Nidos Pusynas Hotel

Nidos Pusynas Hotel
Booking.com eDreams

Good For No Data

More about Nida

way up tp the dunesway up tp the dunes

kitchenkitchen

View from the dune towards NidaView from the dune towards Nida

Parnidis, the Great Dune, NidaParnidis, the Great Dune, Nida

Nida Church name

Dear friends,

Currently I'm touring the Baltics. When we were in Nida there was a church opposite of the post office. Can someone tell me the name of this church.

Best regards,

Re: Nida Church name

by Maquis

Do you mean the German church on top of the small hill next to the cemetary?

by Broekie

No, it wasnt in the neighberhood of a cementary and as far as I could see not German.

Best Regards,

by giedre

the one with straws roof & a lot of glass...modern ...kitch to my eye.
no sorry dont remember.can you tell me what religion church is that, we were when it was still building.
cheers

Hi Giedre,

Thanks for the effort, but the problem has already been resolved. I e-mailed the local tourist service. They told me the name was "Mary christian's help"

Best Regards, Merry XMas and a Happy 2004,

Travel Tips for Nida

Probably the best resort in Baltic States

by Aig

Unique geografic location on Kurian spit. Located in protected national park. Rent a bycicle and take a ride, take a walk on some of the thematic paths, or just walk by the sea in the sunset.

Take a boat trip around the bay.

Two Flowers in the Dunes

by Grazina

Just the site where the dunes are...it's very relaxing as you can see here with Grazina & Irma kicking back and soaking in the Indian summer heat... The sand...it very refreshing to take your shoe off and run your big, hairy, chizzie toes in the soft white sand...you could even just sleep here all day if you wanted to.

In Your Pocket Guide

by HORSCHECK

On my travels to East and Central Europe I always try to get myself the latest edition of the "In Your Pocket" guide. These guides are very up to date, provide useful maps and offer all sorts of practical information for independent travels. Most of the tips can also be found on their webpage.
Lithuania is the cradle of "In Your Pocket" as the the first guide was published in Vilnius in 1991. Nida doesn't have its own guide, but the Klaipeda guide also includes a few helpful pages about Nida. The guides are available locally from kiosks or the Tourist Information Office.

Cycling the Spit

by King_Golo

Cycling the Spit is an interesting way to get to know this place. The terrain is flat so cycling is easy. There's hardly any traffic. Plenty of beaches allow you to stop and go for a swim in the sea.
Keep in mind that the Spit is quite long - it's 45km from Smiltyne (i.e. its upper part) to Nida (i.e. its southernmost Lithuanian point). Either bring your own bikes or rent them in Nida (or perhaps also Klaipeda). Nida has several bike rental places. I've mentioned but one below.

Russian border zone

by HORSCHECK

On one rainy day we decided to take a walk from Nida along the beach to the border zone to Russia. One half of the 98 km long Curonian Spit belongs to Lithuania whereas the other half belongs to the Russian exclave Kaliningrad. Nida is located only about 3 km north of the border.

So we headed of to the Baltic Sea side of the Curonian Spit and walked along the beach until we eventually saw the Russian border sign which warns in various languages:

State border protection zone
Enter only upon authorisation by
state border guard service

Of course there is not too much to see, but at least we could spot a Russian watchtower in the distance.

I must admit that I got the idea for this walk from King_Golo's Nida page .

Comments