Terra Nomis

Booking.com Priceline.com

Travel Tips for Esch-sur-Alzette

Bollendorf: Tranenlay and Predichstuhl

by nighthawk

One day we rented some bicycles to explore the direct surroundings. We cycled in the direction of Echternach, following the Sauer. We stopped in Bollendorf because we saw water falling of the rock. It was the Tranenlay, a high rock with underneath a little cove.We decided to climb that rock, following some small and narrow path, which disappeared later on, so we just had to climb and see where we ended.At some point we were getting very tired, but then we found another path, not straight up, but somewhat more straight. At the left and at the right lay rocks randomly spread.We almost decided to go back down, when I smelled the rocks: a damp, rather dirty smell. So on we went!

After some turns we came to a path down, with some signs: further up to the Praedichstuhl or down to were we came from.Well, since we had come this far, we just went further up. High rocks arose at our right hand and we went up a very narrow path along the rocks. It made me rather dizzy!But at the end of the path and after some very frightening climbs, we come to a sort of platform: the top of a rock.

Beneath us we could see the Sauer and the village we came from.

This is not a great photograph but I have this need to prove that even I, afraid of heights, made that dizzy making climb up!And down! which proved to be far more frightening for me.

Comments