Elizabetes 55, Riga, LV-1010, Latvia

Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• So much has changed...

We came here last time when the Hotel was still called Reval and we had a dreadful room in the tower that looked like a russian try on Ikea and the staff couldnt have cared less if I we were happy with that or not. But now, what a change. First of all the rooms have all been refurbished apparently and even if they are still rather small at least you get the feeling of being in a four star hotel. Even the staff seems to be much happier. We didnt recognise many from back in 2008 but at least one of the porters that always had a sour face (older gentleman) was really friendly and welcoming this time. The views and the location are still great and the breakfast is very nice too. All in all a very nice experience and so different to the last time!!

• OK

Great location!
    Very good breakfast.
    Indifferent front desk staff.
    Photo: The olives in the Gastronome deli store at the hotel

• Jewel in Riga

Everything about this hotel was amazing with the exception of the staff. There was a review I read on this hotel which summed it up and it is also how I feel. I would stay here again were it not for the unfriendly staff especially the people working at the SklyLine lounge bar-very, very rude and snobby!!. I'm not sure if it is cultural or if they just don't care for tourists.

In any event, the Sky Line bar on the 26th floor was incredible with great views of the city. The hotel is central and walking distance to a lot of tourist sites, including Old town. Gorgeous city! It was very clean, the food was fresh, the rooms were always clean. Plus it is in a great, safe location.

Unique Quality: The food, hotel room, pool, and views were wonderful! Like I said, this hotel is worth the price.

• gugi66's Profile Photo

Reval Hotel Latvija

I didn´d actually stay here, I just went to the panorama café on the 27th floor, great wiew.

But the hotel seems wery good, atleast the staff were very polight.

Directions: North of the Freedom Statue. By the Esplanade park.

• LaurenK's Profile Photo

Great Location

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Reval Hotel Latvija at the end of February 2008. The location of the hotel couldn't have been better,just at the edge of the Old Town and on the corner of Elizabetes iela and Brivibas iela. Our room had a lovely view of the Russian Orthodox cathedral and Esplanade Park. You can pay extra for a room with an old town view but we didn't but still had a lovely view from our 5th floor room. The buffet breakfast was excellent, a huge choice of hot and cold food to suit local and other tastes. The room was perfect and should suit any travellers needs perfectly, it was very clean and comfortable with a good sized and equipped bathroom. The 26th floor Skyline bar was a great place to drink cocktails and look at a great view of Riga, the Lobby bar and Casino were also nice. I didn't visit the Voodoo nightclub but it looked pretty popular on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately I have one very big complaint about this hotel that would turn me off ever staying there again and thats the staff. Its such a shame because everything else about this hotel is great and 5 star quality but the staff are so rude, unfriendly and bad at their jobs that it brings the hotel right down. Both my boyfriend and I made an effort with the Latvian language, we were nice and grateful to staff at all times but they could not have been more rude, the list of issues that I have is endless and some that we tool up with the hotel directly such as items been taken from our minibar (presumably by the chambermaid), being told we were late for breakfast when it was 35mins before it finished, being refused an itemised bill for our extra expenses. The list of issues is endless and I won't continue to moan on about them here. At times it seemed that they were going out of their way to be unwelcoming The bottom line is - stay here if you want a good location, comfortable room and nice breakfast but dont expect good service from any of the staff including the staff at the Skyline bar. We enjoyed our stay in Riga but that was because we were determined to have a good time and would not let some rude unwelcoming people put us off our holiday. I'm giving an overall rating of "somewhat unsatisfied", were it not for the staff I would be giving a rating of "a great experience".

Unique Quality: Location and 26th floor cocktail bar.

• LaurenK's Profile Photo

Perfectly Located Hotel

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Reval Hotel Latvija at the end of February 2008. The location of the hotel couldn't have been better,just at the edge of the Old Town and on Elizabetes iela. Our room had a lovely view of the Russian Orthodox cathedral and Esplanade Park. The buffet breakfast was excellent, a huge choice of food to suit local and other tastes. The room was small but suited our needs perfectly, it was very clean and comfortable with a good bathroom. The Skyline bar was a great place to drink cocktails and look at a great view of Riga, the Lobby bar and Casino were also nice. I didn't visit the Voodoo nightclub but it looked pretty popular on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately I have one very big complaint about this hotel that would turn me off ever staying there again and thats the staff. Its such a shame because everything else about this hotel is great and 5 star quality but the staff are so rude, unfriendly and bad at their jobs that it brings the hotel right down. Both my boyfriend and I made an effort with the Latvian language, we were nice and grateful to staff at all times but they could not have been more rude, the list of issues that I have is endless and some that I should take up with the hotel directly so I won't moan on about them here. At times it seemed that they were going out of their way to be unwelcoming The bottom line is - stay here if you want a good location, comfortable room and nice breakfast but dont expect good service from any of the staff including the staff at the Skyline bar. We enjoyed our stay here but that was because we were determined to have a good time and would not let some rude unwelcoming people put us off our holiday. I'm giving an overall rating of "satisified", were it not for the staff I would be giving a rating of "a great experience".

Unique Quality: Great views from bedrooms and Skyline bar on 26th floor. Good choice of TV stations and good buffet breakfast

Directions: Great location at the edge of the Old Town. Its a noce walk to the Old Town also as you will go by the Freedom Monument or through Esplanade Park.

• OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Great Views...Close to Old Town

I stayed at the Reval for a week and the accomodations were very nice. The health club was small but the equipment was new and well kept. The sauna was outstanding. Because our conference was at the hotel, we were served breakfast and lunch in the restaurant. The food was very good and the restaurant was very cean and well kept. The Skyline Bar on the 26th floor affords a great view of Riga.

The only thing I can say negatively is that the wait staff at the Skyline Lounge were very impasionate. When the waitress came over, I asked her how her day was going and she looked at me like I kicked her puppy dog...and just walked away. I was warned to expect that in Riga, but still was taken aback by it.

Unique Quality: Great views from Skyline Lounge or the health club

• smegster999's Profile Photo

Massive thumbs up!

Excellent hotel. Rooms were spacy, warm, with excellent panaramic views of Riga. The bar downstairs was a good meeting place and I believe the bar situated upstairs is the best in Riga - unfortunately it was shut during our stay for renovation. The food was excellent for breakfast, with any type of food stuffs you could wish for. The staff were very helpful and friendly and there was a casino and nighclub situated in the basement if you are a night owl. The hotel is also situated in a great location to explore the rest of the city.

• happyhourkid's Profile Photo

When Location and Views are Important

I was looking for a hotel that was the best combination of amenities, location, and modernness so I decided on the Reval Hotel Latvija. I was very pleased with my stay and will definitely stay again.

My room was on the 19th floor and I was given a view facing Old Riga. The only thing that is keeping my stay from being "perfect" is that it wasn't the best of days weather-wise. No fault to the hotel, of course. They make up for it by offering the Skyline Bar and the Voodoo nightclub : )

Unique Quality: A first class hotel and the largest in Latvia. As it is a high-rise building it offers some spectacular views of this old and architecture-rich city. The decor was very Scandinavian-ish. Not sure if that has to do with the recent Finnish influence this city is experiencing. The beds are small, but you'll survive. After all, you'll want to be out exploring this city and living it up as opposed to spending quality time in the room.

Directions: a couple blocks away from Old Riga. 20 minutes from the airport by cab.

More about Reval Hotel Latvija

Hotel Latvija

by Fen about Hotel Latvija

Reval Hotel Latvija has 382 modern and comfortable guestrooms including 37 executive and family rooms. The guestrooms on the top floors of the hotel boast memorable views of Riga´s old town and the Daugava River.

The highest building in Riga

by linda1501 about Reval hotel Latvija

We stayed at Reval Hotel Latvia and i think it was a great hotel! It is the largest first class hotel in Riga and dedicated to providing comfortable accommodation, friendly service and attention to your individual needs. For example there is a sauna with walls of glass that you can enjoy the view of the city while being in sauna!:)

Reval Hotel Latvia

by Linndy

345 doubles US$122 per night, 37 suites US$145 per night. The Reval Group has completely transformed this one-time In-tourist hotel into one of Latvia's premier hotels. All rooms include phone, mini-bar, hairdryer, climate control and satellite TV through which you can play games and even send e-mail. Business class suites are more spacious and include a few extra amenities. Allergy and smoke free accommodation is also at your disposal as well as two bars, a restaurant, shops, conference facilities with simultaneous translation and 16-hour room service. In the ground floor of the club there is a cosy nightclub VOODOO and the more beautiful casino also in the voodoo stile. And don't miss the view from the 27th floor bar or from the 26th floor sauna.

Reval Hotel LatviaReval Hotel Latvia

First time in Riga Solo Traveler

by okitsme

First time in Riga as well on this forum.
Setting off for a 4 day trip starting Sept 22nd. My main concerns are that I'm a 44 yr Male travelling alone, Bearing this in mind can anyone recommend clubs/bars where I might not look like "the oldest swinger in town " I'm not there to get hooked up I just enjoy a bit of people watching/meeting along with a few drinks.
I've booked into the Reval Hotel Latvija (Any views?) Also a little concerned about safety walking around alone.

Any help or tips very much appreciated.

RE: First time in Riga Solo Traveler

by Maikls

Hey!

Actually in RIga there are a lot of great places where to be that it is hard to suggest some special one. Depends on Your taste.

The hotel You have booked - it is really good one and really visit previosly mentioned SKY LINE bar which is on the top of the hotel and there will be really marvellous panorama to Riga.

And about safety - hard to say - as usually You should take care of Your things, but genrally You can feel safe around.

Enjoy Your stay in Riga!
P.S. And efinetely check out Krasta Lido or Vermanitis (the places where they serve a great food!

Comments