Palazzo Priuli Hotel

Castello 4979/b Fondamenta de l'Osmarin, Venice, Veneto, 30122, Italy

Palazzo Priuli
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Great location but tired room

I stayed just one night at Palazzo Priuli in April 2009 with my husband and two children (6 and 1) but was very disappointed by the bedroom.

We had booked via lastminute.com and thought we had secured a good deal.....but for a very tired looking room. The furniture was heavily stained and dated. It also seemed to be the only room without a number on its door? The worse thing was that the room was actually located in an out-building 20 meters away from the Palazzo, on the last floor (with a lift that broke down on day one). This meant tiring trips down the stairs with a heavy luggage and a toddler, the need to get out of the building to have breakfast or to talk to the receptionist in the main Palazzo and slow room-service. It was also slightly bizarre that the other floors were occupied by private flats rather than hotel rooms.

To its credit, the hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was of good quality. I just wished we had been warned that the room was not actually located in the main Palazzo and was on the very last floor (the hotel knew through our booking that we have very young children).

Also on the positive side, the hotel's location is great. There are lots of restaurants nearby and a gondola right in front of it. We have also enjoyed walking in the nearby cobbled streets at night. Very peaceful and quaint.

I would give another go to the hotel but only on the condition that we are allocated a room in the main building.

Directions: Great location for San Marco square and local trattorias

More about Palazzo Priuli Hotel

Escape to a quiet green park!

by debtravers

Parco Savorgnan, in the Cannareggio, is a beautiful, calm and peaceful park to retreat to and contemplate the beauty of Venice if you're suffering overload! Its located behind the Palazzo Venier; a small entrance to the right, next to the Palazzo Priuli-Manfrin, leads into the Park.

Palazzo PriuliPalazzo Priuli

Hotels in Venice

Dear VTers,

One more question - I will be in Venice for a few days in May - June this year, and the two hotels I am looking at are Bonvecchiati on Piazza S. Marco 4488, and Palazzo Priuli on Castello 4979/B. Has anyone stayed there? Are they any good? Which one is a better choice?
Thanks a lot in advance
:o)

bravecat

Re: Hotels in Venice

by Cynthia_marie

I stayed at the Bonvecchiati last Sept and it was wonderful. The location is perfect for San Marco square. You are about 5 mins from there. If I were to go back again, this is where I would stay. However, in May it is very expensive. I paid about $80 Euros a night; I do believe in May, it is double this. Have fun...

by Bravecat

Thanks a lot, it looks like the other hotel is fully booked anyway, so it's Bonvecchiatti for us this time. And yes, the price bites, but so does everything in May in Venice :)

by Cynthia_marie

I am going to Venice on May 11th for 3 days and have decided to stay at a hostel. (they call this a Bed & Breakfast also). The price is only 30 Euros a night; it includes breakfast. It is 5 mins from San Marco Square and only a few minutes from the hotel you'll be staying at.

by Bravecat

I hope you enjoy your stay in Venice, Cynthia! I won't be there until May 20th. And this time it's a proper hotel for hubby and me, we felt like we deserved a treat! :o)

by Bravecat

Well there is only one Riyadhboy that I happen to know personally :o))

Comments