Dorsoduro 1058, Venice, Veneto, 30123, Italy

Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

• royalempress's Profile Photo

Great location-a block from the Accademia Bridge

We have stayed 3 times at the Pensione Accademia and have been very happy with each of our stays. Our rooms were nice and the upper floors had air. You really don't need the air, even in the summer. We have always asked for a room facing the canal. You really have to book very, very, early to get one of these rooms... Room 44 is our favorite.

Breakfast is outside in the gardens. This hotel has gardens and fountains everywhere. Flowers abound during the summer. The hotel is filled with antiques and persian carpets yet it is not at all pretentious. A note of interest as the Pensione (Villa Maravege) was the villa filmed in Katherine Hepburn's movie "Summertime". She also stayed at the Villa and was filmed drinking coffee in the existing gardens. The Villa has a beautiful garden courtyard that is surrounded with flowers. In the mornings your breakfast is served in the courtyard. A villa with gardens and flowers is a real rarity in Venice.

The area where the hotel is tends to be quiet even during the day. It is located down a narrow dead end street. We really like this area of Venice because it is not crowded with tourist the way other areas of Venice are.

Unique Quality: Check out the reviews on Tripadvisor, they are unbelievably good. This hotel books up very fast so book early.
    The breakfasts are really nice with lots of fresh fruit.

• Maramato's Profile Photo

Lovely hotel in the Dorsoduro area of Venice

I have just returned from Venice where I stayed at this hotel - only a 5 minute walk from the Accademia Vaporetta stop in the Dorsoduro area. On arrival, the hotel staff were most pleasant and our bags were carried to our rooms.

I had a single room which although quite small was extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. I could not fault the room at all. For 99 euros per night I had a view of the Grand Canal, too.

I had read varying reports on the breakfast - some good, some not so positive. As with the room, I could not fault the breakfast with plenty of variety and as much as you could eat.

I would definitely stay here again.

Unique Quality: Wonderful, peaceful location. NIce ambience. View of Grand Canal from many rooms.

Directions: Only a 5 minute walk from the Accademia Vaporetta.

• geekgrrl's Profile Photo

Pensione Accademia

This was a lovely hotel in a quiet area of Venice. There was a lovely courtyard. It is also near the Accademie Bridge which makes it very convenient to transportation.

Unique Quality: This property actually has grounds. It used to be the Russian Embassy, and it looks like it, both inside and out.

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Pensione Accademia

This pension is located by the Grand Canal, at the left of the Accademia, close to the center, but in a quiet place.
    Wonderful old wooden furniture, nice building.

Directions: Cross the Accademia Bridge, turn right, cross the first channel, and keep going right towards Ca Rezzonico

More about Pensione Accademia - Villa Maravege

Pensione Accademia is the best

We stayed at Pensione Accademia for eight nights July 14 - 21, 2004. There are four of us - my husband, myself, and our two teenagers. This was our third time staying at this lovely hotel. We always stay several days because we love Venice and part of the reason we love Venice so much is because of Pensione Accademia. The staff feels like family now.

We stay in one of the suites located in the beautiful garden. The hotel is spotlessly clean. The two gardens, one in front and one in back, are gorgeous and meticulously cared for. It's so relaxing to come "home" and relax in one of the gardens.

The breakfast is wonderful. They have a buffet selection of bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, cold cuts, fruit, cereals, yogurt, fresh juices, coffee, hot chocolate. You won't need to eat again until dinner.

One of our favorite restaurants is San Trovaso which is located directly across the canal from the hotel. The staff at the hotel can make a reservation for you.

The hotel has its own boat dock. If you wish to spend the money for a water taxi - which we did for the first time this trip - it makes it very easy to get to the hotel.

The area the hotel is in is called Dorsoduro. Very near the Accademia bridge, museum, and the Peggy Guggenheim museum. It's a quieter area of Venice and very wonderful. Very close to the Zattere which is really nice to take a walk to. There is a really nice wine bar on the way to the Zattere called Gia Schiavi where they have nice wines and cicchetti.

We would not hesitate to recommend Pensione Accademia to any of our friends. It holds a dear spot in our hearts.

I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN!

We stayed at the Accademia for 3 nights in June and were very satisfied. The room was nice and clean, decorated in the Italian style. The neighborhood was great, conveniently located between the Rialto and San Marco, without the hordes of tourists. We would definitely stay there again!

A very nice and well located place to stay in Venice

by TripAdvisor Member AshesToProveIt

We booked this hotel for a two day stay in late August 2004. The booking was based on the many favorable Internet reviews that I saw.

The three of us were given the small suite at the absolute top of the building (Room 60), and this was reached only by going up quite a few stairs. I got lost the first time I tried to find my way back to the lobby.

The hotel room was beautifully appointed, and very comfortable, altho a bit tight for the extra bed added for our daughter. Breakfast was included, and we had breakfast in an outdoor patio just in front of the hotel. Breakfast was fairly limited on selection of items, but OK. Unfortunately, when we were there, the canal in front of the hotel was being drained and repaired, and there were some pretty disgusting smells that permeated the air near the hotel, but we did not notice this in our room or once inside the hotel courtyard.

People at the desk were very helpful, but differed on credibility. One woman, who seemed involved in management, appeared to be truly helpful with honest suggestions. Another clerk, appeared to be pushing things that would bring the hotel extra compensation - the Murano glass tour (which I took years ago, and resented the intense selling that went on), and the hotel owners' separate restaurant that is about a five minute walk from the hotel in the direction of San Marco. Some guests had been talked into eating at the restaurant, and they commented (consistent with some Internet reviews I saw) that the food was good, but nothing noteworthy or that would cause them to go back again.

The location of this hotel is very good. It is not a particularly crowded area of Venice, and an easy walk to many things that one would want to visit. It is also very near the very reasonably priced and good restaurant San Travaso, which is worth a meal if you want good food in large quantities and reasonable prices. We would not hesitate to stay at the hotel again because of the location and the very comfortable rooms.

Pefect location! Beautiful hotel! Will stay there again.

I stayed in this hotel with a friend for three nights in Sept 2004 - my 5th visit to Venice in as many years - and I think I have finally found the perfect place to stay. The location is perfect - Dorsoduro is an excellent location to get away from the crowds and still be near everything. Close to the Grand Canal, close to the Zattere it just doesnt get any better. The two gardens - one in front and one in back - are a rare find in Venice and a great place to relax. Staff - professional and helpful. Rooms - lovely and perfectly clean. Breakfast - none of those nasty Italian packaged croissants to be found. Beds - firm, no complaints (pillows a bit too firm), Internet access, a selection of international newspapers and books, great restaurants in the 'hood, Cole Porter playing in the lobby loo - what more could you want? I'll stay there again.

A very nice hotel in a good location

by TripAdvisor Member BobinAustin

The hotel is charming. It is on a side canal about 50 feet from the Grand Canal. It has a lovely garden area and a patio with tables. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was OK for 3 star with a small bath with shower. It overlooked the canal which was OK until they started dumping rubble from a reconstruction next door into a barge at 7 a.m. At least there are no motor scooters in Venice. There appear to be some larger rooms too so when you call them ask about all the room types.
Also, we took a water taxi from the airport to the hotel's dock. Fast, easy and you don't have to drag your luggage all over. A mere 80 euro for 4 people.
The water taxi from the hotel to the San Marco garage was 60 euro.
Oh, and the breakfasts were just fine.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member nastraveler

We stayed here in late September. We also had a room at the top of the hotel, luckily there was someone to carry our luggage as there was no lift. We requested 2 twin beds and were given a room with 1 bed in one room and the other bed in a small alcove at the door. It was very strange. View from the bedroom was wonderful, the Grand Canal and the gardens. There was no noise or smell anywhere.

Breakfast was very good. Lots of choices. Great way to start the day. They did have a outdoor eating area, but it was alittle chilly when we were there to sit outdoors in the morning.

Location is wonderful. Within easy walking distance of all places and the vaperattos stops.

Would stay there again.

by stevee

Thinking of staying here next March. Anyone have any comments about the hotel? What about standard rooms vs superior?

by mariocibelli

in italy most hotels rooms are nothing to write home about, so take the less expensive one. if you were in a resort like capri then i would feel differently, but in the main tourist cities, the golden triangle as some call it, the rooms are OK, unless you are in a five star. Unless somebody else is paying the bill, then go for the suite and minibar...

by tufo

Despite the opinion of the first replay, when I travel I prefer always to stay in an apartment better as in a hotel room: that gives you the feeling to live in a town, and not to be just a tourist. Some friends strongly adviced me a flat where they stayed last summer, (www.flat-in-venice.com) maybe it is a good idea also for you...
Have a nice holiday!

Re: Re: Pensione Accademia

by mariocibelli

An apartment is a much better option, if the person is staying more than a few days and is a more independent traveller. Due to the grat fall in tourism here, the apartment market is actually better than it was before (prices a bit more negotiable), that is at least what the market is like in Florence. Furthermore, many hotels in order to cope with the fall in tourism have actually raised their prices. I actually meant to say in my first message to take the cheaper of the two rooms.

by Steve2004

I stayed at a there two years ago. http://www.pensioneaccademia.it/ Very nice little hotel. Well kept, clean, good service. They serve breakfast on a large terrace in front with a garden and trees. There's another garden in back. It's unusual for a Venice hotel to have any greenspace at all, so it's a real bonus. If you want privacy I recall there was a detached cabin or two in the rear garden.

The hotel is a minute's walk from L'Accidemia museum and bridge, and is just off the Grand Canal (far enough off to eliminate the noise, close enough to see the boat traffic). Highly recommended.

I can't comment about standard rooms vs. superior. I stayed in standard and was very pleased. I hear people talk all the time about high-priced and poor quality hotels in Venice. I always suggest this one.

Comments