shower cubicle, and fling your clothes over the cubicle.
Wash basins, separate WC with bidet, and Mens shower room, which was more private than the female one.

A ' Help yourself ' bag was hung behind the door, with 'donated' toiletries etc.

Breakfast served from 07.30 - 09.30
Cereals, toast, Nutella, jams etc, and fried eggs cooked by the staff. Juice, tea and coffee.

There is a fridge/freezer for residents. I purchased some yogurts, cheese and cold meats from a supermarket, plus fruit from Rialto Market to supplement my breakfast.

Free internet use - though the one net book was quite temperamental!

Snooker/pool table in the lounge.

No Smoking, though allowed outside on the staircase

The owners were very friendly and helpful, even offering us a glass of wine one evening.

Guide books etc available.

Open all year round.
Cash only, no credit cards.
Ealiest Check in 09.00
Latest Check in 22.00 (unless arranged in advance)

I'd certainly consider staying here again (Remembering to pack my mossie repellent!)

This is part of an old palace (600 years old!) originally owned by the Sansoni family. A plaque in the campiella commemorates this.

Friendly, helpful staff.

Excellent location- 3 minutes walk from Rialto Markets/Vaporetto. Handy for sights etc, but on a quiet Square

Good bars and places to eat nearby-especially Jazz 900 opposite the hostel.

Scenic canal and bridges a few steps away.

A chance to stay in a 600 year old Venetian Palace!

• Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written September 30, 2010

Room 7, Sweet Dreams-Female Dorm

• Jawnuta profile photo Jawnuta
  • Reviews: 450

CANNAREGIO APARTMENT: cosy canal side fully equipped apartment in Venice

We found this gem on the internet after an extensive research.
The apartment is located in Cannaregio part of Venice away from the tourists on quiet canal.
There is small supermarket, bakery, wine store and coffee shop just around the corner. You can also walk 5 min to large supermarket and about 15 min to Pesceria market.
We (4 adults) were staying here for 3 nights in July'10.
We had plenty of space and privacy.

We really liked this apartment and if we ever go to Venice again we will make sure to stay at the same place.

Julie, the owner was very nice, prepared for her guests a book with important information about Venice. She also left us some milk and sweets. She encouraged us to contact her if we were missing anything, but we were so busy running around that we didn't wanted to bother her about any minor thinks like lack of dishwasher detergent, we just got our own.

We really liked the price as we paid 120 Euro for a night (4 adults).

P.S.
There was also and iron, ironing board and rack to dry your clothes.

Bedroom had large bed, night tables, huge closet (with extra blankets, pillows, bed linen, towels and plenty of space to hung your clothes), dresser with large drawers, two windows.
Bathroom was quite large and it contained of small shower (my 6' tall american husband had problem with soaping himself and I had to open the shower door to shave my legs as the shower is really narrow inside), toilet, bidet, sink, laundry machine (which we used, but had to get our own detergent), towel warming rack and plenty of little hooks to hung your towels and clothes.
Living room/kitchen/dining room area with large sleeping sofa (good for 2 adults), small extra foldable bed, AC, living room furniture, umbrellas, dining table with 4 chairs, large refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, tea pot, stove oven, plenty of cooking equipment (pots, pans, etc), plenty of serving plates, silverware, glasses, etc.
We had problem operating the dishwasher (as I always use heavy duty wash on mine) but it worked fine on green energy saving setting. Bring few bricks of your dishwasher detergent, as there was none in the apartment. There was enough salt in the kitchen to last 10 years :-) we also found some oil, garlic, pasta etc. after previous tourists, and left some stuff behind as well.
To be picky...I was missing sharp knife to chop my parsley, and the cutting board was really worn out but I managed :-) If I went there again I would bring small sharp knife just to speed up my cooking.
Street and canal were quiet during the day and at night, but early morning seagulls were giving quite loud concerto :-)
AC was only in living room/kitchen/dining room area and not in the bedroom. When we opened the window in the bedroom, mosquitos didn't let us sleep. We could turn the AC in the living room, close the windows, and keep the door between rooms open but then we would not have privacy and my sister in the living room didn't like to have AC :-( Apartment however was not very hot due to its architecture and being on the ground floor.

• Written September 5, 2010
Tip Photo

our apartment in Venice (CANNAREGIO)

• JohanIsWeg profile photo JohanIsWeg
  • Reviews: 211

La Palazzina Veneziana: Affordable Venetian Opulence

Not the easiest place to find on the Internet, La Palazzina Veneziana is one of those little secrets travellers like to keep to themselves. Overlooking Il Ponte delle Guglie in Cannaregio, La Palazzina Veneziana offers select guests the opportunity to enjoy a "real" Venice experience - at an affordable price.

Booking. We corresponded via email with Katia at La Palazzina Veneziana, which was a painless experience. Katia was prompt in her replies and answered all my questions unhesitatingly. The price was all inclusive and Katia only required our credit card details to secure the room - payment was made upon our arrival. She also assured me we could leave our luggage for safekeeping, should we arrive prior to book-in. Their email is info@lapalazzinaveneziana.it

Arrival. Having arrived at Santa Lucia Train Station, we turned left into Rio Tera Lista de Spagna, crossed Guglie Bridge and arrived at the front entrance of the guest house. Even with bags in tow, we covered the 500m in a matter of minutes!

Room. Our luxuriously appointed room was a stunning replica of 18th Century Venetian accommodation. Looking out over the Cannaregio canal, our room had its own terrace from where we could watch the hustle and bustle of water-borne commerce and the romance of gliding gondolas. Relaxing with a glass of white wine, we got many an envious glance from the throngs of day-trippers trudging their way back across the Guglie Bridge to Santa Lucia Train Station.

Breakfast. While not spectacular, the breakfast provided the necessary sustenance for an active day of walking and sightseeing. The buffet style breakfast included all the basics, except for meat such as bacon or ham. However, Alina was always willing to produce a few slices if that is what guests required.

Service. Very friendly, almost homely. Alina speaks English well and was always on hand to answer a question or give advice.

Location. Situated as it is in Cannaregio, the guest house is in close proximity to the vibrant stalls, shops, restaurants and wine shops along Rio Tera San Leonardo. It is also very close to the famous Jewish Ghetto (Campo di Ghetto Nuovo). Vaporetto stops Guglie and San Marcuola is also close nearby, although we preferred to walk to Santo Croce, San Polo, Dorsoduro, Castello and Piazza San Marco.

Canal views in a luxurious room at an affordable price.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Arts and Culture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons