Value Score Average Value
Good For Families
The Grand Cravat is like most of Luxembourg. It’s nice enough, a little old world and when you find out the cost you have to ask “HOW MUCH!?”. For a single room to cost between 199 € - 390 €, you might be thinking “how big is the Jacuzzi?”. No chance. Instead you are going to see rooms that fit this description from their website: “Tourists and business visitors alike will enjoy the authentic 1960s atmosphere complete with radiant colours, elegant decor and charming English-style furniture, but above all its period tiling and, hiding behind the curtains, its traditional cast iron radiators.” No really.
I have to say in the hotel’s defence, it is very quiet, well situated and the beds are very good. You will get a good night’s sleep. The multi-lingual staff are all very charming and nothing is a problem. There are some interesting parts of the hotel to see as well. I had a nice stay here for 2 nights, but I think you can get much better rooms at this price. Thankfully they do offer promotions and discounts for stays of more than 1 night.
My room looked out over a park and was nice enough. It’s just dated. I had plenty of closet space, coffee and tea in my room and the bathroom was ok. It is a very easy walk to all the main tourist areas and restaurants. I enjoyed my stay for 2 nights, but it definitely is not cheap.
Welcome to Luxembourg.
By the way – the hotel is still owned by the Cravat family – hence the name.
• 60 rooms on 6 floors – all are en-suite and there is a small elevator
• Room 666 is available – book early
• The oldest (and probably smallest) elevator in Luxembourg (really)
• Good beds and the hotel is quiet
• The 4th floor offers fully modern rooms
• Le Normandy Restaurant modelled after the legendary French steamship, SS Normandie
• Free Wi-Fi in common areas
• Excellent location
• Room Types: Single, Twin, Double, Junior Suite and Full Suite
• All rooms are ensuite
• Coffee/tea making facilities
• TV, phone
FOOD & DRINK
• “Le Normandy” restaurant - Grand-Ducal cuisine
• “La Taverne” brasserie
• “Le Trianon” bar – ornate French palatial
• 2 Meeting rooms (10-40 people each)
• 8 km from the airport
• 15 minute walk from the railway station
Location Location Location
Nice medium sized hotel in the downtown part of the city. Front desk staff rather stuffy and acted like they were doing us a favor by checking us in. Room was fine. The hotel is old but well maintained. No glitz but a nice solid hotel with character.
Unique Quality: The hotel is right downtown. You can walk almost anywhere and enjoy yourself but beware some of the town is up a medium grade. just a few steps away is the public square surrounded by artsy shops and restaurants. A great place to have a meal and people watch. City isn't cheap but this pedestrian square is a good place to pick up your keepsakes.
Popular Hotels in Luxembourg
6 rue du Fort Niedergruenewald, Quartier europeen Nord, Plateau de Kirchberg, Luxembourg
12 Boulevard Royal, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, 2449, Luxembourg
7/9, rue de Strasbourg, Luxembourg City, 2561, Luxembourg
6, rue Notre Dame, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, 2240, Luxembourg
Explore the World
- Gran Caribe Real Resort
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Denver Tech Center
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel
- Holiday Inn Louisville Downtown
- Four Seasons George V Paris
- Travelodge Blackpool Central Hotel
- Barcelo Montelimar Beach
- Movenpick Hotel Carcani - Ascona
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Spa Center
- Hotel Skycourt Asakusa
- Monterey Bay Suites
- Best Western Ashton Inn Suites
- Econo Lodge White River Junction
- Hidden Valley Resort