Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)

Fondamenta delle Zitelle 86, Venice, Veneto, 30133, Italy
Expedia.com Booking.com

Tags

Beaches Budget Travel Backpacking
See Amenities

be aware of bedbugs !!!!!!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 18, 2007

i've just been to this hostel last week my with class from school. we stayed at this hostel for eight days. eventhough the rooms are very bald and the matresses are not that comfortable, the hostel has a very good location.
but once we were back at home, almost all the girls had little red dots all over their body. we were all biten by bed bugs !!!! even one of the girl was doagnosted with the dross !!!!!

SJTravel's Profile Photo

Cheapest (non-camping) place in Venice

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 2, 2007

This hostel is part of the Hostelling International, so you either have to be a member or pay a little more each night to stay. Either way, it is the cheapest non-camping place in Venice. It is located on Giudecca Island so you have to take the Vaporetto to get there. (You may want to get a Vaporetto pass if you are staying in Venice for more than a day, because they require you to pay for yourself to ride the Vaporetto and also your luggage...however, if you get a pass, you luggage is covered.). The Vaporetto ride isn't that long either if you take it from Plaza San Marco, you can also catch one directly to Piazalle Roma (bus stop to get to the airport) or Ferrovia (train station). They provide breakfast, which is a roll and hot drink. But you can buy something more for breakfast there if you would like. You can also buy dinner there if you like (though I would recommend eating elsewhere for the price). They have a luggage storage for a fee, but the fee is cheaper than storing your luggage at the train station. They have lockers with keys as well, which is nice. The lockers are fairly big so they can fit all of your stuff. I have 2 complaints about this place, one is that although the rooms are partitioned off, the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling, so you can hear the noise in several other rooms, which can be a lot. The second complaint is that there are only 4 electrical outlets for several people to share, which can be very difficult. And there are no outlets inside the rooms, so you have to be very trusting to charge things over night. However, I don't know anyone who had a problem with that. Although Giudecca Island itself is rather quiet, it can be very loud within the hostel, even though they have quiet hours and a curfew. I would definitely recommend this place because you can't beat the price. That alone makes it worth it, and it is very accessible to the main island and other islands.

Unique Quality: One cool thing about this hostel that I didn't find in many other hostels I stayed at, is they had individual reading lights for each bed. I really appreciated that because they turn off the lights at a certain time. So you can turn your individual light on when they turn off the lights or if you just want more light because you are on a bottom bunk. It was nice not to have to use my flashlight.

Directions: Giudecca Island. Take the Vaporetto #82 and get off at Zitelle. Once out of the Vaporetto Stop, turn right and walk along the water. You will see the sign for the hostel on the building. Very easy to find once you are on the island.

jancola's Profile Photo

Worst Hostel in Italy

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 30, 2006

I spent three weeks in Italy when I was in college. My favorite hostel was in Rome, although I can't remember the name of it. My least favorite BY FAR was this hostel. I was avoiding the Hostelling International hostels during my stay because I always like to be independent, but I chose this one because I was having trouble finding another one in Venice. It was a bad choice. The rooms look like a locker room for fifth graders, and they are stacked three deep with something like 30 people.

I did get sick during my stay here, which colors my judgement. I may have gotten sick because of being stuffed into a locker room with thirty people. But at any rate, it was no fun having to get up and walk past those 30 people to go to the bathroom every hour of the night to puke in the toilet. The staff was not very helpful when I asked them how to get to the hospital, once I started puking up nothing uncontrollably. Venice was ruined for me.

A great experience !

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 27, 2004

We've been very very surprised to have such a great accomodation (at cheap price) in Venice. Occasionaly we've got a double room with shower and toilet. The hostel has three separate rooms (2-4 persons each) reserved for families. The price was - in comparision to the level in venice - very fair! We paid in may (high season) 31 EUR each person, breakfast included.

Unique Quality: The hostel is located very central. You can go from there to St. Marcus each 10 minutes by watertaxi. The trip needs approx. 10 minutes.
The room we've got was very very clean.

rich77's Profile Photo

The Youth Hostel

by written on April 5, 2004

I know it has low prices, but pay attention: it is situated on the Giudecca Island so you have to pay the vaporetto to go from and to in!!!!

storyin's Profile Photo

Storyin Giudecca

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 1, 2003

Clean and big !

The first time I book a bed from IBN, It was convenient . But the Room is in the side without a sea view window.

The Second Time I go to the hostel without booking , and I get a bed in a sea view room !!

Unique Quality: free sheet

sea view window !

Directions: water bus zitelle stop

ethereal's Profile Photo

HI hostel

by written on December 29, 2002

The accomodation is fair, however it is quite a distance away from the train station, but not that long of a ride to San Marco. It has decent rooms and bathrooms, breakfast is like in most other hostels; a bun, jam, butter, coffee or tea and maybe some dessert.

Unique Quality: It has a few grocery stores nearby, the bus stop is literally infront of it, it has internet, and really good dinners for 8 euros.

Directions: Get off the Zitelle bus stop

Nearby Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)

Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)

• Ostello Venezia Hotel Venice

Address: Fondamenta delle Zitelle 86, Venice, Veneto, 30133, Italy

3 Photos of Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Venice Travel Forum

Need advice about Venice, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Venice and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Venice hotel reviews

Canal Grande
Rialto Bridge
Basilica di San Marco
Things to Do
By water taxi (& private boats)
Ponte dei Sospiri
Gondola
Murano Island
Traghetto
Transportation
Walking (incl. city maps)
Food, wine and sweets
Markets
Other Islands
Churches
Favorites
Street Sellers (fake products)
Brek Ristorante