Elizabetes 55, Riga, LV-1010, Latvia

See Amenities
caines's Profile Photo

Great top service hotel with 5 stars

by written on July 16, 2015

Reception is very nice and polite, you will get good service and in-room service 24h for no extra cost (extra towel, soap, equipment). Standard room and Executive / business rooms are both fine. Business is very good, (aprox 24 m2) and set up as a small suite with seperate living room. I love the good restaurant in 1. floor, the huge casino with 24h opening hours in the bottom floor, and even the sky bar at 27th floor. Nice and smooth hotel with all service you need. In addition, remember to try ESPA RIGA. One of EUROPAS best SPA (google ESPA RIGA).

I have stayed at good hotels around the world and Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija does not disappoint me. Stayed here for 4 times (5 days each).

So much has changed...

by written on October 21, 2013

We came here last time when the Hotel was still called Reval and we had a dreadful room in the tower that looked like a russian try on Ikea and the staff couldnt have cared less if I we were happy with that or not. But now, what a change. First of all the rooms have all been refurbished apparently and even if they are still rather small at least you get the feeling of being in a four star hotel. Even the staff seems to be much happier. We didnt recognise many from back in 2008 but at least one of the porters that always had a sour face (older gentleman) was really friendly and welcoming this time. The views and the location are still great and the breakfast is very nice too. All in all a very nice experience and so different to the last time!!

OK

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 19, 2013

Great location!
Very good breakfast.
Indifferent front desk staff.
Photo: The olives in the Gastronome deli store at the hotel

Jewel in Riga

by written on June 8, 2010

Everything about this hotel was amazing with the exception of the staff. There was a review I read on this hotel which summed it up and it is also how I feel. I would stay here again were it not for the unfriendly staff especially the people working at the SklyLine lounge bar-very, very rude and snobby!!. I'm not sure if it is cultural or if they just don't care for tourists.

In any event, the Sky Line bar on the 26th floor was incredible with great views of the city. The hotel is central and walking distance to a lot of tourist sites, including Old town. Gorgeous city! It was very clean, the food was fresh, the rooms were always clean. Plus it is in a great, safe location.

Unique Quality: The food, hotel room, pool, and views were wonderful! Like I said, this hotel is worth the price.

gugi66's Profile Photo

by written on September 25, 2008

I didn´d actually stay here, I just went to the panorama café on the 27th floor, great wiew.

But the hotel seems wery good, atleast the staff were very polight.

Directions: North of the Freedom Statue. By the Esplanade park.

LaurenK's Profile Photo

Great Location

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 11, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Reval Hotel Latvija at the end of February 2008. The location of the hotel couldn't have been better,just at the edge of the Old Town and on the corner of Elizabetes iela and Brivibas iela. Our room had a lovely view of the Russian Orthodox cathedral and Esplanade Park. You can pay extra for a room with an old town view but we didn't but still had a lovely view from our 5th floor room. The buffet breakfast was excellent, a huge choice of hot and cold food to suit local and other tastes. The room was perfect and should suit any travellers needs perfectly, it was very clean and comfortable with a good sized and equipped bathroom. The 26th floor Skyline bar was a great place to drink cocktails and look at a great view of Riga, the Lobby bar and Casino were also nice. I didn't visit the Voodoo nightclub but it looked pretty popular on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately I have one very big complaint about this hotel that would turn me off ever staying there again and thats the staff. Its such a shame because everything else about this hotel is great and 5 star quality but the staff are so rude, unfriendly and bad at their jobs that it brings the hotel right down. Both my boyfriend and I made an effort with the Latvian language, we were nice and grateful to staff at all times but they could not have been more rude, the list of issues that I have is endless and some that we tool up with the hotel directly such as items been taken from our minibar (presumably by the chambermaid), being told we were late for breakfast when it was 35mins before it finished, being refused an itemised bill for our extra expenses. The list of issues is endless and I won't continue to moan on about them here. At times it seemed that they were going out of their way to be unwelcoming The bottom line is - stay here if you want a good location, comfortable room and nice breakfast but dont expect good service from any of the staff including the staff at the Skyline bar. We enjoyed our stay in Riga but that was because we were determined to have a good time and would not let some rude unwelcoming people put us off our holiday. I'm giving an overall rating of "somewhat unsatisfied", were it not for the staff I would be giving a rating of "a great experience".

Unique Quality: Location and 26th floor cocktail bar.

LaurenK's Profile Photo

Perfectly Located Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 4, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Reval Hotel Latvija at the end of February 2008. The location of the hotel couldn't have been better,just at the edge of the Old Town and on Elizabetes iela. Our room had a lovely view of the Russian Orthodox cathedral and Esplanade Park. The buffet breakfast was excellent, a huge choice of food to suit local and other tastes. The room was small but suited our needs perfectly, it was very clean and comfortable with a good bathroom. The Skyline bar was a great place to drink cocktails and look at a great view of Riga, the Lobby bar and Casino were also nice. I didn't visit the Voodoo nightclub but it looked pretty popular on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately I have one very big complaint about this hotel that would turn me off ever staying there again and thats the staff. Its such a shame because everything else about this hotel is great and 5 star quality but the staff are so rude, unfriendly and bad at their jobs that it brings the hotel right down. Both my boyfriend and I made an effort with the Latvian language, we were nice and grateful to staff at all times but they could not have been more rude, the list of issues that I have is endless and some that I should take up with the hotel directly so I won't moan on about them here. At times it seemed that they were going out of their way to be unwelcoming The bottom line is - stay here if you want a good location, comfortable room and nice breakfast but dont expect good service from any of the staff including the staff at the Skyline bar. We enjoyed our stay here but that was because we were determined to have a good time and would not let some rude unwelcoming people put us off our holiday. I'm giving an overall rating of "satisified", were it not for the staff I would be giving a rating of "a great experience".

Unique Quality: Great views from bedrooms and Skyline bar on 26th floor. Good choice of TV stations and good buffet breakfast

Directions: Great location at the edge of the Old Town. Its a noce walk to the Old Town also as you will go by the Freedom Monument or through Esplanade Park.

OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Great Views...Close to Old Town

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 1, 2007

I stayed at the Reval for a week and the accomodations were very nice. The health club was small but the equipment was new and well kept. The sauna was outstanding. Because our conference was at the hotel, we were served breakfast and lunch in the restaurant. The food was very good and the restaurant was very cean and well kept. The Skyline Bar on the 26th floor affords a great view of Riga.

The only thing I can say negatively is that the wait staff at the Skyline Lounge were very impasionate. When the waitress came over, I asked her how her day was going and she looked at me like I kicked her puppy dog...and just walked away. I was warned to expect that in Riga, but still was taken aback by it.

Unique Quality: Great views from Skyline Lounge or the health club

smegster999's Profile Photo

Massive thumbs up!

by written on November 15, 2006

Excellent hotel. Rooms were spacy, warm, with excellent panaramic views of Riga. The bar downstairs was a good meeting place and I believe the bar situated upstairs is the best in Riga - unfortunately it was shut during our stay for renovation. The food was excellent for breakfast, with any type of food stuffs you could wish for. The staff were very helpful and friendly and there was a casino and nighclub situated in the basement if you are a night owl. The hotel is also situated in a great location to explore the rest of the city.

happyhourkid's Profile Photo

When Location and Views are Important

by written on June 23, 2006

I was looking for a hotel that was the best combination of amenities, location, and modernness so I decided on the Reval Hotel Latvija. I was very pleased with my stay and will definitely stay again.

My room was on the 19th floor and I was given a view facing Old Riga. The only thing that is keeping my stay from being "perfect" is that it wasn't the best of days weather-wise. No fault to the hotel, of course. They make up for it by offering the Skyline Bar and the Voodoo nightclub : )

Unique Quality: A first class hotel and the largest in Latvia. As it is a high-rise building it offers some spectacular views of this old and architecture-rich city. The decor was very Scandinavian-ish. Not sure if that has to do with the recent Finnish influence this city is experiencing. The beds are small, but you'll survive. After all, you'll want to be out exploring this city and living it up as opposed to spending quality time in the room.

Directions: a couple blocks away from Old Riga. 20 minutes from the airport by cab.

Nearby Reval Hotel Latvija

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Riga Travel Forum

Need advice about Riga, Latvia? Visit the Travel Forum for Riga and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Riga hotel reviews

Bastejkalns Park
Money
Powder tower.
Things to Do
Bastejkalns Park and the city canal.
Latvian National Opera.
Things to Do
Freedom Monument 's Guard of honor.
The Freedom Monument.
Things to Do
The Old St.Gertrude's church.
Things to Do
The Nativity of Christ Cathedral.
Things to Do
Venus of Wilendorf 21 st century .
ART ACADEMY OF LATVIA
Latvian Riflemen Monument
Central Market
Academy of Sciences
Things to Do
Great location, day or night
Art Nouveau district refreshment