Santa Croce 548, Venice, Veneto, 30125, Italy

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Up in the attic

Our room in this hotel was up in the attic under the roof. We could see our windows from where we had lunch, and from the the water bus and land bus circle area. It had a TV and twin beds. The key was very big.

The bathroom door almost made me duck when I went in. We opened the windows because the room was pretty hot, and then closed the shutters so that the birds on the roof wouldn't fly in.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

In the Attic

This hotel is one of the only ones in Venice that you can drive your car to, as it is right at the end of the bridge to the mainland on the Grand Canal. They also have an annex. There was a room where you could get breakfast in the morning but we didn't get a chance to try it because we had to leave at 5:30 a.m. before it was open.

They are building a new footbridge over the Grand Canal, and when they finish you will again be able to walk to the vaporetto stop for waterbus number one. We walked to two restaurants nearby

Unique Quality: Our room had a TV and twin beds which were made up as a double. The key was the old fashioned kind with a big wooden and metal piece on it that you turn in at the desk when you leave the hotel. The bathroom was quite interesting - the door was almost so low that my grandson had to duck to go in. The roof line meant that when I sat on the toilet, I had to be careful not to bump my head when I got up. It took me awhile to find the toilet paper, which was about an arms length over my head when I was sitting down. The windows had external shutters instead of curtains, and we opened the windows because the room was pretty hot, and then closed the shutters so that the birds on the roof wouldn't fly in. They had no internet except on their computer for a charge. The bill for one night came out on my credit card as $314.00 plus a $3.14 transaction fee.

• jsfin's Profile Photo

On the Grande Canal

We stayed a couple of nights and would recommend this hotel. FYI, they turn off the A/C in October and our room was still a little warm. Not sure when they turn the A/C back on. On each floor there is a nice foyer with entrances to all of the rooms. It's not like most American hotels with long hallways, etc. Our room was nice, but the bathroom was small and looked like it was right out of 1980.

Unique Quality: Nicely decorated interior. The hotel is situated right on the Grande Canal, has a (small) elevator, the staff was ok.

Directions: The hotel across the Grande Canal from the train station - we walked and carried our luggage over a dozen bridges. It is also close to the bus station so it's easy to get too and from the airport.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Very handy

Unique Quality: Actually, I cannot tell you much about this hotel because I never stayed in it, exept is is very well positioned. It is overlooking Canal Grande and just a foot from Piazzale Roma where bus station and vaporetto is situated. It might be very convinient to those who are travelling by car because two big garages are less then 100 meters far from the hotel.

More about Santa Chiara Hotel

Great familyroom in Santa Chiara Hotel,Venice

by TripAdvisor Member fritsche

Santa Chiara Hotel is a very nice hotel. Located at The Grande Canale it has a great view from the charming room, a beautiful lobby and very friendly staff.

Fantastic Venice

by TripAdvisor Member Garyt00

I have just returned from a short three day stay in Venice from 15 to 18 November 2007and stayed at the Santa Chiara hotel. The hotel was extremely easy to find as it is less that thirty steps from where you alight from the airport bus. We found the staff very helpful and friendly and keen to look after us. The room allocated had a canal view and was perfect for a couple on a flying visit. The room was very clean, comfortable, pleasant and decorated in the venetian style with silk wall coverings and furniture to match. The bathroom was well stocked with a fantastic shower and plenty of hot water that never ran out, even at peak times. The staff serviced it well every day. The mini bar was well stocked and unusually we found that the prices for the contents were very reasonable. Continental breakfast in the morning was extensive with lots of breads cheeses, ham, bolied eggs, fruit juices, cereals etc. It was keep well stocked and tea, coffee, hot chocolate was served by a very attentive waiter. I have stayed in many 3 star hotels throughout Europe and must admit that taking everything into account this was one of the best for the cost that I have stayed in. It was also in a fantastic position. I would have no hesitation to recommend it to anyone and already have.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member Jersey_Jeff

I stayed at the Santa Chiara Hotel on a recent trip to Italy with my wife. Overall, we were pleased with our experience at the Santa Chiara. The best thing about the hotel is it's location. Only a short 10 min walk from the train station, and has a very convient vaparetto dock just down the sidewalk. They are currently building a 4th bridge (to be made of glass) over the grand canel, which is basically right over the hotel. This may be great for accessing the other side of the canel in the future, but then again, its definately going to bring more noise from people traffic as well. The room was very clean, the bathroom had running hot water, and a blow dryer for wifey. The room was exceptional big for European standards. Breakfast was good, take advantage! I ate as much as possible at the breakfast to avoid all of the high costs of food in Venice. If your american and want a cup of coffee, do not order any Cafe Americano in anywhere in italy, because it sucks!! Just stick to the cappuccino and you can get a venti at starbucks once your back in the good ol USA. Anyways, the hotel was a good experience. Very helpful staff members. Location cant be beat anywhere in Venice. If you are thinking of staying in Lido for a cheapier option, its not worth it. Spend a few more bucks to stay right in the heart of the city. We booked on hotwire and got lucky with this hotel. Only drawback was that they have a computer w/ internet access in their lobby, but charge their customers for use. If I am paying alot of money to stay at your hotel, the computer better be free.

Recommendations on where to stay in Venice

by cazryan

Looking for somewhere central to stay next May. Would prefer a family run hotel than a chain. Thank you, Caz

by worldinabag

Hi

Our next door neighbours stayed at B&B Sandra - http://www.bbalessandra.com - and were very pleased with it. She has a couple of cats so if you have an animal allergy....It might also help if you state your budget (in euro), how many people and how long you plan to stay.

by domenicococozza

Yep, a lot depends on your budget. The Hotel Kette is a well run, small 4 star hotel, very cental, but a double room will cost about 180 euros per night.

by Nailatourist

alternatives for cheap accomodation is staying outside Venice in a nearby town like Padova. You can stay at a hotel (much cheaper than Venice) and go to and from Venice (just 20 minutes by train with trains running until midnight)

:-)

naila

by stanworld

Hi,

I just came back from Venice and stayed at Corte Gherardi B&B, in one word fabulous!
The location is great, central but not too touristy and they have only 3 rooms, which are all very nicely decorated, so very intimate.
The people who run this place are young and very friendly (and Teresa is half English, so no language problems there)

by cpiers47

I've stayed at Hotel Noemi twice and enjoyed it both times. It also runs 80-100euro a night and so is very reasonable seeing as it's a small hotel just off of Piazza San Marco.
Check out the website but perhaps don't trust the pictures completely! They embellish a bit. . .

by nyonnetti

I stayed at Casa Cosmo- a family run B&B that was in the perfect location- central and just minutes from St. Mark's square and the Rialto bridge. It has great reviews and seemed the most reasonably priced when I was searching.
Have fun!

www.casacosmo.com

by tratoria

I stayed at Arlechinno hotel, close to Santa Chiara hotel.

It is clean, nice and staff very friendly, Hotel is close to
main bus station.

I hope that you enjoy your trip, Venice is a beautiful city, at
least to stay 1 night.