Riga Hotels

Our Members Say

• gordonilla profile photo gordonilla
  • Reviews: 1801

St Peter's Boutique Hotel: An old city location

I had decided on a winter break to Riga, and shortly before Christmas I made my way to Latvia. I also tied in a short visit to our local office, but it was a holiday.

I booked what looked like a different hotel, the word "boutique" was interesting. It was a wonderful place to stay and I opted for a better class room and found it was worth the extra money.

In the city centre and very friendly staff. It was a great stay and the experience was excellent.

• Written December 4, 2014

Exterior

• Inguuna profile photo Inguuna
  • Reviews: 285

Riga City Camping: Camping in Riga city

It's difficult to write about hotels/camping place in a place you live but this is something I wanted to say. Here in Riga we don't have camping on every corner or every fifth corner like for example in Germany. So this camping is almost in the city centre. It is located on Kipsala island, 15 minutes to walk by foot to Old City. No other comments about camping as I have no need to stay there.

More about Kipsala, read here.
How to get from Old city to Kipsala, read here.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Road Trip, Eco-Tourism, Budget Travel
  • Written June 1, 2014

Stroll around Kipsala island

• VirtualVittorio profile photo VirtualVittorio
  • Reviews: 17

Radisson: Radisson Blu Hotels in Riga

There are four Radisson Blu hotels in Riga, and they differ a lot from each other. Without price consideration, I would say Ridzene and Elizabete win out, and Daugava and Latvija come in second. The prices for each hotel vary by the time of booking, irregularly. But usually Elizabete is most expensive, and Daugava is least expensive.
Pros: Ridzene is the quietest and smallest of the four, Elizabete is the newest, Daugava offers the best vista (only from river view rooms), and Latvija has a very central location, also offering rooms with great views, if you ask.
Cons: None for Ridzene (now my favorite), Elizabete is a little overpriced, Daugava has comparatively remote location and Latvia is overpriced and has staff who are nonchalant.
Breakfast quality is about the same for all four hotels, and the choices are wider in Daugava and Latvija. Each hotel features a restaurant on site, Ridzene and Elizabete have very good restaurants (Piramida and C.U.T.).

• Written November 3, 2013

• VirtualVittorio profile photo VirtualVittorio
  • Reviews: 17

Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel: One of the Best Radissons in Riga

I have stayed at three Radisson Blu hotels in Riga: Ridzene, Elizabete, and Daugava.
My opinion for Elizabete hotel is the same as for Ridzene – very good.
If Ridzene hotel has cool-de-sac like location and resembles a mansion, then the bigger Elizabete hotel is located right in the middle of a city block across from a park, one block from the Latvian Government building.
Elizabete hotel is the newest among the Radisson Blu hotels in Riga.
Breakfast and sauna are included in the standard room price. Free wi-fi is available on the hotel grounds.
Breakfast is very good (same as at every Radisson Blu hotel in Riga), with a large variety of food and drinks to choose from. The only problem, in my opinion, is that the boiled eggs are not marked as hard-boiled or soft-boiled (but the eggs themselves are delicious).
My room was cleaned very well every day (don't forget to tip the chambermaid, as you would in other countries, as their salary is very low in Riga).
The hotel's restaurant has an airy ambience, decent food, and service, but the dinner menu is rather short. The unique feature of Elizabete hotel is its internal yard (patio) with restaurant tables (see photo).
It was very quiet in my room at nights, in spite of the fact that the hotel is located on a city street with some traffic, because my window faced the patio.
As for the two other Radisson Blu hotels in Riga, Daugava and Latvia: Daugava has a beautiful river view, but needs renovation. Latvia resembles a crowded marketplace, but the upper floors have a beautiful vista of the city.
N.B. There are two Elizabete hotels in Riga, so don’t confuse the Radisson Blu Elizabete with the other Elizabete hotel, which is not in the Rasisson Blu chain.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written October 21, 2012

Patio at Night

• fachd profile photo fachd
  • Reviews: 662

Radisson Blu Hotel Elizabetes str 55: Four Star Hotel

We stayed in Radisson Blu Hotel for two nights. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. The size of the room wern't big. It has all the mod cons like mini bars and coffee/tea makers, LCD TVs with satellite TV channels provide entertainment, free Wi-Fi. The hotel bar lounge is nice but it was busy when we were there. In the hotel you can dine at the Esplanade Restaurant. I like the buffet breakfast and the service is efficient and in general the staffs were helpful. The hotel location is very close to the old/new town about ten minutes walk and five minutes to the Monument of Freedom. Anyway I thought the hotel was a good for a four star.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Music, Photography
  • Written September 24, 2012

• Flying.Scotsman profile photo Flying.Scotsman
  • Reviews: 257

Centra Hotel: Good hotel, great location

This centrally located hotel is good value. We enjoyed a comfortable stay and would recommend it. The room was huge, bright, and nicely decorated with spectacular views of the town. Although reasonably soundproofed, the sound of drunken singing on Friday and Saturday nights did wake us once or twice. The breakfast was adequate but not exciting, and the lift was tiny. The decor in the hallways was dark and a bit depressing, but the hotel was clean and well looked after. All in all a good hotel with friendly, helpful staff.

• Written April 26, 2011

Our hotel room

• antistar profile photo antistar
  • Reviews: 3172

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Centra: Hotel Centra

The Hotel Centra is perfectly located in the old town, just on the edge, within easy walking distance of the bus station. There are a number of excellent restaurants nearby. It has big, clean, modern, comfortable rooms, and mine had a nice view out over the street and the St. John's church opposite. There's a large, flat screen TV and free wifi internet for the evenings. The staff were also extremely helpful, lending me all kinds of items, and allowing me to stay an extra hour on the day of leaving.

The only downside is the noise from the street below. The windows are well insulated soundwise, and there's heating in the winter and aircon for the summer, so you don't have to open the windows. But even with the windows closed, the sound of screaming, drunken tourists will wake you up in the night.

Nice view of St. John's church.

• Written March 7, 2010

Hotel Centra, Riga

• microsensazione profile photo microsensazione
  • Reviews: 68

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

City Style by Violeta Podlesnaya: Staying apartment as Riga citizen!

I feel myself deeper in a city context staying there in apartment.
So, on 2008 year (my first time in Riga) I searched some apartment renters on web and finally I chose Riga Style Agency by Violeta and Eugenia sisters.

On August 2009, my second time in Riga, I contacted them again because I found their aparments good, located well and with a very attracting quality price ratio. It is impossible to find hotels with the same quality for the same price; think about...

Take a look on following links...

The first time I took a small but very nice mansard-roof apartment.
The second time a 106 squared meters apartment with two bathrooms, four double beds, kitchen, living room! We were only three people: gettin' lost with all that space! We paid a total of 210 euros for two nights (35 euro/people for one night stay).

• Related to: Singles, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written August 22, 2009
Tip Photo

My first apartment in Riga!

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5140

Barons City Central Hostel

I chose Barons Hostel because I had read that it was a small and quiet hostel, not a party hostel. And that was true. The hostel is not situated in the Old Town but about 10 minutes walk from there. And it is not too far from the train station, about 600 metres. Barons Hostel is situated on the 5th floor (there is no elevator) so it is away from the noise in the street.

I stayed in a 6-bed dorm and paid 30 Ls for three nights. When I looked at their website yesterday I saw the price in the end of January is much less. The room had three bunk beds, some of them had a bedside lamp for reading so I chose one of those beds. We were never more than four in the room and everyone was quiet. You will get linen and a towel, and under the beds are lockers for your bags , but you will need a padlock for it.

There is a kitchen where you can have free coffee and tea and a communal room with a large-screen TV and a computer. Internet and HIFI is free.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 23, 2009

The room where I stayed

• Gili_S profile photo Gili_S
  • Reviews: 4690

Hostel

We where looking find a small nice place in the old city, surprisingly, there are not too many places and in the high season of the summer many were full, so we took this cheap hostel, it was ok if all what you need is to sleep.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written December 25, 2007

• tini58de profile photo tini58de
  • Reviews: 2509

The Klosterhof apartment in the center of Riga

It breaks my heart to write about this apartment - because it won't be available any more! I think we were last guests to be able to stay there! It will now be rented to longtime tenants.

Just a little nostalgic resumée: it was a fantastic apartment in the very center of the old city, situated in a small courtyard near Livu laukums. Some of the walls dated back to the 16th century, but the electrical devices and everything sure were modern. Some antique furniture and a fireplace added to the coziness of the place!

The "landlady" of the apartment, Katrin Hahn, is the most helpful person you can imagine! She helped me organize the special city tour for my husband's 50th birthday, she sent me at least a dozen email prior to our arrival answering my innumerable questions. She even SMSed me while in Riga to tell us where there to find fleamarkets - and she left a birthday surprise in the apartment! That was so sweet of her!

She speaks German, English and Latvian and will still let one apartment, the Blumenmarkt apartment - so if you like the idea of renting that apartment, I am sure you will enjoy it!

• Written October 1, 2007
Tip Photo

• ealgisi profile photo ealgisi
  • Reviews: 993

Hotel: Albert

Moderately priced hotel with modern design in the heart of Riga's commercial centre, offering 246 modern and cozy rooms. Large restaurant with 130 seats and Star Lounge Bar with terrace on the upper floor.

Kind and always available to help you pleople are working in this place, i really appreciated the atmosphere.

Totally based on the famous Albert Einstein.
Some great citations about him everywhere and in the lobby 3 different clocks showing the different way time can pass.

• Written July 4, 2007

• exitnotebook profile photo exitnotebook
  • Reviews: 22

Central Hostel: Convenient Hostel

Staying at the Central Hostel is like having your own flat in one of Riga’s best residential neighbourhoods. Only a short walk from the train station and the Origo supermarket, the hostel is almost brand new, has a spacious, well-furnished common room, stocked kitchen with a free breakfast, free internet and excellent, helpful staff that can, among filling you in on the best places to eat, study and party in the area, can tell you how to ride the trains in Italy without paying.

Excellent location, stocked kitchen, breakfast was included.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad, Trains
  • Written April 16, 2007

• Vincedem profile photo Vincedem
  • Reviews: 103

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Balthotel: If you want something cheap and clean and central

I stayed there for 2 nights and everything was good... friendly and helpfull staff, nice and very big rooms and a GREAT location! Of course its not a luxury hotel, but for a lowbudget traveller its a good idea.

One negative; bad isolation, so it could happen that you hear some noise from the room next to you... ;)

Very good location, just in front of the central station and close to everything8

• Written April 21, 2006
Tip Photo

• chocca profile photo chocca
  • Reviews: 5

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Excellent place to stay

5 nights in Old town Riga in an ideal location in the old town district which is a short walk from the main Riga Market area. (Plenty of boots on sale here). Also there is no need to get taxis as there is plenty to see in the Old Town district and it is all within walking distance.

They have a traffic control system here where it looks like only cars with passes are allowed into the old town area which meant that you could walk around without fear of being run over etc.

The bar which is very cheap is also a good place to get information on where is good to go or even to tag along to a night club with fellow tourists They also have happy hours where the drinks are even cheaper and they put some kind of entertainment on eg. guitar playes etc.

www.rigaoldtownhostel.lv

Unbelievably cigarettes are only 50p to 75p a pack

Not normally a user of hostels as I like my privacy too much but this place was great and we got a nice deal on a private double room which was basically an apartment with bathroom toilet/washroom and kitchen, complete with all facilities e.g fridge, cooker, washing machine tv etc

The apartment is actually in another building from the main hostel just a few doors down the road and it has two bedrooms (both lockable) While we where there the other room was empty except for the very last night.

Place was really warm and even though it was snowing outside we found we had our window open quite a lot.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Budget Travel, Backpacking