Calle drio la Scimia 240/a, Rialto, Venice, 30125, Italy

Booking.com Priceline.com

• AnnamariaC.'s Profile Photo

Venezia little jewel

This is a small hotel just off Ponte Rialto.... the hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly..The location is super, just off Ponte Rialto, the outdoor market is just around the corner.We spent 4 fantastic days in venice and we hope to go back again.

Directions: Rialto Bridge

• ChartIt's Profile Photo

A slice of Venice's History!

This is a great lovely place, small and really busy! It serves breakfast, has a wonderfully friendly staff and AC! The beds are comfortable, and even though you could end up sharing a bathroom with other guests, it isnt a big deal at all. They do have rooms with bathrooms, but we opted for the sharing. The prefer you to pay in cash, and in fact will give you a discount on the price if you do. They do have "apartments" for familes with the idea of spending more then a few days in Venice. So you know, the place is booked up for nearly 50 nights a year by Rick Steve's Tour groups. Which isnt a big deal most of the year! It is a really nice place, cheap, and with a wonderful atmosphere.

Unique Quality: The building is more then 800 years old, which is really cool in itself! The place is simple, clean, and is a wonderful refuge from Venice at those times you need a break. My cousin and I were thrilled with the location! We were lucky to get a room with a view of the Rialto fruit and vegtable market/ fish market as well as some of the Grand Canal. I had a great morning when i opened the window and had one of the vendors wave at me :) A lovely way to start any day! The staff is great, and being from the Mid-West in the United States the concept of a fish market was unreal to me! I have never seen so many fish, anyway I was confused as to why the lobsters and other live seafood with legs didnt walk away. Well the fishmonger wasnt exactly willing to try and talk and explain it to me, the lovely gentleman at the desk at Albergo Guerrato did! I never thought of lobsters as zombies, but i guess i dont really ever eat lobster anyway. But the staff is wonderful. The breakfast was filling and typical of Italian hotels. I would go back there any day of the week! Oh and it is quiet at night.

Directions: They give you very detailed directions on confirmation of your reservation! Which is needed, follow them and pay attention to the shops around you.

• Real Find Near the Realto

Likely the best deal in Venice. Situated next to the Rialto Market and bridge, this Pensione serves up a great breakfast to get you through the day so you do not have to stop and buy an expensive lunch in the most expensve city in Italy.

Unique Quality: Great Location! Every tourist area is within easy walking distance

Directions: Rialto Bridge

More about Pensione Guerrato

Loved this Hotel. The staff were so welcoming,informative, warm, and friendly.

by TripAdvisor Member Diandebra

Our room had marble floors with oriental scatter rugs It was Room 8 with a side view of the market place and the Gran Canal! The bathroom and bedroom were immaculate. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was well presented and delicious with a good variety of food. Our overall experience was terrific, great, excellent,etc.

Pensione Guerrato ROCKS!

by TripAdvisor Member crazyleslie

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two weeks in September 2006. If I could sum up this hotel in one word it would be "Charming"!!! We had a wonderful time because the hotel is in a great location for exploring Venice. You can easily walk everywhere from the hotel and the owners and their staff are so friendly and helpful to ease the strain of being in a new city. There are wonderful local restaurants steps away with reasonable prices, and during the day, the marketplace is right there with little stalls near the Rialto for quick yummy sandwiches to die for on fresh baked breads and great cheeses. There are pastry shops and bakeries right near the hotel, 2 doors down. I loved the location!

Two things though: There is no elevator, so it is a long way up and down the stairs when you are coming in late at night and your feet are tired, but it is good for working off calories and good excercise for your butt and legs! Like a mandatory stair master built into your vacation!!! The other thing is that there is a bar on the ground floor next door, and drinking and music goes on late into the evening, as they eat and drink outside in the square below, so you might have to keep your windows shut (but they are double paned to keep the noise out - and work great!) and you will have to use the air conditioning in the summer if you keep the windows shut at night. But heck, all the wonderful Venetian atmosphere and daily life is something I could "drink up" all the time, so just being there was a chance of a lifetime. There is no place on this earth like the city of Venice! I can't wait to go back! I don't think it would be possible to get bored in this marvelous city!

(I added photos, but I'm not sure they got included with my review; they might be in a separate submission, so check them out!)

We stayed in 3 different rooms, because we were there for 2 weeks, and the best was room 32, but better than that was the 2 bedroom apartment on the top floor called "Nelly" - it had wonderful views of the grand canal, the marketplace, and had a little kitchen and a dining room. The shower was small, and the hot water took a little while to get hot every 5 minutes or so because the hot water heater was in the kitchen, but the place was charming nonetheless - the rooms were huge with beautiful antiques and furniture! Very comfortable... Room 32 had a beautiful new bathroom with a wonderful huge shower and lots of hot water! I loved it! I miss Venice and can't wait to return!

Lovely Hotel in the back-lane

by TripAdvisor Member buzibody

Not recommended for somebody with a lot of luggages, as you need to cross the Rialto bridge and walk thru' a road with crowed souvenirs to get to the hotel! A gem awaits you once you reach the front door of the hotel.

Excellent service! The strong receptionist single-handedly carried our luggages up the flight of steps. Daily cleaning was fast and efficient. Even the cleaners were smiling all the time.

HUGE room with lovely antique-looking furniture. Vast and well decorated (including persian-looking carpets) corridors makes you feel like you are staying in a mansion. Many guidebooks were available for browsing.

Good Breakfast!

Conveniently located next to Rialto Fish and Vegetable market.

Nice little hotel by the Rialto

by TripAdvisor Member WeeKee

The hotel is located conveniently near the Rialto bridge, right by the fresh foods market. What makes this convenient is that it is a nice little 15 min walk to Piazza San Marco, and being near to the Rialto landmark means there are many signs to point you back to the hotel if you are lost among the narrow and winding alleys. It is also a stone's throw from the Rialto vaporetto stop.

The furnishing of the hotel is sweet, with a lush mix of antiques which makes the hotel look like a 19th century gentleman's mansion.

Our room is of a nice size though without a bathroom, though it contains a sink and a bathroom is not far. We thought the room was rather basic as compared to the rest of the hotel, which is a little disppointing.

The owner was however unassuming and helpful, and the room comes with a hearty breakfast buffet which includes homemade croissants.

Excellent stay in Venice

by TripAdvisor Member chris.travelbug

My son and I stayed 6 nights in this quaint little hotel and had a simple, spacious room and shower that had very recently been remodelled. Although it was 3 floors up by stairs from the reception it was very quiet and comfortable. I was glad there was no TV as it was really ideal to disconnect from all the "modern" world issues and just enjoy this city which seems frozen it time. The owners Roberto and Pietro and the other staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we LOVED the hidden restaurant Osteria NoNo a ten minute stroll away which was lively, full of locals, had great food, and very reasonable (get reservations or go at 7:00 pm to get a table). The hotel breakfast buffet was generous - you can get a cappacino if you ask - but was the same food each day. The location near Rialto Bridge was central and just steps out to the fish and fruit market. The entrance was not grand - down a little alley but the we felt safe and away from the crowds. We would definately stay there again. Loved Venice and this small hotel was perfect for this kind of holiday.

Beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member Speeza

Terrific location, right by the Rialto Bridge. More expensive than one would like to pay, but it is Venice afterall. Value for money is good. Shared bathroom is small but very well kept. Staff all speak English. Most customers are North American.

If you are staying in Venice for more than a few days, rent an apartment it is FAR cheaper. But if you only have a day or two in the city, this is a great central place to stay. (They'll let you keep your luggage there for the day after you checkout.)

Best Hotel Staff in Italy!

by TripAdvisor Member Mister_MK4

Me and my travelling group (five people total) had two rooms in the Guerratino (top floor of the Guerrato) for three nights in August of 2006.

The rooms were better than expected (large and clean), but by far the best thing about this hotel is the service. Roberto and crew were very helpful, taking the ladies' bags up four flights of stairs without us even asking. He also gave us great suggestions on sights and restaurants. Housekeeping was also very accomodating, allowing us to take breakfast to-go when we were in a rush.

Pricing was competitive with the other four hotels we stayed at while in Italy. We booked direct via e-mail, which worked flawlessly. Hotel management also reduced the rate because we were there in the off-season and we mentioned Rick Steves' book.

Comments