Pajuris Hotel

Slaito 18A, Giruliai, Klaipeda, 92281, Lithuania

More about Klaipeda

Car ferry from Klapeda to the Curonian SpitCar ferry from Klapeda to the Curonian Spit

The Sea Festival 2009, KlaipedaThe Sea Festival 2009, Klaipeda

Sunset in KlaipedaSunset in Klaipeda

Between the BlocksBetween the Blocks

shopping in Kalipeda

by MrJahnsen

Hallo. we are from Norway and we are comming to Kalipeda in june, so we have a few question's. We'll wounder if we can pay whith euro in shops and pubs? Or do we have to have LTL? We land in Palanga at 21.00, is there a buss or do we take a taxi...and how mutch that coust? Its Kalipeda a "safe" city in the nights? This is ower first tripp east to the Lithania, and we are staying at Hotel Kalipeda. Is the hotell near the shoppinsenter, nightlife and pubs...?
than you... :o)

Re: shopping in Kalipeda

by jonellis

Hallo fellow Norwegians. (my Father was born in Tromso) And I have been to both Palanga Airport and Klaipeda City 3 times. There is a minibus that passes the Airport into the center of Palanga. You will have to ask the schedule when you get there. As I recall, it was about 3 or 4 LTL. Then you have to take another Minibus into Klaipeda which go quite often. If the wait from the airport is too long you may have to pay Taxi. But if you are trying to save money, only take taxi to Palanga and not all the way to Klaipeda. The mini bus from Palanga I think was about 3 or 4 LTL into Klaipeda, but since oil has got higher, it might be more now. All my dealings in Lithuania has been in LTL and not Euros except some of the Hotels will take Euros. There is plenty of ATM machines to get cash. I have also stayed at the Hotel Klaipeda, and if you get a room on floor 10 or above, there is a great view of the harbor. It is in a good location along the main streets which run North and South. There is very good Municipal bus system and a fleet of mini buses too. Ask one of the receptionist at the hotel desk for info. They all spoke English when I was there last October. At the Hotel itself there is a casino, nightclub, and a strip club. The hotel is also in walking distance of the ferry over to the "Spit" where the Sea Museum is and transport to the sand dunes or Nida. The Akropolis Mall for shopping is South of the Hotel but only about a 5 minute ride on the bus or minibuses. From what I saw and locals tell me, it is a very safe City.

Re: shopping in Kalipeda

by EditaA

Hi,

You have to exhange the Eur to LTL.The Rate is 1Eur-3.4528lTL. The best is to take taxi to Palanga bus station and take the mini bus to Klaipeda. If you never been in Palanga,I suggest to spend one day there-it is nice park with palace and amber museum inside.Nice park and also main walking street with a lot of bars and restaurants. Nice sand beach..

Travel Tips for Klaipeda

Walk in the port

by satara

In day time the sea port is full of people, ships, cars, shipping goods - all in constant movement..
But at night time the noise disappears and all stand in quiet... You just walk on the pier rocks and listen to the waves splashing on them, look at the city in lights.. All sea port is just for you.. and maybe for your dreams :)

Famous hearts fell for Klaipeda's girls..

by satara

In XVII century the famous German poet Simon Dach was born.
He fell in love with Klaipeda's girl named Anike and wrote her a beautiful poem which became very popular in Lithuania.
In honour of the poet the sculpture of Anike was put on the square of Theatre and has become the symbol of the Klaipeda city.

We don't keep our legs on the table

by aterola

we DON't keep our legs on the table, next chair or somwere else. You can lay down at home, when you need to relax your legs, or you can lay down on the grass in the town, but we are sitting legs down in restaurants and hotel halls and visiting friends at their homes...

Danes ragatta

by Aspati

Rowing is one of the most attractive sports to me probably because I heard about it so much from my sister who was rower. So there is one really big event in the summer it is Dane regatta. This year it will be organized 37th time.

It is two days event where you can watch people rowing through the Dane river.

It is organized around the midle of October. Exact date chech on the internet. You don't need anything except youreself and good friend.... And probably somebody who will explain you about the sport if you don't know anything about it...

Klaipeda is accessible by car,...

by vilkas

Klaipeda is accessible by car, bus, train, and ferries from Germany and Sweden. I believe there are also ferries to Kaliningrad (but why would you want to go there?)
The only way to get to Nida is via ferry from Klaipeda - the ferry can carry your car too.

Comments