Vila Diemedis

Daukanto 11, Palanga, Lithuania
Vila Diemedis
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Palanga

Going up the pierGoing up the pier

Basanavicius str.Basanavicius str.

Nature of PalangaNature of Palanga

Seaside in PalangaSeaside in Palanga

Travel Tips for Palanga

Walking in general

by yumyum

If it's too windy on the beach for a walk, you may use one of the many path just off the beach like Naglio or Meiles aleja or in Palangos Parkas. I like walking around Palanogos Parkas in rain when there are not so many other people. There are some really pretty corners in that park.

Klaipeda

by Raimix

It third city by population in Lithuania. Seaport and nice city. You can enjoy walking through narrow oldtown's streets, sitting at a bars or restorans, talking with people. It is about 18 km from Palanga. Don't miss to go to this city.

Egle, the Queen of Serpents

by ginte

The monument of Egle stands in the park where Tiskeviciai Palace is. It's dedicated to the well known Lithuanian folk tale 'Egle, the Queen of Serpents'. You can read it at the link below:

Palanga-The sunset at the end of the bridge

by Dany_Kulta

"The aim of my first trip to Lithaunia"

So, this is the first destination where me and my friends planned to go to for our first trip to Lithuania. In VT and ICQ I had asked about where to go in LT during the summer, and 99% of the answer were: PALANGA!
Whe we arrived after a long trip from Vilnius, it was late, we were completely lost in the long avenue, looking for an hotel...I had found something on internet so we moved to the place, and we were well received. After a small rest, we moved to look around. It was late but we NEEDED to see the beach :) Then we moved to the main street where were the restaurants and discos, and we stayed with our camera, recording some souvenirs..
I will never forget this city.
Then we found the Gravity-Sachmatine, the beach-version of the one in Vilnius, and ..surprise! There was dj Pippi that night! Music from Ibiza, what a pleasure for our ears!...We also recognize many people from Gravity in Vilnius who apparently moved at the same time to Palanga :) .. .................During the day, we tried to enter inside the sea...quite cold for me...Brr...But after a moment I felt better. There was also a fitness in the beach .) I tried it :).............And finally the days were running and running...and when it was time to come home, we were surprised...
I think about going there next summer....
-------------------------------------------------
And it seems that I do what I think, because August 2003 I was there again! :p .... The weather wasn't as "warm" as the last summer, and it was the end of the HOT time in Palanga...even "my" fitness center on the beach had disappeared !!!........ Streets were full, but not as much as in July I think.
I enjoyed going to LVS and Sachmatine (no more associated with Gravity!)..........But after some days we felt the need to move....some pubs were closing, relatively empty.....I didn't want to see the nightlife of Palanga dying so we moved to Mazeikiai :)

Comments