Hilton Luxembourg

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Luxembourg

Luxury in Luxembourg!

by datapanik about Hilton Hotel

This was my first experience of a Hilton hotel. Luxembourg’s Hilton is a huge skyscraper set in a forested area some 3-4 km outside the city centre. While it is no architectural beauty from the outside it does make up for this by being luxurious inside.

The hotel runs a free courtesy minibus to and from the city centre and the airport which is useful as taxis are expensive here. The rooms are smartly furnished and very comfortable and the breakfast served in the oddly named Cafe Stiffchen has every breakfast item you could think of and is superb quality. There is also an indoor swimming pool with access to an outside terrace.

Excellent staff

by TripAdvisor Member Norbert

I have stayed in this Hotel several times. The rooms are clean and airy and I like the availability of tea and coffee-making facilities. The staff are exceptional, nothing is too much trouble for them, this being especially so at breakfast and also where the concierge and his staff are concerned. There is plenty of parking available and there is a nearby bus-stop from which buses leave at 30 minute intervals for the city center. The food served in the restaurant during the evening is most acceptable but I must say that the breakfasts cater for, I think, everyone. They are exceptional.

Fine hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Mimi07Amsterdam

My husband stays in Hilton Lux for business (for 6 months, 3 days a week)) and I spent a few days with him. The hotel quality is good, though it may be a little out of the city (for tourists). This doesn't have to be a problem by the way. A courtesy bus is offered to the city centre (and airport) and a time table available at the concierge for a very conventient and cheap public bus to town. Staff is exceptionally helpfull and hospitable.

Room is large with a nice couch and coffee/tee making facilities. Breakfast is excellent, ample choice of beverages and food.
From the outside the hotel may not look like a 5 star hotel but we really enjoyed our stay here.

Excellent Stay

by TripAdvisor Member texlex224

I have stayed in this hotel twice. Once for a family vacation and another for a sports tournament. The hotel has excellent service and a great breakfast selection and the rooms are bigger than normal European standards. Although it isn't in the center of the city, it is still a good choice if you want an easy trip.

Not 5 star

We stayed here over the New Year, but we have also stayed at other times of the year. Overall, it's not a bad hotel, but it is definately not 5 star. We were upgraded last time (thank god!). The upgraded room was very large but in need of decoration, with several fixtures broken. In the past we have eaten breakfast and dinner in the restaurant and both were very good. What put us off was seeing the waitresses clear the tables. If there was a bread roll on the table that didn't appear to have been touched, they threw it back into the basket for the next customer!!!!!! Breaks all the UK Food & Hygiene rules and it wasn't a one-off incident.
It's not convienient for the city, although there isn't much to see or do anyway. If we stop in Luxembourg again, we probably won't use this hotel.

Excellent Hotel for the Price

by TripAdvisor Member Wdrob

Stayed at the Hilton in Luxembourg for one night in May. The room was very comfortable and a good size.

Booked the breakfast buffet rate which was excellent value. The breakfast in the morning was excellent. Lots of choice and tasted great. Also had a late lunch in the dinning room which was very good.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

Only drawback is the location; a bit out of town. It could also be hard to find; however we had GPS in our rental car which made it real easy.

Nice hotel, lousy location

by TripAdvisor Member mcbridebi

Stayed one night. Hotel is not close to city center or any restaurants for that matter. It is perched near the top of a very steep hill about a mile from the nearest village center, making walking to a restaurant impractical. The hotel room was clean, modern and quiet, the breakfast offered a good selection of foods. A good choice for the business traveller.

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Nomsey

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night during our trip across Europe. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean, although the corridors had a gloomy look about them. The breakfast was excellent with a good variety of food to choose from. However,the hotel is difficult to find and not very close to the centre making it not the most convenient location. As we had a car, the distance from the hotel to the city centre was not a problem for us. We also found there is a shuttle bus provided from the hotel to the city centre. Overall a pleasant enough hotel.

Nice room, expensive restaurant, staff unfriendly, hard to find

by TripAdvisor Member REB000

The best thing about this hotel was the room - it was clean and well appointed, and the bed was very comfortable. I think it must have been refurbished fairly recently.

There was a low-pitched drone heard in our room, presumably coming from the ventilation system in the hotel, which fortunately stopped at 10pm. It made it impossible to get to sleep early following a day of travel.

The restaurant was pretty expensive, breakfast especially so at €22, although the quality and choice of food was reasonable. There did not appear to be any other restaurants within walking distance of this hotel, which I think may have had some influence on the pricing policy.

My main complaint with this hotel was the staff on the check-in desk. They were not the most helpful, and on check-out, the person on the desk I spoke with was actually quite rude. Some significant improvements in customer service are needed .

I found the hotel difficult to find when travelling from Germany - luckily I had a Sat-Nav device with me. I do not think this hotel is that near to Luxembourg city.

The next time I visit Luxembourg, I will look for an alternative place to stay.

A 5 Star Hilton???

by TripAdvisor Member Jack Holland

Nice welcoming staff; attractive modern lobby and restaurant; quick check-in; upgrade to a deluxe room; to this point this Hilton could go for a 5 star experience. However entering the corridors, and not to speak about the elevators (hey guys its 2007! not the 70ties!!) I was prepared for the worst opening my deluxe room on the 8th floor.
And so it was. A totally outdated decorated room with two small overaged twins, stained carpetting, polluted wallpaper (silverfolio) in the bathroom.. a complete nightmare even not be found in a Ramada Inn motelroom. The lodging at the Luxembourg Hilton could not even meet the expectations of a 3 star hotel. As I am frequently asked checking out hotels for European touroperators for which purpose I was this time not in the Hilton, I felt a desire to talk to the frontdesk manager on duty. He aknowleded the problematic situation of being a 5 star hotel which is in a 10 (!) year renovation plan. Up till now only 7 executive suites have been renovated together with the lobby and the restaurant. He kindly showed me the a renovated suite and offered me to stay and change rooms. I have to admitt this suite was absolute 5 star. Excellent king size bed, very smart light programm, calm eartlhy toned colors, living room with modern state of the art furniture, leather club and desk chair. The brand new bathroom was spic&span with a small bathtub (why not a jettub?) and a hughe shower all decorated with latest fancy granite tiles. I could mention here some amenities one would expect in this suite but the overall experience was very satisfying. So if you really like a 5 star room in this Hilton, make your choice for the executive suite.

The Hilton LuxembourgThe Hilton Luxembourg