Konventa Seta

See Amenities
toddecus's Profile Photo

The suite was ideal for a family of 3-4

by written on October 10, 2014

The Konventa Seta offered great service in the heart of old down town Riga and I appreciated the friendly service and easy access to sites nearby. The staff was quick to help me with a number of issues, and the rooms were clean and pleasant. I grabbed a suite because I really wanted a King bed, but found it was a two story out building with my own external exit. The bedroom was upstairs and there was a small second bedroom. Could have housed multiple people. Even had two bathrooms. Way more than I needed. I had little success connecting to the wifi because I was in the out building and the wifi in general was slow compared to what I am used to at home in the U.S. but it was serviceable in the lobby and up in the rooms of the main building.
All in all great mid-tier experience and I would stay again.

Directions: In the heart of old town Riga

johngayton's Profile Photo

Pretty Much Perfect!

by written on October 1, 2014

I booked Konventa Seta on the recommendation of our good friend, the Latvian lovely, Rita who had organised our pre-Euromeet 2014 visit to her home city. I used www.booking.com and found that I could get a double room with breakfast cheaper than I could get a single. The location, central for the Old City looked ideal, as too was the price.

When I came to review it for booking.com I give it a resounding 10/10 all round.

The location is indeed as central as it gets, fronting onto one of the main thoroughfares and with its back entrance leading directly onto the St Peter's Church square. Check-in was efficient and friendly and whilst some people found the hotel to be a bit of a maze I was fortunate to have room #1 which was literally just down the corridor from reception.

The building itself, obviously a former convent, is characterful, dating back to 1226 and some of the original stonework has been excavated in the basement.

My room was surprisingly spacious and modernly furnished and decorated without being OTT. It had everything expected from a mid-market European city centre hotel including a decent work desk (had I required it) and spot-on WiFi.

Breakfasts were well worth getting up for, with a comprehensive hot and cold buffet and good coffee and being able to use the courtyard with a post-meal coffee was a definite plus for us smokers.

Throughout my stay the staff were always cheerful and helpful and so the 10/10 recommendation continues here.

Directions: On the main drag that runs through the middle of the Old City with its rear entrance facing St Peter's Church.

toonsarah's Profile Photo

Historic base in the old town

by written on June 11, 2014

This hotel is as the name suggests located in an old convent and is right in the heart of the old town. I had a fair sized double room (#121) on the first floor, overlooking a side street. There was some noise during the day but it was quiet at night.

The decor was simple and I had all I needed for my stay - decent shower in the bathroom, decent-sized towels, hair dryer, TV (never watched), and a comfortable bed. My only small complaint might be that the light in the bathroom was poor - no natural light and the bulbs were weak and not well directed.

Breakfast is included in the room rate and is served in the restaurant opposite, buffet style. It includes some tasty bread (black and white), a good selection of cold items (cheese, salads, meat, jam), a few hot dishes (though the eggs I took on the first morning were barely warm), juices, coffee and tea. There is seating inside in a series of cosy rooms, and outside on the terrace. The buffet though is laid out along the corridor which on busy morning made for traffic jams of people trying to serve themselves to items while others squeezed past with cups of hot coffee - a bit dodgy at times!

There is a bar on the ground floor of the main building - I didn't buy anything there but it appeared to be well-stocked and provided a useful venue for our meeting registration. Staff were generally helpful and pleasant and I would certainly recommend the hotel based on my own experiences - but do ask for a quiet room away from the front of the building.

Next tip: the Ratslaukums

Directions: See map on the hotel website. The hotel will provide taxi transfers from the airport on request

LoriPori's Profile Photo

GREAT LOCATION

by written on June 9, 2014

Friday, May 23 to Thursday May 29, 2014
Sunday June 1 to Tuesday, June 3, 2014
When looking for a hotel to stay at while visiting Riga, we wanted a hotel with a convenient location, reasonable price, a lift and breakfast included. We found what we were looking for at the KONVENTA SETA. Also, many of our VT Friends were staying here also.
We stayed six nights, then we went to Tallinn and then returned to the Konventa Seta for two more nights before we came home. We left our big luggage in the "luggage" room so that we didn't have to bring them on the bus to Tallinn.
As I mentioned, we were looking for convenient location. This hotel is minutes walk to the main square and a few minutes walk to Town Square where we usually met for VT outings.
And the price was excellent as we paid 304 Euros for the first six nights, averaging about 50 Euros a night. The second stay was a little more as we paid 122 Euros for two nights, averaging 61 Euros a night,
Our room was very nice, with two twin beds, table, little fridge, which I requested, TV, free WiFi, and shower with soap provided.
Breakfast was included and we just had to go next store to the Ambiente.
Guest parking can be arranged and it costs 15 Euros per day.
Overall a good experience, especially at morning breakfast joining up with fellow VT friends.

wjonesw's Profile Photo

A great place to stay

by written on February 24, 2008

This hotel was all we wanted and more. Great location, friendly staff and excellent communication via email when booking direct with the hotel.

Directions: Just off the square in the old town.

BlueLlama's Profile Photo

Unique accomodation

by written on May 11, 2007

One of my favourite hotels, Konventa Seta is a historic complex of old buildings and has great character. The various buildings housing the rooms are combined with shops, artist's studios and small courtyards.

The hotel is right in the centre of Riga but once you enter the complex everything is calm and tranquil. We also enjoyed the bar - very decent cocktails.

For the price I really can't fault it, thought its history and position gives it an edge over others in its class and will certainly return. Hence 5 stars.

Directions: Very handy for great restaurants and bars in the old town - and these are a real highlight of the city.

Zirpsis's Profile Photo

Old Town charm

by written on August 12, 2006

We stayed here in a non-smoking room for three nights. It was a pleasant experience for the hotel is rather new even though it's been built in a medieval convent founded 1226. The thick walls and old windows were reminders of this. The simple rooms quite appropriate for the setting. For, after all, you only need a place to sleep and keep your things. The hotel consists of many small buildings with a very pictoresque inner yard. Nice breakfast rooms and friendly service.

Unique Quality: Great location right in the middle of the old town. But if you are travelling by car, this is also a problem, for driving in old town is heavily restricted. Then, you'd better choose a hotel outside of old town.

Ken-out-of-Bath's Profile Photo

A Labyrinth of a Hotel

by written on August 4, 2006

The Konventa Seta, or Convent Court, used to be where the Nuns used to live as it is close to the large Church.

Once you walk through reception you enter an open courtyard that has rooms in a few different buildings.

The rooms are all different shapes and sizes and all the more wonderful because of it.

Unique Quality: A great hotel in a wonderful part of the old town.

Blondiina's Profile Photo

Right in the middle

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 20, 2005

We had a pleasant stay in this 3 star hotel. It is really conveniently located in the middle of old town, everything is within walking distance. You can't stay in a better location.

Our room was quite large and we got a non-smoking room we asked for. (They only have a few.) The room was clean, nothing fancy, but pleasant. Only minus was that there was some noice from the street, but that didn't bother much.

The young staff in the reception could have been a bit more friendly.

Breakfast was good and everything from cerials to scrambled eggs and pastries was on offer.

We wanted to keep our room till 3 o'clock, but it would have costed 15 Ls, which we thought was too much. They do have a secure luggage room, though.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel to others and would stay there again myself. It lives up to its 3 stars.

mustardgirl's Profile Photo

Sleep in Old Town

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 6, 2004

It’s a perfect place to explore the old Riga - everything is close by.
I like that it hasn’t gone overboard with trying to be very 'fashionable' nor very 'old'. It is simple clean and nice and the view to courtyard was lovely.
Like that the breakfast is served until 10.30 - gives you time to sleep in on your holiday.

Unique Quality: The hotel complex consists of 9 medieval buildings - its like a small city in a bigger city.

Not good for people travelling by car.

BIDBOROUGH's Profile Photo

Converted Convent in Old Riga

by written on October 30, 2004

Great "middle of the range" place to stay. The rooms are spacious, clean and basically furnished. The price you pay will also include breakfast. I certainly enjoyed my five nights there!

Nearby Konventa Seta

• Bar / Lounge
  • Business Services
  • Pets Allowed

Riga Travel Forum

Need advice about Riga, Latvia? Visit the Travel Forum for Riga and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Riga hotel reviews