Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)

Fondamenta delle Zitelle 86, Venice, Veneto, 30133, Italy

Generator Venice
Venere.com Booking.com Travelocity

• be aware of bedbugs !!!!!!!!!

i've just been to this hostel last week my with class from school. we stayed at this hostel for eight days. eventhough the rooms are very bald and the matresses are not that comfortable, the hostel has a very good location.
    but once we were back at home, almost all the girls had little red dots all over their body. we were all biten by bed bugs !!!! even one of the girl was doagnosted with the dross !!!!!

• SJTravel's Profile Photo

Cheapest (non-camping) place in Venice

This hostel is part of the Hostelling International, so you either have to be a member or pay a little more each night to stay. Either way, it is the cheapest non-camping place in Venice. It is located on Giudecca Island so you have to take the Vaporetto to get there. (You may want to get a Vaporetto pass if you are staying in Venice for more than a day, because they require you to pay for yourself to ride the Vaporetto and also your luggage...however, if you get a pass, you luggage is covered.). The Vaporetto ride isn't that long either if you take it from Plaza San Marco, you can also catch one directly to Piazalle Roma (bus stop to get to the airport) or Ferrovia (train station). They provide breakfast, which is a roll and hot drink. But you can buy something more for breakfast there if you would like. You can also buy dinner there if you like (though I would recommend eating elsewhere for the price). They have a luggage storage for a fee, but the fee is cheaper than storing your luggage at the train station. They have lockers with keys as well, which is nice. The lockers are fairly big so they can fit all of your stuff. I have 2 complaints about this place, one is that although the rooms are partitioned off, the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling, so you can hear the noise in several other rooms, which can be a lot. The second complaint is that there are only 4 electrical outlets for several people to share, which can be very difficult. And there are no outlets inside the rooms, so you have to be very trusting to charge things over night. However, I don't know anyone who had a problem with that. Although Giudecca Island itself is rather quiet, it can be very loud within the hostel, even though they have quiet hours and a curfew. I would definitely recommend this place because you can't beat the price. That alone makes it worth it, and it is very accessible to the main island and other islands.

Unique Quality: One cool thing about this hostel that I didn't find in many other hostels I stayed at, is they had individual reading lights for each bed. I really appreciated that because they turn off the lights at a certain time. So you can turn your individual light on when they turn off the lights or if you just want more light because you are on a bottom bunk. It was nice not to have to use my flashlight.

Directions: Giudecca Island. Take the Vaporetto #82 and get off at Zitelle. Once out of the Vaporetto Stop, turn right and walk along the water. You will see the sign for the hostel on the building. Very easy to find once you are on the island.

• jancola's Profile Photo

Worst Hostel in Italy

I spent three weeks in Italy when I was in college. My favorite hostel was in Rome, although I can't remember the name of it. My least favorite BY FAR was this hostel. I was avoiding the Hostelling International hostels during my stay because I always like to be independent, but I chose this one because I was having trouble finding another one in Venice. It was a bad choice. The rooms look like a locker room for fifth graders, and they are stacked three deep with something like 30 people.

I did get sick during my stay here, which colors my judgement. I may have gotten sick because of being stuffed into a locker room with thirty people. But at any rate, it was no fun having to get up and walk past those 30 people to go to the bathroom every hour of the night to puke in the toilet. The staff was not very helpful when I asked them how to get to the hospital, once I started puking up nothing uncontrollably. Venice was ruined for me.

• A great experience !

We've been very very surprised to have such a great accomodation (at cheap price) in Venice. Occasionaly we've got a double room with shower and toilet. The hostel has three separate rooms (2-4 persons each) reserved for families. The price was - in comparision to the level in venice - very fair! We paid in may (high season) 31 EUR each person, breakfast included.

Unique Quality: The hostel is located very central. You can go from there to St. Marcus each 10 minutes by watertaxi. The trip needs approx. 10 minutes.
    The room we've got was very very clean.

• rich77's Profile Photo

The Youth Hostel

I know it has low prices, but pay attention: it is situated on the Giudecca Island so you have to pay the vaporetto to go from and to in!!!!

• storyin's Profile Photo

Storyin Giudecca

Clean and big !

The first time I book a bed from IBN, It was convenient . But the Room is in the side without a sea view window.

The Second Time I go to the hostel without booking , and I get a bed in a sea view room !!

Unique Quality: free sheet

sea view window !

Directions: water bus zitelle stop

• ethereal's Profile Photo

HI hostel

The accomodation is fair, however it is quite a distance away from the train station, but not that long of a ride to San Marco. It has decent rooms and bathrooms, breakfast is like in most other hostels; a bun, jam, butter, coffee or tea and maybe some dessert.

Unique Quality: It has a few grocery stores nearby, the bus stop is literally infront of it, it has internet, and really good dinners for 8 euros.

Directions: Get off the Zitelle bus stop

More about Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)

Travel from Marco Polo airport to Ostello di Venezia Youth Hostel

by nmcgill

My roommates and I will be travelling to Venice in May and have reservations at the Ostello di Venezia Youth Hostel. I am wondering what the best, (and cheapest), way to get from the airport to the hostel would be. Can any one give me precise instructions as to how best to do this?-I really hate to lose valuable time trying to figure it out once I get there. Thanks.

by rocee

Where is this hostel located? THe cheapest way to Venice from Marco Polo airport is by bus to Piazzle Roma (the bus station). Look at www.veniceairport.it for links to information. Another helpful site is veniceforvisitors.com. From the bus station to the hostel you will have to either take a vaparetto (water bus) or walk, depending on the location of the hostel.

by skodeng

I just from got back Venice yesterday. Was there for easter weekend.
From Marco Polo airport, u need to get on Bus no 5 that goes to Piazzale Roma. That's the bus station so it is the last stop. Then walk to the vaporetti (waterbus) stop of P. Roma which is 50 feet away. From there take the waterbus no 82 and get down at Zitelle (if not mistaken). Anyway u cant miss it as the hostel is right in front of the canal with the large words Ostello Venezia written on the wall. I suggest you buy the Venice Card (1/3 day pass) as that will give u unlimited usage of the ACTV public buses (land & water) for the duration.

Hope this helps.

by rocee

since it seems that the hostel is on Giudecca - an island separate from the main part of Venice - the suggestion to get the ACTV vaparetto pass is a good one, as you will need to use the vaparetto to get everywhere else. buy it at the ticket booth at Pzle Roma just before you start to use it, as it is timed by hours (not days). the venice card is really different from this, as in addition to unlimited use of the vaparetti, you also get admission to the civic museums of Venice. again, check the veniceforvisitors.com site for links to additional info on these points.

by nmcgill

Thanks so much-I feel much better about getting where I need to. Our hostel is on Giudecca Island so we will need to take the vaporetto- Is that easy to find from the bus stop? I will definitely check out that website and once again, thanks, you were really helpful.

by nmcgill

Oops!- Just finished reading all the replies and you've answered all my questions. Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your help.

by rocee

you are welcome. have a wonderful trip. Venice is sooooooooooo beautiful ;-)

Comments