Sanvita Hotel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Vilnius

Presidential Palace, VilniusPresidential Palace, Vilnius

Vilnius from hot air balloonVilnius from hot air balloon

The sculpture and the synagogue siteThe sculpture and the synagogue site

The beautiful Uzupio angel statueThe beautiful Uzupio angel statue

st. bernardine church(in vilnius) email address

by caesarantonio

what is the exact location of the church of st. bernardine in vilnius and thier email address and who heads the church, a bishop or a priest? who is he?

by hawkhead

There is quite a bit about this church and its location in the tips in Virtual Tourist! The address is: Maisonio Street, 10 and the phone number is: 370-5-2609292 I gather it is in the process of being restored, an ongoing restoration. Doubt there is an email address.

by caesarantonio

thank you for answering my query. it's really a very helpful info. however, can i still ask you for some other questions? i still have to look for some other churches' email addresses because it's the easiest way to communicate with them. if it is ok with you, can you write to my email address at antoniocaesar@yahoo.com so we could talk faster. thanks

by brrr

The website is under the restoration, but all info is displayed, and you can see an e-mail ("el. paštas")at the bottom of the page: http://www.bonsai.lt/jg/publikacijos/bernardinai/index.htm

hi brrr and everyone,

thanks a lot. i still have other churches though, please help me..anyone..need their email address. we are running out of time already. I am coordinating the Philippine Festival Week in vilnius, Lithuania come June 3 to 9, 2009 and i still have to look for possible venues and possible foster or lodging houses for the three groups that will be performing: Philippine Madrigal Singers, Kammerchor Manila and the Powerdance. Need your help in here. Pls. try to look for email of the following church/venues in Vilnius:Gediminas Castle, St. Anne's Church,Church of the Holy spirit, Church of St. Theresa, Vilnius Cathedral, Church of Sts. Peter and Paul, Trakai Castle. Thanks so much.

by caesarantonio

you can also write to me at caesarantonio@vtmail.com

by hawkhead

By googling Trakai Castle, the wikipedia link will come up and the email address is listed there. If you google St Anne's church vilnius email, you will be able to find the email address. Same for Gediminas church. I don't have the time to do the other churches but doubtless with a little more perseverance and diligence you will find the email addresses. Failing that, try the tourist info in Vilnius, or else the chamber of commerce. All the churches are listed in VT tips and give the phone numbers.

by rutag

Hi,

The address is Maironio g. 10, LT01124 Vilnius.
It is a parish run by the franciscans (O.F.M.). You can email them at info@bernardinai.lt. Good luck.

Travel Tips for Vilnius

Big or small entertainment...it's all good

by Grazina

The walks in the Park or lonely paths that really take you no where, but you then come across entertainer trying to earn a few bucks...so try to pry open your wallets and spare them a couple of dollars or litas. The smell and the cool air in the afternoon, that's really important to someone like me who lives in Northern Ariziona where in September is still somewhat hot (85 degrees).

Where was post office?

by matcrazy1

I needed postage stamps and I found monumental building of main post office on my picture at Gedimino prospektas 7, 5 min. walk from the cathedral, second block on the right side. I didn't see more post offices in the centre/downtown of Vilnius.

HOURS:
Mon - Fri: 7.00 am - 7.00 pm
Sat: 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
Sun: closed!

I bought and sent postcards from Vilnius and I must admit that Lithuanian Post was very fast.

Traditional local food

by Zirpsis

In this picture, you can see what's inside a "cepelinai" - the blimp shaped local delicacy made out of sticky mashed potatoes with meat inside. You can order some at most restaurants in Vilnius. They are very popular and served with different types of dressings, here sour cream with mushrooms. Warning: this dish is very greasy, just look at it. But ok, let's be fair, nutritional value isn't the point here. I'm sure some people find them tasty.

THE CATHEDRAL

by shiran_d

Standing at the foot of Gediminas hill, Vilnius Cathedral is Lithuania's spiritual and political centre. It is thought that in pagan times this was the location of an altar, an eternal fire, or even a temple to Perkûnas.

Famous Katedros Sq 1

For Polish-Lithuanian friendship :-)

by matcrazy1

BEFORE MY VISIT
Before my trip to Vilnius I knew about shared Polish and Lithuanian, sometimes great, sometimes very sad history of this city and country. I knew very warm and friendly opinions of my Polish friends about Lithuanians including of those who already visited Lithuania.

IN VILNIUS
We were drinking delicious Svyturys beer for Lithuanian-Polish friendship with our new Lithuanian friends in Vilnius restaurant. Well, they both (a young couple) asked me not to publish their faces on VT, so there is Urszula (matcrazy0) on my picture.

I was treated very well in Vilnius both by local tourist business (no wonder, business is business :-) and by both Lithuanian and even more by Polish locals, I was lucky to meet. I got to know that Polish miniroty (18.7 %) of Vilnius wanted and needed more contacts with Poland and Polish visitors and they needed more support from Polish authorities esp. that they were usually less educated and poor. Well, as I know, richer and better educated Poles were either killed or exciled (by Soviets) or managed to immigrate to Poland or Western Europe/USA etc.

I didn't change my good opinion on Vilnius and its citizens after my first and second visit. Although I got to know much more including new for me knowledge about difficulties in Polish-Lithuanian relations.

FUTURE
Well, more and more Lithuanians comes to Poland (for business or leisure) and opposite, more Poles go to visit and/or do business in Lithuania and Vilnius.
I was told that quite many, younger, Polish speaking Vilnians want to move to Poland looking for better life. You are welcome :-) but keep in mind that we have 20% unemployment in Poland (in 2004). It's quite easy to move since both countries joined European Union on 1 May 2004.

Comments