Neringa Hotel

See Amenities
antistar's Profile Photo

Perfect Location

by written on July 9, 2012

The Neringa had a touch of the past about it, despite its modern, heavily refurbished rooms. The dining area has state protected frescos from the 50s decorating its walls, in a kind of "love it or hate it" Soviet era celebration of Lithuanian culture nostalgia vibe about it. The rooms still have wall mounted bottle openers in the bathroom, a throwback to Soviet times my wife said.

But it doesn't feel in the slightest bit a Soviet era hotel. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. They even provided me with a sewing kit for the broken button on my jacket, and quietly forgot about my breakfast transgression (I'd sat for two days eating without having actually booked it). They even searched high and low for my son's shoes after we'd forgotten them when we left (and they found them).

The rooms were really nice, if a little bland. There was a strong wi-fi connection even on the top floor. The view was nice - over the roofs to the towers of New Vilnius. The TV was a big, new flatscreen. The bed was comfy. The temperature was ideal and there was no noise at all. And best of all was the location - a few minutes walk from Cathedral square.

It wasn't in the old town, but on an elegant cafe line boulevard just outside it. I ended up preferring that to the tourist choked streets of the old town.

Directions: Walk up Gedimino from the Cathedral.

Worst Experience at a Hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 25, 2007

Our travel agent booked two non smoking rooms for my parents and myself. When we arrived at the hotel, my parents and I decided to exchange rooms because the layout was different and would accomodate more family and friends to visit. I had noticed that the room I agreed to take, smelled like cigarettes and I opened up with window and went to my parents room to visit. I retired to my room and feel asleep around 11:30. I woke up around 3:00AM. My throat was burning from the cigarette smoke that permeated in the room. I went to the front desk and let them know about the room. The man that I spoke with said he remembered my parents and I. He admitted the room did smell like cigarettes. He offered me some tea and I stayed in the lobby. At 4:00AM, I decided to go upstairs to the reading/TV area and lay down on the couch. I couldn't have been there more than 10 minutes when the front desk people decided to offer me another room on that floor. I fell asleep at around 4:30AM I was woke by very LOUD music at 5:00AM. I opened my door to find a hotel maid cleaning the reading/TV area. When I told her about the LOUD music all she could do was point UP. I left that room went back to my room took a shower and got ready. My mom and I went to the Lobby and asked to speak with the manager. The manager looked at the notes in the computer and told me that I was given another room. When I told him that I had slept 1/2 hour in that room before the LOUD music. The music was coming from the floor above. He told me that he couldn't help what was going on outside. I told him that it was INSIDE the hotel. The Manager said Oh well there was nothing that he could do. While my mom and I were about to leave the front desk area, the hotel maid was coming in our direction and I asked her to tell the manager what happened and she confirmed my story. The same insensitivety was displayed by the Manager.

Unique Quality: First I want to say if someone reserves a Non SMOKING room, please provide them with the same.
Second, when the hotel staff notice a room reeks of cigarettes, correct the problem.
Third, when a guest complains about their SLEEPING accomodations be sensitive to their needs because after all they are PAYING YOU to sleep in your hotel. Isn't that what hotels are for??

astralas's Profile Photo

Very lovely hotel in Vilnius center

by written on October 9, 2007

Highly recomended. Myself, our friends, worldwide DJs stays here very often due to location, quality and price.

Unique Quality: Officialy it's **** star hotel but i can't anything wrong with it. Scandic Neringa is located in central street of Vilnius - Gediminas avn. Very lovely stuff, good rooms, nice food, good price, everything is near, few minutes on foot from Oldtown. Good parking.

Directions: In the central street of Vilnius

OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

The Most Comfortable Bed

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 30, 2007

I arrived in Vilnius early for a conference and stayed at the Neringa. The hotel was modern and clean, but what impressed me the most was the bed. It was by far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. And that is not the 14 hours of flying talking...

The only issue I have with the hotel (other than I felt like I was in an IKEA showroom), was that I decided to eat at the hotel's restaurant. While the food was very good and prices reasonable for a hotel restaurant, I was sat in the bar on a table that had hotel literature on it. There were open tables in lower dining area (upper area had a wedding reception), but still I was seated in the bar by myself.

Unique Quality: The bed, the bed, the bed!

iaint's Profile Photo

aah, memories

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 25, 2006

Stayed here many times before the renovation; before Scandic. In mid 90s it was still state owned. Facilities and decor very drab, service "reluctant". It was privatised, and the service became a bit less reluctant.

However, it was warm and the location is great.

It looks super now (if you can trust websites!)

Unique Quality: Location, right on main street.

Directions: about mid way along main street

joseanes's Profile Photo

Good Value - Understated Luxury

by written on August 28, 2006

A very good value. We got it for $78 for two people. The hotel is very clean in a street that has been renovated recently. Nice restaurants, and very modern rooms.

Unique Quality: Continental breakfast. Close to city center - walking distance. A nice cafe across the street and a good inexpensive restaurant next to it (Pica Chili). Since the hotel is a member of the Hilton Honors program we got upgraded. I believe it is category 2 if you are lucky enough to have the points to get it for free.

Directions: Scandic Neringa Vilnius is located in the middle of Vilnius' main street, Gedimino Avenue. The central business district is also close by. Parking very limited -- just 12 spaces.

Liolio's Profile Photo

Good place to stay in Vilnius

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 19, 2005

I haven't stayed in this hotel myself, however I have organised some conferences in Vilnius and the participants lived in that hotel. All of them were very satisfied with rooms and staff. There is also sauna in the hotel where they spend some time during a day. In Neringa Scandic hotel there is a good restaurant, known among local people for a long time. At Soviet times when there were not so many restaurants in town, we got used to go there with families during celebtrations (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.). Now it is renovated and quite new. Also the hotel offers conference halls, the conference/banquet hall belonging to the restaurant is very cosy. If you want to spend night dancing or having a drink, there is a bar downstairs, which was my favorite one when I lived in Vilnius! And the location of the hotel is really great. It is in the main street of Vilnius, only 10-15min walk from the old town.

Nearby Neringa Hotel

• Pets Allowed
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Vilnius Travel Forum

Need advice about Vilnius, Lithuania? Visit the Travel Forum for Vilnius and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Vilnius hotel reviews

Famous buildings
Modern buildings
Bicycles
Transportation
360 degree view on Castle Hill!
Car driving in Vilnius
Transportation
Trakai with a professional guide
The Lithuanian railways.
St Anne's Church.
The Cathedral.
The lonely clock tower.
Things to Do
The Church of St Casimir.
Things to Do
Take a day trip to Kunas.
Uzupis (II) - Walk through Uzupis