Accademia

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 76% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• clouds111's Profile Photo

Perfect location

I stayed here for 3 nights on a city break to Verona and couldn't have wished for a more perfect spot to be based. It is right in the centre of Verona's Old Town and within easy walking distance from all the main sights - 5 minutes from the Arena, 5 minutes from Piaza Del Erbe, 10 minutes from Castlevecchio. If shopping is what you're there for than Via Scala (the name of the road) comes directly off the main shopping street where you'll find Gucci, Max Mara, Louis Vuitton etc etc

About 15-20 minutes drive from the airport, taxi's cost around €25. It's also around a 20 minutes walk from Porta Nuovo - Verona's train station if you're coming from Milan or Venice.

The room was clean, quite spacious, with a flat screen TV, mini bar and a walk in shower that will make your eyes water, if I wasn't there to see the city I would have stayed in that shower all day! Staff were really nice and helpful and there is access to free internet, although you need to speak to reception first for them to give you a password.

Breakfasts were nice and varied, scambled egg, cold meats, cheese, some yummy pastries, yoghurt and cereals.

We didn't eat in the restaurant but we did find a great place - Bottega which has a 75 page wine list, just behind the hotel. I personally don't have a clue about wine and prefer a nice rum and coke, but the food is lovely!

Great place for a weekend of sightseeing.

• Very good hotel near Piazza Ebra

The Accademia is only a vew minutes walk from Piazza Ebra in the old town. Our room was spacious, spotless and well fitted. The airconditioning worked extremely well and was one of the quietest I have come acrosss. The staff were very efficient and friendly.

The American bar is a bit dull, I think there are just too many good places to eat and drink nearby to tempt the residents to visit.

Breakfast was good, excellent choice and good service.

Highly recommended

Unique Quality: Location, location, location

Being in the centre of the old town is a great bonus.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Luxury type of accomodation

The four starts hotel Accademia is one of the best hotels in Verona. It is located in the very heart of the historic centre of the town, in one medieval palace.
    Besides the accomodation, hotel offers excellent restaurant which is one of the most popular and appreciated by the locals of Verona.

Unique Quality: The hotel has superior rooms, larger than standard rooms, and each of it have a living area.
    It is a very expensive accomodation:
    - single room from 108-159 euros
    - double room from 153-246 euros
    If you're traveling by car, garage is available, however, located about 700 meters from the hotel and not included in the price.

More about Accademia

Highly recommended, great hotel, fantastic location.

by TripAdvisor Member Kryfu

We stayed at the Accademia from 13th - 17th February 2006. The location was fantastic, just a short walk to all the main sights with plenty of restaurants around.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and our room was spotless. It was one of the best Italian hotels we've stayed in.

I would definately recommend the hotel to friends and would definately return to the Accademia if we stayed in Verona again.

(If you're flying into Brescia Airport via Ryanair the shuttle service from the airport to the centre of Verona was well organised and worked well both ways).

Absolutely lovely

I chose this hotel for our two night stay in Verona. Its own wesite looked fine. The actuality was a very pleasant surprise: excellent location very close to the main shopping area (pedestrianised), lovely subtle entrance off the street leading into a super reception and public areas. We had been upgraded to the top floor suite! The staff were very helpful and looked after us extremely well. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member LRMacKenzie

We stayed at this hotel for four nights in Mid-March 2006. I would recommend it very highly indeed. The employees were very efficient, the rooms were decorated pleasantly and were very clean. This is a first class, well run hotel in an excellent location.

Just great

by TripAdvisor Member susa

I chose this hotel based on the reviews here and I have to say it was a great choice. Nice, very spacious rooms, right in the middle of the old town, walking distance everywhere. Staff was extremely helpful.

A romantic hideaway..

Fabulous, central hotel in Verona, ideal for a minibreak. The staff are lovely; very helpful and friendly and the rooms and public areas are spotlessly clean. You get a nice pair of slippers in the room too (although no matching bathrobe, unfortunately). The breakfasts are fine - plenty of choice.

Although it is in the middle of the busy shopping streets of Verona, we found the hotel to be very quiet. The Arena and Piazza Erbe (with a great market) are a short stroll away, and there are some lovely restaurants close by too. The Giardino Giusti are definitely worth a visit and if you follow the paths to the top of the gardens, you get a great panoramic view of Verona.

I can highly recommend the Accademia.

Great location, standard room

Only stayed here for one night and chose the hotel based on the reviews on this site. Location was perfect as suggested but the room (256) although quite large was pretty un-inspiring. It felt like a business hotel and we didn't experience the 'really friendly staff' as per other reports, but it did the job. I would recommend staying for the central location and can't complain about anything, just don't expect an amazing atmosphere or a special room with a view.

Better Even Than Expected

by TripAdvisor Member BillBartsch

My wife and I visited Verona on a weekend break during our stay in Venice and had booked the Accademia based on TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed! The location in the historic center was as ideal as advertised and our room was even better than we had expected of such a top hotel. In fact, I can say that it was one of the most beautifully-appointed rooms I have ever stayed in during my years of globetrotting, and at a reasonable price for such a hotel. No wonder it has such a top billing in TripAdvisor reviews!

Comments