Hotel Comfort Porta Palio

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Great accommodation

The rooms here are very nice and fairly large. I had a room to myself (single) but it had a double bed - very comfortable. There was a wardrobe, desk, TV, mini-fridge (water in it - but that is it) and a very large bathroom. Also there was a large window to let plenty of light and air in (the rooms were air-conditioned anyway though).

There is also a bar and restaurant connected to the hotel - but my tip for that is in my 'Restaurant Tips'. There is also a fitness room, sauna and a room for business meetings. I also saw advertisements in the elevator for facials and body massages!

The breakfast here is excellent! Probably the best I had on my trip this year. They had a large spread of food - meats, cheese, rolls, croissants (some with an apricot filling - they were delicious), different kinds of cereals, yogurts, water, juice, coffee and tea. It was a really good breakfast (breakfast is included when you pay for your room).

If you are going to the opera in August, the hotel arranges for a free bus to take people staying at the hotel into the city and back. They have the internet downstairs - but honestly it is cheaper if you go to an internet cafe in the city - check out my 'General Tips' for a good internet cafe.

The staff here were friendly and helpful - even gave us tips on which opera to go to (as we had never seen an opera before). You can book rooms through the website.

Prices
    Single: EUR 65 - EUR 106
    Double: EUR 85 - EUR 146
    Triple: EUR 112 - EUR 192

Directions: The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk west of the city centre.

More about Hotel Comfort Porta Palio

Delicious food!

by Marpessa about Ristorante Lido

This restaurant and bar adjoins the Hotel Porta Palio. The service here was very good and the food was of a high standard. The restaurant was nice, it wasn’t overcrowded by tables and it had a relaxed atmosphere. The only thing is that it is not in the city centre and there is nothing much else (nightlife-wise) in the direct vicinity of the restaurant. After all the pizza I had been eating lately, I wanted to go for something completely different. So I ordered the salmon, which was mouth-wateringly delicious. It was that good!

For desert I just had some neapolitan ice-cream. And after that, since my friends and I were having such a good time, we just sat there, relaxed and had a few drinks. My friends were drinking wine and I had a few glasses of Bailey’s.

For more information see the website below, although it seems to only be in Italian.

Comments