Piave Hotel Mestre - Venice

Hotel Piave
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 44% less but rated 28% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Generally not good enough for its money

Generally not good enough for its money 69-71euro/night.
    -there is wi-fi internet access, but it is 2 euro/1 hour

-mini refrigerator in the room was dirty

-you can hear what is goung on in the rooms around

-hair drier was not functioning properly and was not fixed for the time of my stay there (4 nigths)

-making reservation online 1 month in advice provide you with more expensive breakfast then on the place. I bave been charged 8 euro/day for breakfast, while on the reception it cost 7 euro/day.

-stuff is not helpful and tend to lies in order to save efforts.They claim that can not leave the reception unattended, but escort the new visitors to their rooms if they are outside the hotel, in separate building.

Unique Quality: My bad experience in details:
    Me and my common law partner had arrived on 21.09.2010 late in the evening and was situated in room 502.

On the next evening (22.09) she washed her hair and noticed that there is a problem with the hair drier – the hose was broken and air was leaking to a extent it was not useful to dry hair. I went to the receptionist – a lady who introduced to me as Camilla. I explained the problem and she promised to take care on the next morning. When there is a maintenance person available.

On next day (23.09) when returning to the hotel in the evening we noticed that the hair dryer in the room is not fixed.

On 24.04 I explained the problem to day time receptionist. He told me that maintenance person will take care of the problem same day. This is 2 days after my first notice about the problem to Camilla. In the evening we noticed that the hose was fixed, and my wife washed her hair – big mistake because now hair drier was not working at all. I could not believe and checked it myself – it was hot, there was a silent buzz… sound, but not blowing hot air. I went to the reception, where I met Camilla. I explained to her the whole situation, hoping there will be some compassion and professional reaction – nothing like that. She told me she can do nothing and perhaps we are too stupid to use hair dryer.

I asked her to check it personally, but she told me she cannot leave the reception.

There was no good from all my request for portable hair drier or to use hair drier in another room for even 5 minutes.

Then I asked to speak with hotel manager, person superior to her – she simply told me to write a complaint and send an e-mail and no compensation can be provided for our inconvenience.

Comments