Pioneer Rd, St. Paul's Bay, Island of Malta, SPB 04, Malta

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Primera Hotel Huge DISSAPOINTMENT!

Upon arrival we were so dissapointed but we thought never mind we will make the most of it, the guy on reception, who's name I never got, gave us our key, 214, the smell of damp hit us as soon as we opened the door the pillows in the wardrobe were wet the ceiling was black, I went back to the reception and told him I wouldn't let my dog sleep in that room, he said no other rooms were available of that standard, I said thank god for that, he said I would have to upgrade I refused to pay any extra as its not my fault the room is discusting, he was so rude and ignorent, he gave my a better room on the 5th floor then once I had unpacked told me another room was available, I ended up paying 70 Euros more, the next I asked for a kettle they said it would be 3 euros a day, so I went and bought one for 19 Euros, the only nice thing about this hotel was the lovely helpfull cleaners so nice, at breakfast time the staff were slaming things down taking your plates before you had finished and making you feel so uncomfortable, Iv traveled the world and never come across such a poorly run hotel no way is this 3 star I wouldnt even rate it as a 1 star.

Unique Quality: The pool is on the roof and is very shallow.
    There are bars and eating places directly outside downside being they keep you awake till the early hours of the morning.
    Lovely Bar on the front called Angellos.
    Boat trip to the Blue Lagoon is worth it only 15 Euros and you can get your tickets at the front.
    The beach is rocks and gravel sand but you can catch a bus at the front to some lovely beaches ask the locals they are very helpful.

• Elly01's Profile Photo

Small and not Expensive Hotel in the centre

We went to this hotel on New Year's eve we spent one night there. The hotel is right in the centre close to all amenities and shops ! The hotel is very small and the rooms are small but it was nice and they were clean. They overlook a pjazza sort of and a main road. I don;t think there were any pools or extra facilities. We had breakfast and you can have lunch and dinner too. The room had a small balcony, tv, hair drier and nice bath/shower with towels.

Unique Quality: Top floors have great sea views I think. The hotel is in the centre that's what is good. Parking is not so good around the hotel though since its so centre.

Directions: Walk down from the Cinemas of Bugibba

• maity1607's Profile Photo

Primera Hotel - Cheap, Basic, Clean

It just depends what you want - there is no aircon in public areas & in the bedrooms you get a vent blowing out vaguely cool air and a ceiling fan. The roof top splash pool is tiny but the terraces are spacious with nice views.

Breakfast consists of bread, cheese & ham and or cereal and a couple of hot items (you might get beans & sausages one day & eggs and mushrooms another day). Don't go half board - there are too many good places to eat here.

If you want a convenient base, close to the sea & restaurants that won't cost too much this is the right place - if you want luxury its not.

Unique Quality: We have stayed here 3 times, it has a wonderful location, just a few seconds from the main square in Buggiba. It is very basic & desperatley needs redecorating but is very clean and the staff are excellent. Pay the extra for the room upgrade - its worth it for the fridge alone!

• maity's Profile Photo

central, basic & clean

Have stayed at this hotel twice & would go back again - turn right out of hotel & walk for 30 seconds & you are in the main square. Hotel is simple, basic, needs redecorating but is very clean. Tips: try to get superior room so you get fridge - ask for high floor & get benefit of breeze, also can be quite busy road so is quieter higher up. Try to book B&B as not much choice of dinners and so many excellent restaurants nearby seems a shame not to try them. Staff are very helpfull & friendly & will bend over backwards to help you.

Unique Quality: Very small splash pool on roof - great views of sea from up there though. there is an indoor pool, a bit shabby but ok - ask for the key as its never open. sea is soooo close you can just run down with a towel any time.

Directions: from main square face away from sea & walk straight up. hotel on left.

Comments