Albert Premier

2a Rue Albert Premier, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, 1117, Luxembourg

More about Luxembourg

Remains of the Fortress, Luxembourg CityRemains of the Fortress, Luxembourg City

Millstone quarryMillstone quarry

The war memorialThe war memorial

WATCHING SATELLITE SPORTSWATCHING SATELLITE SPORTS

Flat sharing

by elenafromitaly

I will come to Luxembourg in March 2007 for a 5-month-traineeship (in Kirchberg). I am looking for a fairly cheap room or an apartment to rent with other colleagues. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
Elena

RE: Flat sharing

by slavicasp

Hi I am also interested in sharing a flat in kirchberg with another girl. If you are interested please contact me at capri101mk16@yahoo.com. Take care

Re: Flat sharing

by perecarka

Hi Elena,

I'm coming to Luxembourg on the 1st of May to do a 3 month traineeship in ECJ. I'm looking for a roomate, so we could share an apartment. If you are interested, please contact me on perecka@gmail.com

Petra

Travel Tips for Luxembourg

Luxembourg City - Dusk

by aliante1981

Luxembourg City at dusk is truly a favourite of mine.

Colours become more blurred and less flamboyant, but somewhat more natural, and the lines of the city's architecture look way better - in my view - with low light (though I can not say why!) than with full one.

Minimalism impresses

by Norali

Reviewing the pictures I took during my one-day-citytrip, I had a thought. Most of my pictures are related to architecture or buildings.

Its only then that I realized why I took pictures of the buildings and why the so relatively important number. It was the architecture and the minimalist setting that impressed me most. The post office was beautiful, in a minimalist way so was Palais Grand Ducal... The Tourism Office is interesting too. Some Renaissance-met-Rococo style prevails there.

They use to keep it simple, just elegant. The whole town has this provincial tranquil flair. It's only when you consider the life costing, the high number of banking institutions that you realize it is not the average European provincial town, it's Luxembourg city, capital city of Grand-Duché de Luxembourg.

Also, out of city center, you'll see the European Intitutions area. Yep, they have such an area too there. One tends to forget sometimes. :-) Me not, I once had to gather petition signatures that I had to address to European MPs. To my surprise, I had to send it to Luxembourg, not somewhere in Brussels.

Where should have a fox its memorial?

by Skipka

well, let me explain that. Fox is important animal here because Michel Rodange wrote a satire of political system in 19th century where the alegory of all of this was represented by a fox. On the other hand, it is a work written in Letzeburgish what is the native language of Luxembourg. However, people here speak three languages: Letzeburgish, French and German. As I should say from my point of view, French is the most used.

Prepare for the weather

by bebejepang

I stay only 4 h in Luxembourg, but the weather at the time was strange: first it was cloudy, then rain and windy (strong wind). After sunny for only 2h, it ws suddently rain again.
Prepare the rain coat or umbrella is better. Is the weather in Luxembourg always like that??

Trip to Berdorf and Little Switzerland

by HORSCHECK

Berdorf is a small town which is situated in the heart of a region known as "Little Switzerland". This area is dominated by a fascinating rocky landscape with forests and small waterfalls as well as little lakes.

Coming from Echternach we parked our car in Berdorf and hiked about 2 hours through Luxembourg's "Little Switzerland". On the way we saw sandstone rock formations with names like Tour Malakoff, Perecop or Hohllay (see photos).

All footpaths are very well signposted, so you can't get lost. The Tourist Information Office in Berdorf provides many useful brochures about the region.

Comments