NH Laguna Palace Venice

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 42% less but rated 23% lower than other 4 star hotels

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

The biggest Glass roof in Europe

I have always prefeered to stay in hotels belonging to companies familiar to me to avoid unwanted surprises when reaching the hotel. The NH Laguna Palace was a correct choice for Venice, in this case and was not mistaken. I was aware that the hotel was about 10 Km. away from Venice but was worth it. The hotel is in a comfortable set up with great rooms, service and food. It is a four start hotel which could be considered as luxurious with factors that make it unique such as having a marina inside the hotel property with boats, with the biggest glass roof in Europe, however what matters is the comfort and service and I personally could rank it at 9.5 and therefore recomendable.

• fdrich29's Profile Photo

Best Shower in Italy

We checked in fairly late, about 9:30pm. I parked the car by the entrance, which is off to the side of the hotel. Afterwards we drove underground to park the car and then had to take two elevators up to our floor. The room was large, with a beautiful bathroom of cream and black marble tile. Our extremely large bay windows looked out to the business park across the street, but that aside, this was a beautiful hotel. The bar was really well done, and the entire lobby area was fashionable, clean and sleek. The hotel was essentially two buildings straddling a small marina, connected by intricate bars and poles.

Unique Quality: The hotel is about 10 minutes away from the gathering area/parking lot in Venice and offers a shuttle van (for a fee) to and from Venice.

More about NH Laguna Palace Venice

Venice or Mestre

by Tina007

Hi, I am planning my honeymoon and I am having difficutly finding a hotel in Venice as they are very expensive for something nice. I was thinking of staying in Mestre has they have 4 star hotels at reasonable rates. Would you recommend staying in Mestre and travelling in.

by christine.j

Hotels in Venice are expensive, but to me walking around there very early in the morning was worth the additional cost. We stayed in a small hotel close to the train station, which was cheaper than hotels near San Marco, Hotel Olimpia. In 2005 I stayed in Hotel Arlecchino, right next to the Olimpia. Both are small hotels, but provide all you need. I have the details on my Venice page.

by Ebes

We booked a great hotel through Jet2 called the Duodo Palace. Its a 4 star hotel, very traditional and accessible just off the Grand Canal by boat or on foot. It´s very close to the Fenice Theatre (open again after 8 years following a fire and well worth a visit) and in easy walking distance to St Marks Square. Ask for a room overlooking the canal as its on the gondoliers route and they all sing as the go past. If you go onto Jet2.com you will be able to click on hotels and get info on it, the pics are pretty good. We normally stay at The Monaco but were here whilst they had building work on and we´ll definitely go back again.

by croisbeauty

Yes, its recommendable, train connection or bus is very good and very frequent, round the clock. It takes about 30 minutes to get in and back.

by lajudiasalsera

Rent an apartment - search the Internet for "Venice self-catering apartments". Much more romantic than a hotel and often in quieter streets. Mestre is a good idea but also, rent a flat.

by dobydog

We stayed at the Novotel in Mestre, but I would certainly recommend staying in Venice itself, especially for your Honeymoon.

You obviously have to pay to get into Venice we did it by both bus and train on different days, can't remember the costs.

As I have said I would certainly recommend staying in Venice its great wandering around at night.

The Novotel is OK, but very much a coach hotel, very busy and inpersonal they do have a bus service to Venice but was already booked before we arrived.

Hope you have a great Honeymoon whatever you decide, Venice is certainly a romantic place.

by MaheshSamtani

Hi Christina,
I stayed with my family at the NH LAGUNA PALACE HOTEL in Mestre during my last vist to Venice. You have some more information and pictures on my Venice page. It is a great hotel and the price was reasonable and the service and quality. excellent and we were there for New Year. If you buy a Vaporetto pass you will have all your transport covered in this and you have a direct bus ( 10 minutes walk from the hotel ) that takes you to Venice in less than 15 minutes.
Hope this helps