- Reviews: 2456
A comfortable 3*, friendly, clean and cosy just what we were looking for.
Good buffet breakfast included in the price.
About a 10 minute walk from the railway station and about 20 minutes to the castle.
Restaurant, pools and fitness facility on site too makes this a good place to choose.
Very happy with our stay there.
- Reviews: 23
Hotel Rotuse: A cheap alternative
We came late in the day, and found no vacancies. In the end, our helpful cabbie (who by the way didn't speak any English or German) found us a place to sleep. It's very basic, shared toilet and showers, but definately a cheap no-frills alternative. We were two persons, and payed 40 Litas in July 2005 for one night in a room that could sleep four.
Nothing really. It's dirt cheap, and you get what you pay for.
- Reviews: 8368
Hotel Traku (and others): General information
I didn't book any accommodation in Trakai in advance because I wasn't sure which day I arrive. I was looking for my accommodation quite long in the early evening and I did't find any free room for us two. Why? Well, they were fully booked by numerous groups of visitors mainly from Poland as there was long free weekend in Poland that time.
Hmm... there were only two hotels in Trakai. Add a camping, a hostel and more B&Bs. List here.
Looking for a hotel I visited:
1. Hotel Traku - lovely location on the shore of Totoriskes lake (map here), clean and probably new hotel with a swimming pool, nice receptionist, double room for € 43 (add € 12 for 2 breakfasts), credit card accepted, parking lot for hotel guests - my recommendation and... no vacancy;
2. Traku nacionalinis sporto ir sveikatingumo centras (Hotel of Trakai National Sports and health Center) - it was large complex of not new buildings at the northern end of Trakai (letter H on the map here) - steep road-entrance down to the right, a little bit neglected area, full of loud groups, € 45 per double room - not my recommendation and no vacancy,
I didn't expect problems with accommodations in Trakai, so driving from Druskininkai I skipped Motel Maldis on my way although it looked very good.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Carlton Ambassador Hotel
- Al Mihrab
- Clarion Collection Etoile Saint Honore
- The Whipper-In Hotel
- Savannah Resort Hotel
- Gleann-na-Smol B&B
- Cameron Hotel
- Louis Althea Beach Hotel
- Opera Saint Georges Hotel Paris
- The Westcliff Hotel
- Queen Anne Inn
- Palmetto Dunes Resort
- I Portici Charming House B&B