Vila Valakampiai

Food and Dining Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons

Surprising gem of Vilnius

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2009

Me and my family took the trip to capital of culture this year!!! It was my wife's idea as she has some Lithuanian friends who advertised their country well enough to get us here! To be honest I was skeptical about that as I am more Costa Del Sol or Mallorca kind of man. I agreed only because flights and hotel acomodation seemed to be way cheaper then elsewhere. And this is important our times as everyone has mortgage to pay,season ticket to renew( C'mon the Hoops) and at the same time take your family for vacation.
Well.....I have never seen such a view in my life! And this is coming from the guy who lives in Scotland!!! Even early hen night and bachelor party celebration on the plane couldn't spoil it! Green....Green ...Green...Looking at it I caught myself thinking that there is nothing more impressive then nature!!!
The city was busy as we hit rush hour and hotel turned out to be 5 miles away from the city center. We were tired and it was a bit irritating . But when we got there! Oh my! Definetely place to stay in Vilnius! Hotel surrounded by forest from one side and beautiful river from another. Great view to say at least! We were greeted outside the hotel by very pleasant receptionist and welcomed inside! Decor was very warm and welcoming-all the tiredness of the day seemed to disappear.Rooms nothing extravagant,but very clean and nicely presented.They have suits as well with jacouzi I heard,so if you posh I am sure they will have something for you. But really we didn't need it.Our room has balcony with the riverside view.Comfy chairs and coffee table was nice touch as well! I couldn't wait for brekky to come already :)
First night we decided to settle in and have dinner in the Riviera restaurant. Everything was perfect there. We had choice of eating inside,on the terrace,or outside near the pond. We choose near the pond option as my son wanted to ride the bike(availible in the hotel as well). Food was very nice.We had roasted duck as it seems to be popular bird over here(they even have it on their logo)....Chatty and pleasant waiter made evening even better.
On the second day we wanted to go to the fitness club,but unfortunately they didn't have one. They have got VIP room with sauna and pool though,but we had to book it in prior. It was a downer,but instead we took bikes and checked out local area.
Overall beautiful place to stay.If you looking for tranquility place with the option to go and party in the city-come here! Very very nice and quiet!!!

Nearby Vila Valakampiai

Vilnius Travel Forum

Need advice about Vilnius, Lithuania? Visit the Travel Forum for Vilnius and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Vilnius hotel reviews

Famous buildings
Modern buildings
Hitchhiking
Transportation
360 degree view on Castle Hill!
Car driving in Vilnius
Transportation
Trakai with a professional guide
The Lithuanian railways.
St Anne's Church.
The Cathedral.
The lonely clock tower.
Things to Do
The Church of St Casimir.
Things to Do
Take a day trip to Kunas.
Uzupis (II) - Walk through Uzupis