Pantalon Hotel

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 25% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• veliaze's Profile Photo

Small and cheap

I lived at Hotel Pantalon for four nights in May 2011.
    I can´t say I would recommend it to friends, but I can´t say I wouldn´t recommend it.

Hotel Pantalon is a small hotel located just 15 minutes from Piazzale Roma in the Dorsoduro District of Venice. All the major attractions in Venice are reachable by foot from Hotel Pantalon.

The first thing that struck us when Arriving to this hotel was that it was quite tricky to enter the small doorway with luggage and carry-ons. The lobby was beautifully decorated with venetian decor.

We made our reservaion with Expedia and check-in was no problem at all. We got our room-key but the receptionist wanted to keep our passports for about 15minutes. We found this quite odd but we did get them back when we asked for them later that same evening.

There are no elevators in Pantalon Hotel so be prepared to carry your luggage up a narrow stairway. Hopefully you´ll get a room at the first floor like we did :). The room itself was small. the room fitted just one doublebed, a desk with a small TV, and two bedside tables. There were also two closets and a small refrigerator (which was packed with expensive minibar-stuff).

The absolutely funniest part with the hotelroom was the bathroom. The bathroom is by far the smallest bathroom I´ve seen and yet they crammed the place with a toilett, shower, Bidet and a sink. The shower even lacked a showercurtain so when you used the shower the whole bathroom got soaked...
    Good thing there were lots of towels to dry the floors with :)

We had a balcony with a view of the opposing hotel, Oh and of the narrow street below.

The bed was hard and uncomfortable.

The continental breakfast was ok. You should try the Coffee yoghurt.
    When we left the Hotelroom they wanted us to leave the key at the frontdesk. We didn´t feel uncomfortable but I can understand if some people will. Since our plane back home didn´t leave until late we got to store our luggage at the frontdesk. We were asked to put our bags behind a curtain. I was never really nervous that our bags would be stolen when we got back, but again, It would feel safer if they atleast were behind a locked door.

Over all I must say We enjoyed our stay at the Pantalon Hotel. We looked for a place to sleep and eat breakfast and we found just that. If you plan on spending time at the hotel while in Venice - Hotel Pantalon is not for you.

One Thing that might be useful to know. every night when I was about to sleep and every morning when I woke up I had a running nose and coughed more often than usual. When we hit the streets of Venice it all suddenly went away. I´m not allergic to any kind of known substance nor am I sick that very often (on average two sickdays per year) so this experience made me believe it might have been something with the room.

I will rate the satisfaction of this hotel as "Satisfied". the motivation simply beeing that We got what we payed for; A bed to sleep in. We had low expectations getting here, and those low expectations were met.

Directions: Hotel Pantalon is actually quite easy to find if you land at Piazzale Roma, which You probalbly will. A mere 15minute walk down the Salizada S. Pantalon and you will quite easily find it on your left side, just across hotel Tivoli.

Comments