The Charming House DD724

Dorsoduro 724, Venice, Veneto, 30123, Italy
Charming House DD724
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Venice

Parco delle Rimembranze in the Castello areaParco delle Rimembranze in the Castello area

Fish heads - Pesciaria -Rialto Fish MarketFish heads - Pesciaria -Rialto Fish Market

The Canals Of VeniceThe Canals Of Venice

Trash Guys Provide Scenic Beauty....Trash Guys Provide Scenic Beauty....

Affordable & Safe Hotels in Venice

by NeTonya

Hi All!

This is my very first posting here and I'm sooo excited. I've traveled to Venice before, doing the whole backpack/hostel thing, but now I'm headed there for work. I'm a photographer and have been hired to photograph a handful of clients during their vacations. I know a ton of hostels, but now I need a hotel that is safe for my photo gear, but at the same time, won't break the bank, and is pretty close to Piazza San Marco. My budget is $150/night and I'll be there from June 30th - July 4th. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

NeTonya

by zuriga

I really don't know the current cost of the Hotel Flora, but I enjoyed my stay there as it was very close to San Marco and the room, although small, was just fine.

by effeti

Take a look at this booking page:

prices for the whole of your stay.
Ciao
Francesco

by worldinabag

Hi

Haven't stayed here nor can I vouch for the security of your valuables but this hotel seems to have charm - http://www.hotelsansamuele.com. Try also the Hotel Benardi - http://www.hotelbernardi.com.

by Lacristina

I've stayed at and very much enjoyed Ca' Dogaressa, which is in Cannereggio, a quiet less-touristy part of Venice. Only 10 minutes easy walk from the train station. It's small but absolutely wonderful. You won't regret your stay there.

Although on June 30, a single is 150 euros, the following nights a single is only 85 euros, and thus would fit in your budget.

by Andrew_W_K

I've stopped in 2 central hotels in Venice, both were fine and both were picked up cheap via www.bookings.com and www.hotels.net The thing to do is find your bargain and then check it out on Virtual Tourist and Trip Advisor before booking.
I've just done a quick search and there are plenty. I can't comment on security though.

Travel Tips for Venice

Venice - the Grand Canal

by Martin_S.

The Grand Canal is the largest canal in Venice and effectively divides the city in two. There are several bridges which cross its wide span, but the main means of crossing is small private boat "taxis" and the public water buses.

Piazza San Marco

by Aggeliki

Piazza San Marco is surrounded by palaces connected by continuous porticoes, the Procuratie. Its dominating buildings are the exceptional Basilica di S. Marco (started in the IX century), recalling the form of Byzantine churches with façade mosaics and, standing on its own a little way off, the tall bell tower (96.8 m) from the 12th century. Towards the lagoon, there is the Palazzo Ducale (from the XIV century), the utmost expression of Venetian Gothic architecture.

Station Bridge...

by CandS

We walked over this one many times... ;)

The bridges in Venice are amazing...they are everywhere and each one has it's own character...

I really loved not having to look for cars while we were in Venice...what an amazing feeling... :)

Road Artists

by rich77

Expecially in Carnival's time (but not only), lot of places have people who represent a comedy or something similar. It's good that if you are satisfied at the end of the show to give them a little reward.

Travel Light

by fishandchips

As you can see in the photo, I opted for an ugly green suitcase. This may appear to be a bad call initially until you get to Changi, Rome or Heathrow and see squillions of black or dark blue suitcases. Mine was always easy to pick out and saved me quite a bit of time. I take only one pair of shoes so I make sure that they are multi purpose. In addition I have some sport-sandal which can come in handy. Being Venice I carry an umbrella as it can suddenly get very wet here. I also wear a hat around here as the heat can get to you if you are not used to it - keeping the sun off your face is a good choice. Anything you forget you can easily buy at a Parmacia (though language could be an issue). I like to have sample-size items so I can travel light. For me the smaller the better. Currently it is an Optio 5i and it took every photo in my 2005 trip. I am quite fond of my convertable pants which reduces the number of items I need to carry. I keep the zipped of legs in my day pack for quick reattachment - esp when visiting churches & the like. I like multi use items so I usually carry convertable pants so I have both longs & shorts in one unit.

Comments