Best Eastern Victorija Hotel Riga

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

Tags

Budget Travel Backpacking Trains
See Amenities

'The worst experience of my life!!!!!

by written on April 17, 2011

'The worst experience of my life!!!!!'The worst experience of my life!!!!! the 7th April 2011 i was staying in this hotel and I was having a shower in my private toilette, the door of room was locked , in the maintime someone got inside my room and stole my laptop.

As soon as i realized my laptop had been stolen i went downstairs and I asked to the receptionist to have a look of the video as into the hotel there is a CCVT camera system but she answered me " camera in your floor is broken" so I immediately asked to call the police and I did a report. I guess the investigation will be hard as the hotel never check who get in and get out, moreover they couldnt watch any video because CCVT camera was broken...Moreover keys of hotel are "primitives"....

I also asked for a refund to the hotel manager but answering in such a rude way she decided to deny any refund saying camera was broken "only for 2 hours!"
BE CAREFULL IT IS A DANGEROUS PLACE!!

bsfreeloader's Profile Photo

Low Budget Alternative

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 9, 2007

This place is a bit of a hike from Old Town and can be quite noisy, but the rooms are clean and the price is right if you are looking for a low budget alternative to sharing a dorm in a hostel.

Jagermeister's Profile Photo

Great value for the money

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 9, 2005

We had a nice twin room for two nights in November 2005. The room had a television with about 20 channels (most in Russian), bathroom with shower, telephone, etc. Breakfast was included in the price of about 40 Lats per night .

Hotel Viktorija is a three star hotel located on A. Caka iela about a ten minute walk from Vecriga, the train station, bus station, etc. Reception is cozy enough but the halls are quite dark. There are plenty of food and drink options within a few blocks. There was no internet that I was able to locate in the building, however there was a decent internet cafe one street over on K. Barona iela. Wonderful English is spoken by the desk staff.

I would have no problem recommending Hotel Viktorija to a first time traveler to Riga.

fred_38's Profile Photo

Riga's Victoria Hotel, a place to avoid

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 14, 2005

The hotel Victoria in Riga Latvia is a disgrace. The staff are not that friendly,on the website it says the hotel has been renovated, I would hate to have stayed there before it was renovated. The doors don't shut properly, the hotel is bably lit, and they kept turning the lights out in the corridors, and the lifts only give you about two seconds to get in before they shut. On the last 2 days the place was nearly
empty, so they served stale bread. The hotel was clean, but there was no toilet bowl cleaner in the lavatory, and the beds were not properly made each day, just sort of arranged. For what we paid we got very litle. If you go to Cyprus for a lot less you can stay at a 3 star hotel and get a lot more.
But the hotel aside we had a lovely time in spite of the weather being hot.
Living in Israel one want's to escape from the heat.
Riga is full of beautiful parks, as the picture I have posted proves.

Sininen's Profile Photo

NICE AND MODEST

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 10, 2005

With the price I expected maybe more but anyway I had a nice stay there and the staff turned out to be really nice and helpful.

Unique Quality: My room was spacious, clean with a spotless bathroom and a big closet in the hallway. Breakfast is included in the price, which makes the price more favourable.

Directions: 15 minute walk from the railway station

HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Viktorija Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 26, 2002

I stayed 3 days in the Viktorija Hotel. Prices vary from 30 Lats (Single) to 40 Lats (Doubles) for ensuite rooms. When I was there they still had a few rooms with shared bath in an unrenovated part of the hotel available. Prices for these rooms were only 12 Lats. Breakfast was included in the price.
Currency Rate: 1 Lat = 1,77 EUR (2002).

Unique Quality: The hotel occupies an old Art Nouveau building which was built in 1910. It is partial renovated.

Directions: The hotel is located about 1 km north east of the station on one of the major shopping streets.

Nearby Best Eastern Victorija Hotel Riga

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Room Service
  • Business Services

Riga Travel Forum

Need advice about Riga, Latvia? Visit the Travel Forum for Riga and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Riga hotel reviews