Riga Hotels

Our Members Say

• tini58de profile photo tini58de
  • Reviews: 2509

The Klosterhof apartment in the center of Riga

It breaks my heart to write about this apartment - because it won't be available any more! I think we were last guests to be able to stay there! It will now be rented to longtime tenants.

Just a little nostalgic resumée: it was a fantastic apartment in the very center of the old city, situated in a small courtyard near Livu laukums. Some of the walls dated back to the 16th century, but the electrical devices and everything sure were modern. Some antique furniture and a fireplace added to the coziness of the place!

The "landlady" of the apartment, Katrin Hahn, is the most helpful person you can imagine! She helped me organize the special city tour for my husband's 50th birthday, she sent me at least a dozen email prior to our arrival answering my innumerable questions. She even SMSed me while in Riga to tell us where there to find fleamarkets - and she left a birthday surprise in the apartment! That was so sweet of her!

She speaks German, English and Latvian and will still let one apartment, the Blumenmarkt apartment - so if you like the idea of renting that apartment, I am sure you will enjoy it!

• Written October 1, 2007

• Carletto76 profile photo Carletto76
  • Reviews: 408

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Old Town Hostel: Good, cheap and central hostel!

I had read good reviews about this Australian owned and managed hostel right in the centre of Old Rīga. And after I spent there 2 nights I can suggest it to everyone, since it's a nice place, in a great spot of the town, clean, cheap and there is nothing I can complain about.
You can get in/out at any hour and you are deep in the heart of Old Rīga. Bathrooms are clean and in common (maybe not too many), while there is also 1 computer with internet connection... so prepare to wait a bit, but you can use it for free! ;-)
There's a nice living room where you can meet other travellers, usually nice people! ;-)

- Free Internet computer use
- Guests Kitchen
- Free Internet wireless access in the hostel
- No curfew
- Free Riga guide
- 24 hr Reception
- Late check out
- Parking for guests cars and buses
- Public phone
- Cafes and Bars outside
- Coffee and Beer inside
- Credit Card friendly
- Common Room next to the beer fridge
- Linen & bedding provided free of charge
- No additional taxes
- Luggage storage
- Friendly service to make you feel at home.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written December 25, 2004

The hostel

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Barons City Central Hostel

I chose Barons Hostel because I had read that it was a small and quiet hostel, not a party hostel. And that was true. The hostel is not situated in the Old Town but about 10 minutes walk from there. And it is not too far from the train station, about 600 metres. Barons Hostel is situated on the 5th floor (there is no elevator) so it is away from the noise in the street.

I stayed in a 6-bed dorm and paid 30 Ls for three nights. When I looked at their website yesterday I saw the price in the end of January is much less. The room had three bunk beds, some of them had a bedside lamp for reading so I chose one of those beds. We were never more than four in the room and everyone was quiet. You will get linen and a towel, and under the beds are lockers for your bags , but you will need a padlock for it.

There is a kitchen where you can have free coffee and tea and a communal room with a large-screen TV and a computer. Internet and HIFI is free.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 23, 2009

The room where I stayed

• Vincedem profile photo Vincedem
  • Reviews: 103

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Balthotel: If you want something cheap and clean and central

I stayed there for 2 nights and everything was good... friendly and helpfull staff, nice and very big rooms and a GREAT location! Of course its not a luxury hotel, but for a lowbudget traveller its a good idea.

One negative; bad isolation, so it could happen that you hear some noise from the room next to you... ;)

Very good location, just in front of the central station and close to everything8

• Written April 21, 2006

• Sioma profile photo Sioma
  • Reviews: 290

Hotel Victorija

A good low budget hotel,situated in a nice art noveau building, not far from the station and the old town (about 1km)
The hotel is simple, cheap enaugh, and well located.
When i was there, a part of it was renovated (and the rooms were a bit more expensive than the unrenovated ones)
We had a renovated double without bathroom (it was in common on the floor); the room was clean and comfortable, and also the bathroom was clean as well.
We paid about 30EU/day for the room.
I think if i'll go back in Riga i'll come here again.

email: reservation@hotel-viktorija.lv

under the hotel there's the Staburags restaurant...try it! :-)

• Written March 14, 2004

• Gili_S profile photo Gili_S
  • Reviews: 4605

Hostel

We where looking find a small nice place in the old city, surprisingly, there are not too many places and in the high season of the summer many were full, so we took this cheap hostel, it was ok if all what you need is to sleep.

• Written December 25, 2007
Tip Photo

• antistar profile photo antistar
  • Reviews: 2792

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Centra: Hotel Centra

The Hotel Centra is perfectly located in the old town, just on the edge, within easy walking distance of the bus station. There are a number of excellent restaurants nearby. It has big, clean, modern, comfortable rooms, and mine had a nice view out over the street and the St. John's church opposite. There's a large, flat screen TV and free wifi internet for the evenings. The staff were also extremely helpful, lending me all kinds of items, and allowing me to stay an extra hour on the day of leaving.

The only downside is the noise from the street below. The windows are well insulated soundwise, and there's heating in the winter and aircon for the summer, so you don't have to open the windows. But even with the windows closed, the sound of screaming, drunken tourists will wake you up in the night.

Nice view of St. John's church.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written March 7, 2010

Hotel Centra, Riga

• exitnotebook profile photo exitnotebook
  • Reviews: 22

Central Hostel: Convenient Hostel

Staying at the Central Hostel is like having your own flat in one of Riga’s best residential neighbourhoods. Only a short walk from the train station and the Origo supermarket, the hostel is almost brand new, has a spacious, well-furnished common room, stocked kitchen with a free breakfast, free internet and excellent, helpful staff that can, among filling you in on the best places to eat, study and party in the area, can tell you how to ride the trains in Italy without paying.

Excellent location, stocked kitchen, breakfast was included.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad, Trains
  • Written April 16, 2007
Tip Photo

• chocca profile photo chocca
  • Reviews: 5

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Excellent place to stay

5 nights in Old town Riga in an ideal location in the old town district which is a short walk from the main Riga Market area. (Plenty of boots on sale here). Also there is no need to get taxis as there is plenty to see in the Old Town district and it is all within walking distance.

They have a traffic control system here where it looks like only cars with passes are allowed into the old town area which meant that you could walk around without fear of being run over etc.

The bar which is very cheap is also a good place to get information on where is good to go or even to tag along to a night club with fellow tourists They also have happy hours where the drinks are even cheaper and they put some kind of entertainment on eg. guitar playes etc.

www.rigaoldtownhostel.lv

Unbelievably cigarettes are only 50p to 75p a pack

Not normally a user of hostels as I like my privacy too much but this place was great and we got a nice deal on a private double room which was basically an apartment with bathroom toilet/washroom and kitchen, complete with all facilities e.g fridge, cooker, washing machine tv etc

The apartment is actually in another building from the main hostel just a few doors down the road and it has two bedrooms (both lockable) While we where there the other room was empty except for the very last night.

Place was really warm and even though it was snowing outside we found we had our window open quite a lot.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written February 8, 2006

Riga Oldtown Hostel & Backpackers Pub

• ealgisi profile photo ealgisi
  • Reviews: 993

Hotel: Albert

Moderately priced hotel with modern design in the heart of Riga's commercial centre, offering 246 modern and cozy rooms. Large restaurant with 130 seats and Star Lounge Bar with terrace on the upper floor.

Kind and always available to help you pleople are working in this place, i really appreciated the atmosphere.

Totally based on the famous Albert Einstein.
Some great citations about him everywhere and in the lobby 3 different clocks showing the different way time can pass.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written July 4, 2007

• jbaayen profile photo jbaayen
  • Reviews: 8

Hostel RPRA: Cheap and clean hostel

Small, cheap and clean hostel in a typical concrete soviet flat. I did not see anyhting like a common room, or a kitchen - just rooms. The rooms itself are really nice though, big, light, own (soviet-style) bathroom and shower, clean bed linen, etc. I paid about 7 EUR per night for a double room all for myself.. but that was in March, I would guess it is more expensive in summer. Really nice and friendly elderly lady running the hostel.

When you get in for the first time the door guard (or whatever that dude is doing) will probably ask (or shout) you what you are doing there.. in Russian, and not let you go until you've mentioned the word 'hostel' a couple of times. Well, at least the hostel seems safe ;)

You get a pretty good view of downtown Riga from the rooms, which are at the 9th floor.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 31, 2003

• microsensazione profile photo microsensazione
  • Reviews: 68

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

City Style by Violeta Podlesnaya: Staying apartment as Riga citizen!

I feel myself deeper in a city context staying there in apartment.
So, on 2008 year (my first time in Riga) I searched some apartment renters on web and finally I chose Riga Style Agency by Violeta and Eugenia sisters.

On August 2009, my second time in Riga, I contacted them again because I found their aparments good, located well and with a very attracting quality price ratio. It is impossible to find hotels with the same quality for the same price; think about...

Take a look on following links...

The first time I took a small but very nice mansard-roof apartment.
The second time a 106 squared meters apartment with two bathrooms, four double beds, kitchen, living room! We were only three people: gettin' lost with all that space! We paid a total of 210 euros for two nights (35 euro/people for one night stay).

• Related to: Singles, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written August 22, 2009
Tip Photo

My first apartment in Riga!

• fachd profile photo fachd
  • Reviews: 662

Radisson Blu Hotel Elizabetes str 55: Four Star Hotel

We stayed in Radisson Blu Hotel for two nights. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. The size of the room wern't big. It has all the mod cons like mini bars and coffee/tea makers, LCD TVs with satellite TV channels provide entertainment, free Wi-Fi. The hotel bar lounge is nice but it was busy when we were there. In the hotel you can dine at the Esplanade Restaurant. I like the buffet breakfast and the service is efficient and in general the staffs were helpful. The hotel location is very close to the old/new town about ten minutes walk and five minutes to the Monument of Freedom. Anyway I thought the hotel was a good for a four star.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Music, Photography
  • Written September 24, 2012

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1004

Hostel Amber: Hostel

I stayed here for a night, and I found a hostel well managed by young kind people.
According to my latvian frind, the location is not very good because many gypsies live around. Personally I had no problems.
From the central station, we only have 7 stops (Reznas iela) by treoley Nº15 (direction Visku iela); or 9 stops (Lubânas iela) from bus station towards Tirdzniecîbas centrs Dole.
Bus and train stations are located almost in the same plcace!

Internet service is free, and about 8 computers are availables.
Free transportation wasn't available when I arrived at the bus station, but it was sunday.

• Written August 14, 2005

• Flying.Scotsman profile photo Flying.Scotsman
  • Reviews: 249

Centra Hotel: Good hotel, great location

This centrally located hotel is good value. We enjoyed a comfortable stay and would recommend it. The room was huge, bright, and nicely decorated with spectacular views of the town. Although reasonably soundproofed, the sound of drunken singing on Friday and Saturday nights did wake us once or twice. The breakfast was adequate but not exciting, and the lift was tiny. The decor in the hallways was dark and a bit depressing, but the hotel was clean and well looked after. All in all a good hotel with friendly, helpful staff.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average