De Paule Avenue, San Anton, BZN 9023, Malta
Expedia.com Travelocity Splendia.com

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Corinthia Palace Hotel

Just as enjoyable.

by Tdiver about Grosvenor Hotel.

We,i.e,my friend and i succumbed to the worst weather in 75 years,as it rained pretty bad,that didn't stop us getting out and about though.I'd been here in Malta for 5 weeks before ,my friend about 6 months.Hotel was quiet as it was off season and as everyone sort of knew Italian,i could make myself understood better.You don't need to know Italian though.As it's in the centre of the island it's not too long or far to anywhere.Staff were great,amenities not much except a swimming pool but as you're no further than 10-15 mins away from beaches and bars who cares.Less expensive than the Corinthia Palace i would choose this any time.
75 double rooms,Conference centre,Bar,Restaurant. Centre of island and quiet,you can't beat it.

Corinthia palace Attard

by Dick33 about Corinthia palace

Fantastic!!! The best Hotel in Malta I have stayed in.
The rooms are large the bed was huge very clean very well maintained the hotel was being refurbished our half hadn't been done but it was great anyway.
The food was fantastic the service was first rate.
The Corinthia palace also has a large spa and gym we didn't use them because we just don't but a lot of people did.
The free buses go to Sliema and Valletta during the day we sometimes used them and we also used the local buses because the stops where only a short walk away. service and food and large rooms with large balconies.

Corinthia palace hotel

by Dick33 about Corinthia room

FANTASTIC!!! We had a five corse meal for 30 euros each and it was out of this World. I had Sushi then fried Gozo cheese then bacon and broccoli soup then pork in champagne sauce and veg then a chocolate moose but the waiter said would you like more and gave me some of everything off the trolly.
The service was great and the ambience was lovely. I was amazed I never thought I would eat sushi but it was very nice, the cheese was a little strong for me the soup was so good the pork was tender and suculent and the sauce was fabulous I don't know where to start with the sweet as I had four all of them where first rate and all on one dinner plate I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Five star old world character.

by TripAdvisor Member Metalworker

Well someone rattled primjos cage we have just been and think that the Corinthia Palace is excellent maybe not 5 star modern but definately 5 star traditional. I like my food and I am suprized that no one has given the chef the credit he clearly deserves. Silver service good food wine and the grand piano in the background. We'll be back.

An oasis.

by TripAdvisor Member deMJ

The hotel is set in spectacular grounds carefully tended with care and interest. This sets the tone for the remainder of the hotel.

The recreational facilities are exceptional, superb pools are both inside and out, sauna's, spa's, tennis and squash courts. Barbeque and eating areas and outside restaurants.
Food is superb, breakfasts are spectacular and in a magnificent dining hall, there are also various restaurants and eating options for lunch and dinner. The Rickshaw dining is a must.

The rooms are not spacious, but amply sufficient. The suites are superb.
The hotel is set in one of the premier residential areas, the location could not be better for exploring the island by bus or car.
Hotel courtesy coach available and is exceptional.

The hotel is ideal for rest and relaxation.
The staff are friendly and go out of their way to assist and are genuinely interested in ensuring you are being looked after and are happy.

Majority of guests are delighted, sadly some are totally out of their depths.
If you are in any doubt just look at the other hotels on the island.

The Manager arranged for TV coverage of the six nations within ten minutes notice!!

Our thanks to the Corinthia Palace Hotel for a superb week. We will return with our family shortly.

Faded 5 star, but great service and food.

by TripAdvisor Member timatbeeb

In the centre of the island about 20 mins bus ride from the sea and Valetta. Busses are frequent and quaint and cost about 30p to almost anywhere, as opposed to taxis that cost the same as in England!
Hotel is in quiet location by the presidents gardens (nice) with indoor pool and spa plus outdoor pool currently being refurbished.
Hotel rooms are large with enormous bed with all you need inc UK style sockets.

Elegant Old Lady In The Suburbs

by TripAdvisor Member jwsmd3

Chosen based on a seemingly excellent special deal that proved to be very worthwhile for the money. Pictures on this website are accurate.
-The Spa is not quite finished but getting there. Looks nice with potential. I got the vibe from the staff that services are intended for women but a massage with a male masseuse was pretty good and good value. Male eyebrow shaping was excellent and really cheap by US standards! A second whirlpool and private Turkish style treatment room, a walk through series of showers and an Oxygen spa are still under construction.

PLUSES:
Minimal kids.
Somewhat business hotel so pool is quite daytime (and it is spectacular).
Front desk staff and conceirge (esp. Anthony) were very, very accomodating and helpful. This is why I'd rate them overall better than just above average.
Clean with an air of elegance, albeit slightly faded.
-Rickshaw restaurant was Excellent.. Though windowless and underground, dark mirrors mimick windows and there is a romantic elegance to the place. Food and service were excellent.
-Dinner at Corinthia room was a tad stiff but very good. The room itself is spectacular.
-Their shuttle to Valetta, Silema or the sister hotel on St. Georges' bay was efficient. It does operate at fixed times and weekdays only
-Kinda pricey, their limo service was terrific. Went back and forth airport in their 5 series BMW.

MINUSES:
-They need a little more poolside help. The lone guy tending bar, serving meals and distributing towels was overwhelmed. Trying to get a drink or meal at lunchtime was a bit slow seated and near impossible from a poolside lounge
-Stayed in 3 different rooms (was upgraded to a suite for a few days) and carpets do need updating. Solid colors always show the flaws more and next time a pattern would be a better idea!
-Be willing to pay for expensive cabs or taking the public buses, which are cheap and frequent but stop a lot, take circuitous routes and require returning to Valetta to connect to get to distant points. They don't run all night. Most don't have airconditioning and the summer must be brutal!

Bottom line. For me the minor inconveniences were more than offset by the excellent service and great rate.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member krayZpaving

An excellent hotel, although the service in the restaurants was a little slow at times. A small complaint overall, though.

Rooms are large and well laid out.

Note that the restaurants require a shirt (only to be expected in a 5 star, but worth noting!).

Oasis of a Poolside

by TripAdvisor Member Traveliste

The Corinthia's gardens are beautiful, the staff very friendly and the hotel has great facilities such as spa, hairdressers, shop, restaurants cafe and bars. Go in peak season to get the most out of the hotel, i.e. the pool side bar and restaurant. A few small things would bring down its 5 stars a notch, slightly grubby hallway carpets, plastic balcony furniture, very thin wooden balcony doors and the fact that the same music is played in the main restaurant for breakfast and dinner everyday. Despite this we very much enjoyed the Asian Rickshaw restaurant, having coctails in the bar, the fantastic buffet breakfast in the great hall and the gorgeous surroundings of the Romanesque poolside.

See my photos in the 'Candid Photos section'.

Lovely hotel ~ remote area

by TripAdvisor Member Frankinsence

The Hotel was wonderful. Very graceful and old fashioned. Service by the hotel staff was excellent.
We just found it a little too quiet. There were not any bars or restaurants very close to the hotel so felt tied to eat at the hotel.
We did catch the local bus to Valletta on 20cents, but last bus back to hotel is 10pm.
We went to St Julians after two nights as we wanted a little bit more variety.
The pool, rooms and hotel were excellent and if we had wanted just to chill around the pool and hotel and not really go anywhere we would have stayed.

Comments