Crowne Plaza Vilnius

PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

Crown Plaza

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2005

A good quality Holiday Inn Crown Plaza with a location central enough for both tourist and business visitors. Personally not too keen on their policy of allowing pets and dogs. About 7 km from the airport by taxi (approx $6.00). They charge you $9.00 to park your car for a night here!

Unique Quality: On the 16th floor is Horizon bar with large windows which give amazing views of the river Neris and Vilnius City

matcrazy1's Profile Photo

General information

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 30, 2004

I didn't book any accommodation in Vilnius in advance because I wasn't sure which day I arrive. I was looking for my accommodation quite long in the evening and I finally found Crowne Plaza.

My 10 tips:
1. Vilnius (and generally Lithuania) is still relatively cheap country but hotels in Vilnius (and Lithuania) were not that cheap,
2. They were less expensive (most of 3- and 4-star hotels) in... weekends: Fri-Sat and Sat-Sun,
3. During my second trip to Lithuania there was no vacancy in a few 3-star hotels I visited or call to. Why? Well, they were fully booked by numerous groups of visitors from Poland as there was long free weekend in Poland that time. Well, new hotels in Vilnius were almost completed, soon... more.
4. Hotels in the old town were always more, even much more expensive than those located outside - you must pay much more for the location than for number of stars.
5. Hotels outside the old town had various location: from not nice location among Soviet style huge apartment buildings (Zemaites Hotel) to quite pretty location in green and safe areas of city (Crowne Plaza).
6. Special internet prices for rooms were (as I checked twice)... higher than real price at place.
7. At some hotels recepcionists were allowed to get you a discount (5-10%) esp. when you come late and they still had free rooms or they had deals with other hotels.
8. Most 3- and all 4-star hotels had guarded parking lots but usually additionally paid (sometimes much).
9. All hotels I visited were very clean (sterile). Standart of hotels was good although... my 5-star Crowne Plaza hotel looked the same as 4-star hotels in western Europe I was lucky to visit. What stands for 5-star? I never lived in any 5-star hotel yet :-).
10. Looking for a hotel in Vilnius via internet? Follow the links, please:

Unique Quality: Vilnius hotels and accommodations on Virtual Tourist - look for hotel deals and/or read tips of other VT-ers!;
Vilnius Hotels Guide

matcrazy1's Profile Photo

My recommendation!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 30, 2004

This new hotel (opened 2003) is my recommendation esp. for those who are looking for a very good hotel in Vilnius or... couldn't find any less expensive one like me. I would be obliged to pay at least twice more for such a hotel in western European capitals or in any larger US city, I am sure.

Well, I was looking for say 3-star (or good 2-star) hotel in the evening and there were no vacancy in a few hotels I visited and/or called to (more in my tourist trap tip). Finally I did find 4-star (or even signed as 5-star) large, 16-store Crowne Plaza Vilnius. A surprice: this very good hotel was less expensive than most worse hotels located in the old town (you pay for the location). Well, Crowne Plaza was located in lovely, green and safe area where a lot of embassies and Vilnius upclass homes were put.

Unique Quality: HOTEL
It was the best hotel we had in Lithuania. All facilities of 4-star hotel including:
- health and fitness centre,
- indoor swimming pool,
- sauna, jacuzzi,
- restaurant
- two bars, one located at the top with great panorama over Vilnius etc., etc.

ROOM
Our standart room was not big but enough for two and the beds were comfortable. There was a data port / modem connection in a room (if you have a laptop with appropriate cable) or internet access via TV (it took ages to get to VT and it didn't accept my pasword, I coudn't log in), add coffee :-) and tea in a room. The room was equipped very good with cable TV, phone, a fridge with hotel minibar, trouser press, private safe for valuables etc. Brekfast next day was very good :-).

PRICE:
We paid 273.00 Lt + 28.00 Lt for guarded parking lot (hmm... wasn't it the most expensive parking lot in Lithuania?) = 301.00 Lt (€ 90.00, US$109.00, 416.00 Polish zloty). Next time I would probably park my car on unguarded parking lot of a hotel...
The standart price for our room was 342.00 Lt (€ 99.00), hmm... read in my tourist trap tip why we paid less. Lower prices in... weekends (Fri-Sat and Sat-Sun): 304.00 Lt per double room.

Directions: Look here

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Vilnius Travel Forum

Need advice about Vilnius, Lithuania? Visit the Travel Forum for Vilnius and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Vilnius hotel reviews

Famous buildings
Modern buildings
Bicycles
Transportation
360 degree view on Castle Hill!
Car driving in Vilnius
Transportation
Trakai with a professional guide
The Lithuanian railways.
St Anne's Church.
The Cathedral.
The lonely clock tower.
Things to Do
The Church of St Casimir.
Things to Do
Take a day trip to Kunas.
Uzupis (II) - Walk through Uzupis