Panorama Hotel Venice

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• klasher's Profile Photo

Hotel on the Lido

We were origianally booked at the Bed and Breakfast Art Academy through Venere, but when we arrived we were greeted by a young guy stating our room had some damage and we were to be staying at another hotel. I was a little worried because I had spent numerous hours trying to find a hotel in our budget, yet one that was easy to get to.
    We payed around $120 Euros for each night at Art Academy, and the Panorama was a total upgrade. Although a little off of the beaten path, we were able to see a beautiful area that we would have probably missed.

Unique Quality: Small but well appointed room. We stayed in the Garden Room and we had our own private enterance with easy access to the balcony. Bathroom was completely marble and had a hairdryer.
    Breakfast was excellent, with a huge selection of meats, cheese, yogurt, fruit, cereal, breads and pastries. During nice weather, breakfast is served on the deck.

Directions: Take Vaperetto #1 to the Lido. You will see the yellow hotel across the street when you get off of the boat.

• Lovely and quiet on the Lido

Had the pleasure to stay at the Hotel Panorama on the Venice Lido in late August. It was truly lovely. I stayed there based on the reviews on Virtual Tourist and they were right on. The hotel is small but very elegant. Reception personnel were helpful and willing to be of service. Our room was a little on the small side with two twin beds but my daughter and I made it work. We did ask if they had a larger accomodation and they did not. The room had a lovely view of the canal and the air conditioner worked well. The bathroom was smaller but very clean with all the amenities. The shower was the smallest we had ever seen! Breakfast was included in our rate and they had a lovely dining room or you could eat on the terrace. I loved the Lido area of Venice and would stay there again.

Unique Quality: Lovely, small hotel. Very quiet.

Directions: Take a vaparetto to Lido (#1, 51, 52) and the hotel will be right in front of you. Very easy access/

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

If you're lucky, you can book...

If you're lucky, you can book a decent hotel on Venice mainland (near the Piazza San Marco) during any time of year. If you're REALLY lucky, you can book a decent hotel on Venice mainland (near Piazza San Marco) during Carnivale! During my last 2 visits to Venice, I wasn't so lucky.

Don't arrive without prior reservations.....because if you rely on the tourist office in the central train station to book it for you, you'll end up in a dump! My friends and I ended up in a small hotel where they used tablecloths for towels, and the bathroom was the size of a phone booth!

My 2nd visit, during Carnivale, all the hotels in the main square (where most of the events took place) were booked. Our last resort was to book in the Lido section of Venice. I'm happy to report that we were very pleased with our accommodations at the HOTEL PANORAMA. This was a 4-star accommodation and the perfect location on the Lido, with a view of St. Mark's Square across the way. During the warm summer months, this place offers a quaint little outdoor dining area with a perfect view of Venice.

The most memorable part of our stay at this hotel was the staff. They were very friendly and knowledgeable......always eager to practice their English with us tourists! Here my friends and I are posing with 'Sabrina' our friendly, day-shift Front Desk agent. Sabrina is da Bomb! She gave us all the tips that 3 party girls would want to know while visiting Venice! Where all the HOT parties are!

If you stay at the Hotel Panorama, be sure to say 'hi' to Sabrina. Because this is a public hotel, of course there are no restrictions on when you come in and out, but if you happen to run into the night-shift agent (whom they affectionately call 'Prince), when waltzing in at 5am.....be sure to tip-toe to your room. If you wake him, he'll give you a *stink-eye* so harsh, you'd swear you were breaking CURFEW with your Dad!!!
    A dbl room can average around $105 Euro

Unique Quality: Friendly staff, great location outside the busy 'tourist' areas of Venice mainland.

Directions: Hotel Panorama Venice
    Piazzale Santa Maria Elisabetta 1
    30126 Venezia

More about Panorama Hotel Venice

Venice is garbage!!!

Ok let me start out by saying that we had amazing time in Europe during our honeymoon this last October. However the decsion to head all the way east to Venice was the only mistake we made the whole trip. I guess we were just spoiled in London, Paris, and Lucerne (Switz) before we made it to Disneyland Italy (Venice). Since this a hotel review let me be honest by filling in potential guests who like me used trip advisor to help them book a hotel in Venice. The hotel was ok, pretty clean, weird but nice staff and fairly large rooms. The air conditioning is non existant so we had to open the windows, only to be awakened in the middle of the night being swarmed with mosquitos (disgusting). People are correct in saying that the Lido (Island located right across from the main attractions in Venice) is a great location to stay in. But this is only true because the further you stay away from Venice itself the better. I cannot recommend enough for people who are looking a for a nice beautiful, romantic vaction to STAY AWAY from Venice at all costs!!! What a dump! We where there in the "off-season" and unlike Paris and London there were hordes of tourists everywhere! You had to literally push your way through the tiny little alley's just to get fresh air. What really blows my mind is that fact that people seem to love this place. There was absolutely nothing to love. NO impressive landscape, NO interesting attractions (other than a small over crowed church that wouldn't even be listed as an attraction in a place like Paris), NO practical shopping (unless you like cheap mardi gras styled masks and over priced leather clothes that looked like something out of "European Vaction" with Chevy Chase) and to say that the "Italian food" was a disapointment would be the biggest understatement of them all!! I swear to you, no exaggeration....95% of the restaurants in Venice were crappy "pizza" places disguised as real restaurants. That's all they had everywhere....pizza and an occaisonal seafood joint. The "pizza" was anything but. It is exactly identical to the $2 pizzas you buy at the grocery store and through in the microwave. i mean the food was AWFUL! I only wish that i would have met the Italian people on the train there, that told me how overrated venice is and how distgusting their "italian food" was. People I cannot warn you enough....stay away from Venice! If you want to go to Italy...go to Tuscany, Rome, or Sicily. Spend your time somewhere truley beautiful like Lucerne Switzerland or Paris. I appologize for this novel of doom here, but seriously I remember sitting up at 4 a.m. getting attacked by mosquitos and promising myself that when i got home i would have the courtesy to warn fellow trip advisor users about the evil's of Venice. As for the hotel Panorama....the fact that it was semi decent and convenient, could never make up for the fact that it resides in the biggest dump and overrated location in Europe...sorry:(

Just loved our time there

One of our dreams has been to tour Venice. We spent 8 days in this wonderful City and enjoyed every minute of it. We stayed on the island of Lido at the Panorama Hotel (an especially nice hotel with great location, service and just exceptional hosts). Be sure to get a good map of the city and just go out and get lost. Every turn of the street will bring a new site and snapshots galor.
It is expensive around San Marco, and the pigeons will drive you crazy, but the less traveled routes are not to be missed.
Thanks to Gianfranco and Sabrina from the Hotel Panarama for making our visit one to remember.

Don and Pattie

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LondonSudha

My partner and I stayed at the Panorama in June of this year and were more than staisfied with our choice of hotel. Initially I was slightly concerned with the hotel being on Lido Island but it turned out for the best. As we arrived very late at night we phoned ahead to let the hotel know and reception were so helpful in telling us how to reach the hotel late at night from the train station and, when we reached the hotel the concierge was more than helpful and accommodating at such a late hour. The room was just right as we had booked a room with a view we had a perfect view of Venice Island from our room and the vaporetto stop was right in front of the hotel - v convenient. It was so nice to spend the day on Venice island and know we are escaping the madness by coming back to Lido to the lovely hotel. Lido beach is also a 10 min walk away and the hotel has a private sector of the beach for its customers which meant we relaxed on the beach away from the crowds. The hotel was more than charming with friendly staff and a clean, perfect room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Would go back!

by TripAdvisor Member Homesy

We stayed at the Panorama for 3 nights at the end of October 2004. We booked it after reading the reviews here and we weren't disappointed - it's a lovely hotel! It's bright and clean and the staff were helpful in recommending a couple of nice places to eat. Above all, it's in a great location on the Lido which is a real haven away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist centre. When you're ready to do battle with the crowds, the vaporetto stop is right opposite the hotel and it's only a 10-15 minute ride across to San Marco.
Only one drawback - don't go for a room on the 3rd floor (although the nice man on reception said that these are being extended with balconies for 2005). The one we had on the first night was a great size and had a jacuzzi, but it also had no windows and the aircon was pretty non-existent - we changed rooms at 3.30am (thanks again to the nice man on reception) to the Garden Room on the ground floor, which was smaller but thankfully much cooler.
Would definitely go back next time we're in Venice!

What a great hotel

We had a couple of nights here at the end of October - it was a present for my 30th birthday and we loved it!!! The hotel itself is very clean and tidy, the continental breakfast was great, but what really makes this hotel is the staff. They couldn't do enough for us - they recommended places to eat, gave us times for the Water Bus, encouraged us to take our wine up onto the terrace at the front of the hotel which has a great view of Venice, and sympathised with us when both Lido and Venice flooded on our final day!! Only one thing to note was that our room had no bath, not an issue in itself, but after a long day of walking round Venice would've been nice to have a relaxing bath!! Overall, would highly recommend it, we would certainly love to go back.

exceptional staff

I celebrated my 50th birthday in Venice and had a wonderful time. I specifically chose this hotel because I wanted to be away from the tourist mecca of St. Marks when day was done. It far exceeded my expectations. The staff is far friendlier and more helpful than any of the better hotels in California and no false ingratiating attitudes. The room was a bit small, but immaculate and attractive. Breakfast consisted of fresh meats and cheese, delectable pastries, suberb coffee, fruit sauces, cereals and yogurt. There were wonderful shops, restaurants, and cafes just around the corner. The most convenient part was after 12 hours of travel, taking the water taxi from the airport directly to the lido dock and finding the hotel just directly across the street--no dragging suitcases across cobblestone streets. There are bike rentals, beautiful walking paths right along the sea, and a chance to experience Italian culture at a less hectic pace. This is a lovely hotel and I highly recommend it.

Beautiful Venice

by Vallelde

"Breath takingly beautiful"

I just returned from a five day stay with my daughter in Venice. We stayed on the Lido at the Hotel Panorama. I found Venice heaven on earth. The water, canals, alleyways, shops, restaurants, street vendors all add to it's charm. San Marco Square is beautiful. I was amazed at the size of it. The piazza area is very large with much entertainment, music, food, people, artists, etc. Be sure to go at night as crowds thin out and it is lovely. Found Venice more expense than Rome and the restaurants not as good. Shopping was much more expensive. One does not go to Venice to shop. Go to soak in the beauty and charm. Went to the beach daily at the Lido. Enjoyed the vaporetta ride back and forth. I am looking forward to returning next summer for a longer stay. The Lido is not so touristy and a lovely spot. Be sure to experience it if you make the trip to Venice.

Panorama Hotel

by Vallelde

Has anyone stayed at this hotel in Venice? I believe it is in the Lido section....I have heard good things but can't find anything on it on VT. Please advice...Ciao

Re: Panorama Hotel

by Lacristina

Ciao, lucky you! Most folks seem to love this hotel.

I haven't stayed there, but here are reviews. Venere.com is fairly trustworthy as you must book and pay through them before you are allowed to comment.

Also, see