Elizabetes Nams

Elizabetes 27, Riga, 1010, Latvia

Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

Satisfaction Average

• Safe, Conveniently Located, Reasonably Priced

This hotel has gone by several names, one of which is Elizabetes Nams. When I stayed in May 2009, it was called "Elizabete Hotel (Elizabetes Street)", at 27 Elizabetes Street. It's important you pay attention to the address because there is also Elizabete Hostel and there is Reval Elizabete Hotel. You have three facilities with almost identical names.
    "My" Elizabetes hotel (the only thing I know about the Reval is that it is more expensive and the hostel is a hostel) cost 45 Euros per night for a single room and at the time, that was the most reasonable price I found that is conveniently located, in a safe location (I am 60 years old), and is neat and clean.

The employees of the hotel are just wonderful and very helpful. The breakfast was lovely. You have a private bathroom and a nice TV with good English channels, not that I spent much time watching TV!.

As a woman traveling alone, safety and cleanliness are paramount and I heartily recommend this hotel. It took me about 15-20 minutes to walk to the old town and I'm not a particularly fast walker. In addition, there are several bus lines within 2-3 blocks if you are going other than the old town.

Unique Quality: Please see above. I cannot recommend this hotel any more highly than I have. I stayed for 5 nights in May 2009 and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I guess I should add that this is NOT the place for you to stay if you want concierage, bellman, gift shop, etc. However, if you want a great location with reasonable rates, cleanliness and safety--this is YOUR place.

I booked through baltichotelsonline.com. There is no booking charge and the cancellation policy is liberal. I believe you get a full refund if you cancel within 48 hours of your expected arrival, but check on that.

I ate at the "Flying Frog" restaurant just one block away. It was a fun atmosphere with good food and reasonably priced. I would've eaten there more than once but I had other plans.

Directions: Art Nouveau area which is lovely and safe. Not IN the Old Town but very easy access.

Comments