4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Castello 5866, Venice, 30122, Italy
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Ruzzini Palace Hotel

Loved the Ruzzini Palace!

by TripAdvisor Member Miracledreamer

Hotel reception desk was friendly and efficient beyond the call of duty. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and special.

Hotel is lovely and is in a wonderful location. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

The only down side was that the hotel doesn't offer lunch or dinner, but there are wonderful restaurants all over Venice so the breakfast they offered sufficed.

Felt like Royalty at the Ruzzini Palace

by TripAdvisor Member firefly2920

We arrived at the Ruzzini Palace after a leisurely wander through the streets of Venice, and were immediately pleased with our choice of hotel.

We booked this as our honeymoon hotel and couldn't have been happier! The hotel is staffed by wonderfully helpful and friendly staff, and we were swiftly taken up to our suite which was stunning not to mention spacious.

A lovely added touch was the delicious bottle of Prosecco sent to our room by the hotel as a congratulations for being married!

The views from our room were stunning, overlooking the lovely square below. The square itself had a couple of little bars and a church with regular concerts.

We look forward to coming back to this hotel again, and would happily recommend it to all!!

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RachLeeMill

We have just returned from Venice after 4 days staying at the Ruzzini Palace Hotel. The location was superb only 5 minitues walk from the main sightseeing attractions yet in its own square which has not been taken over by the overpriced shops. Before leaving I nearly upgraded from the Standard Room, there really is no need ! The Standard is very large with everything included and a beautiful bathroom with "his and her" sinks.
The Hotel has only recently opened after 10 years of refurbishing and looking at the work gone into the restoration the 10 years wait was worth it. If you want to be extravagent you can catch your own Taxi Bus from the airport direct to the hotel door.
The breakfast was Continental and there was enough to choose from and was lovely and fresh. The staff, especially on Reception, were very helpful and very knowledgable. They were very down to earth but still very professional.
Overall I would recommend it and would go back again.

Beautiful hotel, fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member SamWiltshire_9

What a fantastic hotel. The staff were so professional and helpful. I got the impression that nothing would have been too much for them. We stayed in room 406 on the top floor which was probably one of the smallest in the hotel due to it being in the eaves but it was still a beautiful room. It was very contempary with a huge flat screen tv. We had to stand on the chair to see out of the window due to it being a dorma style but once we got did the view was incredible. The only thing i would have changed if i could of was the fact that we didnt have a stand up shower - instead we had a jacuzzi bath.
The continental breakfast was very good including egg and bacon along with all the usual trimmings. Proper strong Italian coffee.
The hotel was a 4 minute walk to the Rialto bridge and S. Marcs Square wasnt much longer. There was a fruit and fish market just past the Rialto bridge which was wonderful and well worth a visit.
We took a trip on a gondala which is normally about 80 euros but due to it being low season (Feb) we managed to pay 50 Euros. Very touristy but still a great experience.
All in all i would thoroughly recommend the Ruzzini Palace Hotel and i would definately return.

bellissimo

by TripAdvisor Member poppybognor

Just had 3 nights in the Ruzzini Palace for my husband's 50th.
We arrived by water taxi late in the evening and straight into the lobby. We were then upgraded to a junior suite with a bottle of champagne that I had emailed ahead for, to then find it would be complimentary... what more we could ask for. Views from the room were great looking over the square and watching venetian life. In fact Maria Formosa has got to be one of the nicest squares. Great staff in the breakfast room and on the front desk, truly polite and helpful. Plenty of umbrellas for when it rains, free internet in the lobby. Breakfast was TYPICAL continental, for those of you who dont know what to expect, Its not your bacon and eggs and its not your big american brunch. It was good with apricot croissants, rolls, ham and cheese, cakes, yoghurts, cereal, fruit and juices.All fresh. The coffee is strong which is TYPICAL italian not your nescafe.. believe you me I have had worse and this was good by european standards, If you wanted your egg and bacon you paid an extra and rightly so, its not what they have for breakfast. A Bar in the evening where they will knock up any drink you want and a bowl of crisps and nuts thrown in. Murano trip was good for 60 euros as it included a water taxi, first off a half hour trip down the Grand canal and along St Marks Sq before heading up thru the small canals and up to Murano, Ok this isnt much a quick demo and then looking at expensive glass, but no hassle, then a taxi back to the hotel,we asked to be dropped off by St Marks Square instead and no hassle there either.
Considering a taxi is 100 euro for 15 mins to the airport, and we had a tour down the canal and Murano for 60 euros, You really cant complain, better than taking a water bus any day..
All in all a great hotel and staff and thoroughly recommended.
That saying we found the venetians polite and friendly even the waiters were polite in the restaurants we choose. Considering they are all dealing with tourists 24/7.

Complete Luxury

by TripAdvisor Member soozie135

We stayed for 4 nights at the Ruzzini and were upgraded to a Deluxe room. It was beautiful and very comfortable. When we arrived we could not believe this was where we had booked, it was very special. We can only praise the hotel staff who were very attentive to our needs. We would thoroughly recommend staying at the Ruzzini, perfectly situated for all amenities and we would not hesitate on returning.

Phil and Sue Challoner of Poole, Dorset, England.

Super hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sim0np

We stayed for 3 nights in November 2008.
The whole experience was excellent and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.
It is conveniently situated midway between St. Mark's Square & the Rialto Bridge overlooking on one side an attractive square & on the other side a canal.
Rooms were super & staff & service generally could not be faulted.
Breakfast was reasonable - just the usual continental fare but was fine for us.

If you choose this hotel I am sure you will not regret your choice.

Lucky upgrade

by TripAdvisor Member joebloggs29

My now husband and I stayed at this hotel a few years ago. we had booked to stay at another hotel close to St Marks Square, when we arrived however, they told us our room was double booked and so we would have to be relocated to another hotel, this being the Ruzzini. Needless to say we were more than happy when we arrived to find it was a 4* hotel, the one we originally booked being 2* - 3*.

The Ruzzini is a beautiful hotel, in an excellent location. The rooms were beautifully decorated and of a good size. The facilities were wonderful, we even received a welcome drink.

We stayed for two nights and had a briliiant time. I am hoping to return to Venice for my 10 year wedding anniversary and will definately be staying at the Ruzzini

Luxury 4* Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mademoiselle20

Hotel is just perfect! We have reserved a Junior suite room for me and my mother and all I can say about the room - Perfect! The room was very big, comfortable, clean, stylish! I can suggest this hotel for the honeymoon or romantic getaway as well as for family vacation or nice weekend with friends. It is just 7 minutes from the St Marks Square.

Isa on the Ponte di RialtoIsa on the Ponte di Rialto

Lining up to visit the Basilica S. Marco.Lining up to visit the Basilica S. Marco.

Piazza st MarcoPiazza st Marco

gotico fiorito porticogotico fiorito portico

Land Taxi prices from port to santa lucia station

by Lefkasgirl

Hi, i am arriving in Venice on 22nd Dec by ferry (Minoan Lines). Can anyone please tell me the cost of a land taxi from the ferry port to santa lucia railway station. Will i be able to easily get a taxi from the port area? Thank you for any replies.

by effeti

You can't arrive to Santa Lucia station while a land taxi! I'ts on the channel, and you have to stop at Piazzale Roma (and there was a shuttle to there, hope someone can confirm). You have to cross a bridge and walk 3 minutes from there

The only way to arrive exactly at the station is a watertaxi or waterbus (but i cannot say how far the stop will be from where the Minoan will moore)

Ciao
Francesco

by Lefkasgirl

Hi Francesca, thank you for the information. I am confused, I asked someone the same question and they told me there was no water taxi from the port and that i had to take a land taxi! Can anyone please tell me, is there a water bus (water taxi too expensive?) from the port area to Piazza Roma, if so what number?. I believe i can walk across the new bridge from Piazza Roma to the station, is this correct. Thanks again for all the help.

by effeti

MAybe free shuttle or taxi to Piazzale Roma is the best option, if you don't have too much baggage.

Read here:
And check on the minoan site to see if the shuttle is still operating.
Ciao