3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 73% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• uksilversurfer's Profile Photo

Dedicated to Albert Einstein

Despite no plausable connection with the late great Mr Einstein The Albert Hotel is a shrine to the great man with Einstein Euphanisms everywhere. The staff were friendly and helpful with at least one on the desk at reception able to speak fluent english. The restaraunt on the ground floor serves up well prepared food and presented as if you were in a much more expensive establishment with a three course meal for two with a glass of wine each about 30 latvian lats.

Unique Quality: The Trip up to the 11th Floor Bar is well worth a visit for the view and in the summer there is an outside viewing area.

Directions: An easy 15 minute walk to the Old City of Riga with all it's attractions via safe streets and Parks

• kit_mc's Profile Photo

Excellent 'comfort' class

I was originally going to go for something a bit cheaper but decided to treat myself so rather than end up taking a tram from the other side of town to see the sights, went for this relatively new hotel in the Art Deco district of Riga not far from the Old Town.

By British standards it's more of a business hotel, but it's very well priced, making it attractive if you want a few days of comfort as a tourist.

The hotel stands as one of Riga's tallest at about 11 floors and the Sky Lounge bar at the top will give you excellent views of the city, with Old Town to the south west in the distance. I'd read staff could be a bit frosty, but I found them perfectly nice and very helpful. If you arrive early or are leaving late then there is no problem with leaving your baggage in their storage area at no extra cost.

Rooms are standard, tv, very comfy double bed with good pillows (I have a thing about poor hotel pillows..). Both the bathroom and bedroom are on the smaller side, but I was out seeing the sights and so should you, so much so that it barely bothered me. One downside was no kettle, not because I'm from the UK and must drink tea the whole time, but it really helps when you've a cold/flu for those Lemon drinks...

Unique Quality: The whole building has an Einstein theme, hence the name. Atoms grace the window to the shower, the carpets, even the room numbers plus his quotes grace the lifts.

The Sky Lounge can get very busy towards weekends, but even for a hotel bar in its class, cocktails at about 3.50 lats seem very reasonable - for a Londoner at least. Air con could get a bit cold though.

Breakfast was adequate, something for everyone and included in the price, though the bacon and sausage was more on the Germanic than British side for my tastes. I stuck mainly to the cold breakfast buffet which is more Baltic.

Some very good deals are about with this place so I'd recommend it as somewhere I would stay again. It's a good 15 to 20 minutes from the old town by foot, depending on your pace but the whole of my time here I didn't catch a bus or taxi to get around. I now have legs muscles of steel.

Directions: In the Art Deco district to the north east of Old Town. Number 22a bus from the airport leaves you at the Orthodox Cathedral about 10 minutes away.

• mcblacktiger's Profile Photo

Excellent moderatly priced hotel in downtown Riga

Hotel opened in december 2005 and has a modern but very comfortable styling based on an Albert Einstein theme. We stayed in a "family" room that was very large and comfortable.

The staff was excellent, helpful, and spoke English very well, which can sometimes be a problem in Eastern Europe.

It has a main floor Restaurant "Bestsellers" and a top floor lounge. The restaurant is very good and has an excellent buffet style breakfast that is included in the cost of the room.

The only drawback that I found is that while it is a very plesant walk for adults to Old Town from the Albert, I think it would be a little far for children under 10 but too old for baby strollers.

They have an excellent website that also shows you the current weather, sunrise/sunset times, exchange rates and useful links.

We enjoyed our stay there very much and would definatly recomend it and stay there again.

Directions: A couple of blocks north and east of the esplanade and old town. Next to Alberta Iela(street) which is one of the best streets for seeing Riga's art neuveau architechture.

More about Albert Hotel

Only one reason to belive this is a 3* hotel...

...and that is the price!

Albert Hotel, Riga offers the 2 most importent facilities a city hotel should provide, but not at all always does:
- Good & quiet location
- Modern & clean rooms

I paid approx. $100 a night for a room with two single beds, and this was actually the cheepest hotel I could find among 3* hotels.

In addition to this the hotel also could give us:
- Great breakfast
- Fancy bar/lounge on 11th floor with terrasse

I stayed for a week and have no worries by recommending this hotel to everyone.

The best choice for often visits

I stayed in Albert hotel again in June and finally I decided to write review about it. This was third time for me to be there and to say the truth - the best choice for often visits. I experienced also some small issues in the begining, but now the more often I go the better it gets. Ofcourse, there is still problem with parking - not owned by hotel ,but only 5-10min walk from the hotel. But location is excellent - silent, business district, not far from the old town. And also atmosphere in the hotel. Before I had been trying other hotels, but now I stopped here. For sure, I suggest to business people visiting Riga rather often.

some problems with reception

by TripAdvisor Member carlocorti

Hotel is really new and original with orange as "live motive"!!
I spent a lot of time for the check in, even if they already had all my details.
Room is nice but small with free internet connecion (wifi or lan), bathroom is good but a bit poor of forniture.
Bar on the top floor is wonderful especially if you have the possibility to stay outside during a sunny day!
Food in the restaurant was good.
It is located 10 minutes walk from the city centre.
I also had some problems with check out...
If you decide to stay in this hotel, have a look to their special offer on their website: they are really attractive!

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RoWitney

stayed for 5 nights 21-26 June found the staff friendly and helpfull the food was great nice bar on 10th floor with balcony, only one small problem the aircon did not work in our room was moved straight away with no issues. do not understand some of the reviews found this one of the best hotels I have stayed in. maybe people should treat others the way they like to be treated

The excellent Albert

I read all of the reviews on your site before booking this hotel, and felt that it was an excellent choice. Staff were pleasant and helpful at all times. Rooms clean and comfortable, with excellent en suite. Each night we were there the restaurant was closed due to private parties, which guests should probably be informed about. This was not a problem as the Cazy Frog, just around the corner, was much cheaper with an extensive menu and very friendly staff. Bar prices a little high, but on a par with most hotels. Breakfast was superb, extensive choice and constantly re-filled so that food was fresh. Good location, a stroll through the park to the Old Town. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel for visitors to Riga.
Linda

Einstein a Go-Go!

by TripAdvisor Member Arianrhod_Cymru

I stayed at the Hotel Albert from 10-14 July, and would not hesitate to do so again. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy, the staff helpful, the room clean and air-conditioned (the weather outside was stifling, so this was important), and the breakfast plentiful (and available between 6:30 - 11:00 a.m.). More importantly, as a female travelling on her own, I felt the atmosphere of the hotel (and indeed its location) was very safe and non-threatening.

I was impressed with the hotel's quiet location, as I've stayed in other hotels in Riga and been disturbed by outside noise every time. The hotel itself was also very quiet - I could hear occasional noises in the corridor, but that was all; other hotels in Riga have very thin walls and you can hear everything - from the TV to the taps in adjoining bathrooms - but this was not a concern at the Hotel Albert.

For me, the Hotel Albert is in a perfect location - it's located in the heart of the Art Nouveau district, and a 1-minute walk from Elizabetes street, which is full of Jugendstil buildings; the parks and Art Academy are a 5-minute walk away, Old Riga a comfortable 20-minute walk. Plenty of taxis are always in the rank outside the hotel, and the tram stop is 5 minutes' walk. A handy 'corner-shop' style convenience store is located around the corner, on Antonijas iela (street).

I would definitely book accommodation at the Hotel Albert when visiting Riga again.

Comments