Rue de l'Etau, (formerly Radisson SAS), St. Helier, JE2 3WF, United Kingdom

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey

1st Class Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member thelaird37

just returned from a 4 day break to Jersey.what a great hotel the radisson is.great Location and the views of the new marina and elizabeth castle are amazing.the staff were very helpful. i cant believe some of the comments on here about the service..some of these little englanders will never be happy with any sort of service.what do you want next tea cosy`s for your tea pots !!! some of the comments waiting 40 mins for a table are a load of "bull" you only had to wait a few moments until your table was made ready.but some people will just complain about anything.. i would recommend this hotel to anyone...we travelled with condor ferries and the hotel is only 500 yards away.good location to the town centre.the tourism office and bus station is only 5 mins walk away near the Pomme d`or hotel.

Zero Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member claudio10

We found our stay at the Radisson SAS Waterfront very unsatisfactory.Our first room was full of a horrible smell of rotten seaweed coming through the air conditioning from work on the beachfront.
We readily gave up our sea view to avoid this.
Our second room had a dirty towel but we were now free of the seaweed stench.
On the second evening out television packed up and we changed rooms again.
On our third day this television also packed up but we managed without it.
We enjoy an afternoon rest when on holiday but every day we had to leave our room after 3.30 pm for the staff to service the room.
Unless you are down very early breakfast menu items finish and are not replaced.
We were extremely disappointed with our stay and wrote to the manager but only received a reply after 3 weeks and a subsequent telephone call to him.Then came a slow reply offering a valueless free overnight stay at some off peak times they have any vacancy.A totally meaningless offer not resembling their 100% satisfaction guarantee as we were on a 3 night stay.
Our opinion of the Radisson SAS Waterfont Hotel Jersey is that it is one to miss!

A Wonderful time.....

by TripAdvisor Member OnTheCase

From the moment we walked through the door to the reception we were met by friendly efficient staff who processed our booking quickly. I had requested a sea view room but had been told that to ensure this we would have to upgrade to business class, so we left it to chance.

How pleased we were when we looked out of the window to a beautiful view of Elizabeth Castle and the Marina. The rooms were spacious clean and very comfortable. The beds were huge and like getting into nest. The bathroom was lovely and clean, plenty of nice toiletries and a powerful hot shower, no shortage of hot water either that you do get in some hotels.

The only downfall of the room is the lack of storage space, no drawers and very limited wardrobe space. If you went for a week I don't know where you would put all of your clothes, we struggled between leaving items in the suitcase and hanging some up. At least there is an iron and ironing board. The mini-bar is extortionate a small bottle of wine (similar to the ones you are given on a plane) £6, a minature whiskey, gin etc. £5...need I go on.

Breakfast is fantastic, plenty of choice. I read that I lot of people complain about not getting a table, we didn't have this problem. All I can say is that during our stay a lot of people did come down for breakfast at the last minute and did have to wait. What do you expect, come to breakfast at a reasonsble time like we did and half of the restaurant was empty.

The bar was relaxing with a wonderful view over the marina. Nice, friendly staff who got to know what you were drinking and served you quickly. Again a bit pricey as was the bar food. A beef sandwich and fries was about £10.50. Just watching a football match my other half managed to clock up a £30 bar bill!

The weather we had was awful but the hotel made all the difference, it was relaxing and friendly and a nice lounge to sit in and have a few drinks.

Would we go back.....yes tomorrow. But looking at the prices not too sure, a bit pricey when you can go to the Pomme 'dor for less money.

What a location - shame about the view!

by TripAdvisor Member shatteredofsussex

We booked this hotel in September for a special occassion so booked a 1 bedroom suite. However the hotel placed us on the second floor and all we could see when sitting down was the sky, rooms above had full picture length windows but not ours! The hotels reception staff were unhelpful and failed to see our problems. We were shown another room with the same problem - this is a real design fault and I think Radisson need to get their pricing right as all rooms are the same price and it is the luck of the draw - hardly fair! The receptionist did tell us it was because it was a last minute break - 6 mths previous booking did not seem like last minute to us!!! They also messed up our return transfer- however did refund us the money. The hotel is as other reviews state very clinical and lacks atmoshphere but it is very clean and spacious. The room was large and the bed comfortable, large towels and good toiletries but lacked odd things like a biscuit to have with your tea in the morning and the mars bar at £1.50 seemed over priced! However the breakfast was amazing and once you had got over being squased into your table you could not find fault in the food - coffee was not good though! - service was also unpredictable.
The location of the hotel is stunning and could not be faulted, but I suspect they will trade on this.
We did try and comment to Radisson but it took several trips to reception - to no avail and three emails before being given an unsatisfactory answer. I am not sure I would recommend the hotel if it wasn't for the location, if you want a hotel in the centre of jersey, don't mind about the room, atmosphere and the service this is a good deal.

Great stay at the Radisson

by TripAdvisor Member ClematisWestSussex

Stayed at the Radisson for a girls 4 night break in May. We booked via Channel Islands travel service who assured us that the Radisson had triple rooms and the invoice received from them confirmed this. Unfortunately it was incorrect but on arrival the reception staff dealt with the problem in a calm efficient manner and we were given 2 interconnecting rooms instead at no additional cost. The hotel is very new and was spotlessly clean. The rooms were large with comfortable beds, a good selection of toiletries in the bathrooms and we enjoyed a view over the bay. Do try to get a room overlooking either the marina or the bay as the alternative is a view overlooking the car park and the building works which are going on in the marina area. Breakfast was excellent and we found no need for anything other than a very small snack for lunch. There was a huge selection and a selection of papers to be found. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Our only complaint was that we took some time to find the hotel as there is no signage at the moment. You drive past the new Cineworld complex and take a left turn towards the hotel. We had turned around at that point as it seemed it was just a road to new apartments being built. Finding a good restaurant is no problem
in Jersey. We enjoyed an excellent meal at The Boathouse in St Aubins which you will see mentioned in the brochures and only a short drive away. Also treated ourselves to an excellent meal at Chateaux Chaire in Rosel about a 20 minute drive away. If you are looking for something a bit more ordinary, the Pizza Express in Brelade Bay has a panoramic view but do get a window seat.

Typical Radisson but with great views

by TripAdvisor Member oatcake247

Stay here quite frequently through work. I would agree with some of the previous review's about the design of the hotel.

However food is good, service good, location excellent, free parking and a world class sea view from (most) rooms. I think the previous comment " I havent got a sea view from my bed" is a tad picky.

New Hotel, great location but still experiencing teething problems!

by TripAdvisor Member garye

We spent 4 nights at the hotel over the UK end of May Bank Holiday.

The hotel has only been open since November 2007, and by all accounts is still trying to find its feet.

All the staff are very pleasant and helpful, although most of them come from Poland, and have very little idea about Jersey, or location of the attractions.

The Bedroom were excellent with either marina, sea view, or town view. We had sea view, the room was spacious, with HD flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities and an excellent bathroom.

We used the restaurant only for Breakfast, and the food was very good, although they need to be more proactive in refilling the fruit, bread, cereals etc. However this did not cause us any problems. My concern would be that could the restaurant cope in the height of the season, as I do not believe that they were full over the time we stayed there and it felt that they were operating under pressure.

On reflection I am surprised that Radisson do not appear to have as many senior managers (well at least visible to the general public) brought in from other hotels to oversee the new hotel, or that they have not recruited any local staff, with local knowledge to work on the front desk.

Overall it was an enjoyable experience, and you could see as each day past they were gradually getting their act together.

Go there, you wont be dissapointed.

by TripAdvisor Member Happyholidays57

My husband and I, both in our late 40's stayed here in late April for 4 nights. We had a wonderful room on 4th floor overlooking Marina and Elisabeth Castle. The bed and bathroom were lovely, and the rooms are spacious. We had no trouble getting a table at breakfast, and went at various times. The hotel was full, and they opened up another eating area, passed the serving area, so walk on through the dining room and you will find more tables. The breakfast was wonderful and self service. The variety was great, with hotfood, cold meats, fruit, cerials etc etc.We didn't eat in the evening, but preferred country pubs etc. We hired a car and went all around the Island. The beaches are beautiful, and a lot of the attractions are based on the history of Jersey, and the German occupation, which we found very interesting. The roads are narrow but good, and the roadsigns are very good. St Helier can get very congested, but out of the main areas driving is very easy, and the speed limit is 40mph.
We will certainly go back, and wouldn't hesitate in reccomending the Raddison. Clean, bright, and friendly. the Leisure facilities are very good, and you can walk along the promenade for about 4 miles to St Aubin. The area around the hotel is still being developed. there is a Cinema, Swimming complex and eateries a few minutes away. Go there, you wont be dissapointed.

Good business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MJGKentUk

I have stayed here now three times while working on the island. Good business support but free WiFi in the bedrooms and reception is an added bonus. Especially the reception staff have always been helpful and any small problems have been sorted very quickly & without a fuss. I agree with some reviews the restaurant is on the pricey side but this is a top quality hotel. We had bar meals several times and the cost was reasonable. There was live music on two Friday evening's and I think this may have been a trial idea as it did appear to drive people away. It worked for us and we walked a short distance and ate somewhere else. Car parking, always a problem in St Helier is good at the hotel but bedroom views are the big selling point. I had a standard room and was told they couldn't say 100% I would get a marina or sea view. When I said I would stay somewhere else if I didn't get a view it was forth coming! Working at the desk in my room with the view certainly helped my work! I have stayed in many hotels in Jersey and this is the best-at the moment for my needs and I will return again.

My expectations were surpassed

by TripAdvisor Member lc27

Just wanted to say that my expectations of this brand new hotel were surpassed. The rooms were excellent, the view of the marina and bay are fantastic from the floor to ceiling windows but most importantly, the service was impeccable.

Exploring Elizabeth Castle, St HelierExploring Elizabeth Castle, St Helier