B&B Museo

B&B Museo
Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

More about Verona

The wallsThe walls

Sylvain climbing up to the archeological museumSylvain climbing up to the archeological museum

Adige River of Verona, the "Gateway to ItalyAdige River of Verona, the "Gateway to Italy

the stagethe stage

Casa Rossa (Verona, Italia) - recommended?

by EPGirl

I'm planning to go to Verona in August and I found this charming Bed & Breakfast online that seems so nice. (Casa Rossa )

The bad part is that I haven't found any reviews about the place.

Does anyone have any comments at all?

Thank you!!!

by leics

It does look very nice, assuming you have your own transport.

My comments are: not all b&b accommodation is listed on sites which allow reviews. Many, many UK b&bs do not have online reviews. This one is some distance from Verona itself, so is less likely to be used by those without their own transport (i.e. the majority of overseas visitors).

I would not be unduly worried about the lack of online reviews, personally.

by EPGirl

Thank you for replying.

Yes, we do have our own car plus they informed me that the Villa also
has a bus that comes and goes to the city every hour (in case that we don't want to drive).

Thanks again!!

by leics

I'm sure it will be as lovely as it looks. Enjoy! :-)

Travel Tips for Verona

Fiume Adige River

by meteorologist1

The Fiume Adige is a beautiful river in Verona. Flowing right through the town, the river is covered by several beautiful bridges in Verona. The scenery is just wonderful. And also Castelvecchio is located right by the river, adding to the perfect scene.

Verona Tip

by Pierangelo

Looking at my picture in my VT home page (is not a painting) one might say that I'm crazy, so clothed with an ancient dressing. Well, the reason of my interest towards fencing was born from the necessity to place correctly my medieval novel La Marca gioiosa - Editoria Universitaria. Also I have done a deep study about the buildings, usages and customs of the city of Verona and related region. In this way the novel (for who knows Italian language, ops) is a good guide about Verona: because for understand Italian cities is essential to know their own history. The book was published one year ago, now I have no more reason to continue doing fencing. But I can't stop it, my passion for fencing is too much: I realize I'm really crazy...

San Zeno Maggiore

by iandsmith

Definitely not my favourite thing but, for continuity's sake, I digress.
By the time I'd finished eyeing off my wall in the previous chapter and reached the church I was, as one is wont to say, dying to go to the toilet.
Alas, as the cold air penetrated my layers of clothing driving me to the ablution blocks, I was informed they didn't have any. The nearest were about two blocks away. I don't think the word "distressed" is too strong on this occasion to describe my predicament. It was with the utmost restraint that I spent my time in the church. In order to house the shrine of the patron saint of Verona, this mainly Romanesque-style church was constructed and is the most ornate of its ilk in northern Italy.
For 12 years from 1124 it was laboured on, though parts from previous buildings were used (earthquake 1117).
The alternating colours come from the use of tufa and bricks.
When the apse was rebuilt in 1386 an upturned ship's keel style ceiling was incorporated, adjacent to the bell tower that was commenced in 1045 though its current height (72m) wasn't attained until 1178.
The crypt contains the tomb of San Zeno who passed away in 380 AD after being appointed eighth bishop of Verona in 362 AD. The extraordinary thing is that he was African.
The rose window symbolizes the wheel of fortune, depicted on the rim are figures highlighting the rise and fall of human fortune.
Above the Western Doors is a multi-coloured bas relief showing San Zeno vanquishing the devil.
The cloisters, with rounded Romanesque arches on one side and pointed Gothic on the other, are also noteworthy.

Giardino Giusti

by croisbeauty

This garden belongs to the 16th century Palazzo Giusti. It is one of the finest late Renaissance gardens in the whole of Italy, and dates from 1580.
The garden is divided in two sections, the lower part being in the Italian style. The layout is spacious, with flower beds, a maze, statues, fountains and the cypress avenue winding up the small hill topped by the church of San Zeno in Monte, which was much admired by Goethe. There is a tower-shaped building with a winding staircase and a platform on top, from which one enjoyes a magnificient view over the city.

San Zeno

by croisbeauty

Main Chapel. The frescos of the triumphal arch and the apse have been attribuited to Martino da Verona (end of 14th c.) Wooden altair-piece "Maesta della Vergine" by Andrea Mantegna, a masterpiece of North Italian Renaissance painting.

Comments