Red Roofs Hotel

Red Roofs Hotel
HostelBookers.com AMOMA.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

• WanderingFinn's Profile Photo

Cosy place with reasonable price at SUPER location

I was booking very late as my whole trip was almost an ex tempore trip. As they did not have free single room for me for whole my stay; they booked me first to a dorm of six persons. Once I arrived in hotel, I faced a nice surprise: the staff told me they were able to organise a free private room anyway for me meanwhile, but that I should change rooms after the first night. They told me I would get it (the first night) for the price of the bed in dorm! Very friendly. They just told me they wanted to give it to me at that price "because we did the change without asking you".

I enjoyed the location very much; I saved a lot of time, money and my feet as I could always walk everywhere and during day come back to rest any time and I did not need to use taxi or public transportation inside town.

The feeling and athmosphere was nice and cosy as the place was small and not any big "sterile" chain hotel. One evening I happened to get free serenades - almost under my windown on a narrow cobbled street there was an Italian restaurant, and a few Italian musicians performed in fron of it to the public. I enjoyed wine in my room, sitting by the window, watching and listening!

Unique Quality: The great location! Located in a great easily reachable place in the heart of the old town Riga. Next to the Galeriga Centrs shopping center, walking distance to all old town sights and restaurants; also walking distance to main train station and bus station. Additionally, Air Baltic minibus service vans (from airport) take you very near.

The great staff! Perhaps among the most helpful and friendly staff I ever met. They really take all initiative to make your stay nicest possible and to help you in whatever they can. They organised me from somewhere a special old type of mobile charger as my own was broken, and told me suggestions and advices on local things, sights and restaurants.

• Great Location and affordable

Stayed there 5 nights during our holiday trip to Riga. First 3 nights we spent in a large, 2 room (a bedroom and a guest room) apartment suite for just 60eur/night, I guess it's offseason price but anyway, it was larger than my flat:) + a fantastic view to Old Riga. The other 2 nights it was not awailable so we moved to a much smaller and also cheaper double room. Both were exceptionally clean and with all you need, including TV and wi-fi, bathroom, etc.
    There are also two very nice italian places downstairs Trattoria del Popolo and Olive Oil Trading which is open till 2am and has a cosy cigar basement and I got a 10% discount as a hotel guest there, but ask the receptionist for a coupon!

Unique Quality: location, location and location!
    staff