Siauliai Hotels

Our Members Say

• Tynkas profile photo Tynkas
  • Reviews: 1

Hotel 'Šiauliai': The Tallest Hotel

Built in the late soviet times this hotel can be seen far from outskirts of the city. New rooms and lobby is quite impressive compared to the facade. Spend many nights in there and had no trouble what so ever. Prices vary from 30 euro double room to 100-120 suite. Has a night club on the ground floor, no need to go to town if one needs a proper drink. Good location.

Excellent view from top floor rooms, nice thing to see in the morning ;]

• Written October 29, 2007

• HORSCHECK profile photo HORSCHECK
  • Reviews: 2659

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Siauliai College

We came to Siauliai without having booked any accomodation in advance. So on arrival we headed directly to the Tourist Information in the city centre. The girl behind the counter was very friendly and helpful. She gave us a brochure about the available accomodations. We decided to stay at the Siauliai college due to its central location and cheap price.

Siauliai College rents out rooms on the ground floor to tourists. The rooms were newly renovated, and relatively big, but with shared bath and toilets separated for ladies and men. There was even a fully equipped kitchen and a sort of common room with TV set on the floor. All facilities were clean and the staff was helpful and friendly, even though some don't speak English.

The price was 30 Litas (about 9 Euro, 2006) per person and night. Breakfast is not provided.

• Related to: Backpacking, Trains, Budget Travel
  • Written March 28, 2007

Siauliai College

• yumyum profile photo yumyum
  • Reviews: 2684

Hotel Siauliai: Concrete tower

I haven't actually stayed here but when you explore Siauliai you are bound to pass by it. Taking a closer look, it seems that there are a couple of renovated floors. The whole place doesn't look very inviting. No doubt the view from a high floor may be interesting. Funny enough, this hotel isn't mentioned on the accomodation list from the tourist office, I wonder why?!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written February 11, 2007

Hotel Siauliai - front view

• yumyum profile photo yumyum
  • Reviews: 2684

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Siauliai College: Very clean - excellent value!

I called ahead for a room, they can find a student that speaks English if necessary or if you speak Russian they will also understand you. When you check out you can leave the luggage for free. It’s basic student accomodation with shared bathroom and toilets. Everything was very clean. There is also a kitchen for use. We paid 30 Litas per person.

There is an even cheaper place in Siauliai at 15 Lt per person. We talked to someone staying there and they said that it was ok and linen provided. It the Young Tourist's Centre on Rygos 36, phone 52 39 92.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written February 10, 2007
Tip Photo

entrance - then straight ahead to the office

• SWFC_Fan profile photo SWFC_Fan
  • Reviews: 1283

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Aronija: Hotel near bus station.

We stayed at the Hotel Aronija for just one night in October 2005.

Arriving in Siauliai after a long bus journey from Vilnius the Hotel Aronija, directly opposite the bus station, was the first hotel we saw. And since it was raining heavily, we decided to check in straight away.

Upon entering the reception area, I thought we'd made a mistake. We seemed to be in a doctor's surgery rather than a hotel. We were, in fact, in some sort of massage parlour and beauty salon - between the hours of 6pm and 8am the building reverts to its other use as a hotel.

The rooms are modern and spacious with a large bed and a sofa bed, satellite TV (although the only English language station we could pick up was the Cartoon Network) and large en-suite bathrooms.

However, the one big negative about this place is its curfews! The earliest you can check in is 6pm. You may then leave your room, but must be back by 9pm. And you must be out of your room by 8am the next morning.

This wasn't a major problem for us as we arrived shortly after 6pm and we were intending to make an early start the next day anyway. The 9pm curfew was the most frustrating. We were told that we could "find a pub or a nightclub in town - but make sure you're back by 9pm".

The cost was only 120 Lt (approx 24 GBP / 36 Euros) for a twin room with breakfast. The breakfast was served in the downstairs restaurant and consisted of a very good omelette with sausage meat in and a large cup of coffee.

We were able to store our luggage in the hotel free of charge while we went sightseeing and then pick it up when we returned to catch our bus.

If you're in Siauliai for just one night, this hotel is a very convenient option. However, don't even think about staying here if you're intending to have a night on the town or wanting to have a lie in in the morning!!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written November 22, 2005

Hotel Aronija, Siauliai

• C_C_twins profile photo C_C_twins
  • Reviews: 11

"saulys": royal stay.

Saulys is the best hotel in my city..it has 5 * .

well furnished....the royal room has a wonderful bed where could sleep 5 people.Had a chance to be in this room.....there are 2 rooms, both are connected to a bedroom.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written January 28, 2005

• scubaphoto profile photo scubaphoto
  • Reviews: 67

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Siauliai Dodgy Hotel

I can’t really review this hotel as I did not actually end up spending the night here but I wasn’t impressed. It was the first time ever that I have paid for a room and then on inspecting the room ask for my money back and left and I consider myself a seasoned traveller and have stay in hotels in areas of conflict and in some real fleapits.

I just had a bad feeling about this place can’t really explain it but all my senses were telling me to leave. The place seemed to be undergoing building work, and it looked like I was the only guest. The elevator up to the 9th floor just didn’t sound safe. I could be wrong. The rooms and hotel as you can see are left over from the Soviet Era.

Anyway as I said I left the place and got my money back I think about €15-20 it cost per night.

On the way out of the room I left my passport on the bedroom table, and then my Lithuanian adventure really started!!

The stunning architecture!!!