3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Andrew Cunningham Street, Qawra, SPB 08, Malta

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• kharmencita's Profile Photo

Soreda Hotel-a stay which was good enough!

Hotel with a Maltesen Flair which is located in Andrew Cunningham Street, Qawra. The Hotel Personnels at the Reception Desk are concise and friendly. The room has Balcony, Satellite TV, WLAN.Internet free and airconditioned, bathroom, minibar and waterheater
    My accomodation included Breakfast and Lunch which was very good enough.

Unique Quality: It has Restaurant, Insidepool, Bars/Lounges, sauna, jacuzzi upperdeck Swimming pool with Poolbar.
    This Hotel lies close to Bugibba Square, to Rotunda and Mediterraneo MarinePark and Golden Sands Beach which is one of the beautiful beaches in Malta.

At night they entertain guests with Disco, DJ and Karaoke. Live Bands also entertains you. The Hotel is 30 minutes to the Airport. The Bus Station is a walking distance.

More about Soreda Hotel

Lovely hotel for price.

by TripAdvisor Member Mercel

Do not go self catering in this hotel. You may end up across the road and NOT in the hotel where you expect to be. The apartments are filthy dirty and full of utensils no one could use, leaky toilets, no air conditioning and cockroaches in the bathroom.
However once we had complained the management moved us to the Soreda Hotel and we were given two fantastic rooms with very pleasant, helpful staff. The food was lovely. A lot of choice and very tasty. Breakfast as in all hotels can be a bit monotonous but you are not at home so you have to expect this. The children are offered a childrens menu, however this was very repetitive and the children have to wait for it to be prepared. The adults food is ready and waiting. I would certainly go back to the Soreda hotel. We had a fantastic holiday and felt very much at home. This I must admit was after we had complained which you should not have to do.

fab holiday

by TripAdvisor Member cambuslang

we have just returned from a wonderful time at the Soreda hotel. We found it to be excellent value for money. The room we were allocated was spacious and spotless (clean towels every day). We were all inclusive and it was definately well worth it. The staff were extremely helpful expecially when my daughter injured herself on our last day and the girl on reception had a doctor within 10minutes and could not have done more for us. The food was tasty and plentiful and the staff in the restaurant and bars were fab. The only criticism we had was a lack of entertainment for kids as there were a lot of them but it did not spoil a fantastic relaxing holiday. We will definately be going back.

Beware of Maltese standards

by TripAdvisor Member MasterYoda

We just came back from Malta yesterday and were merely surprised with the global good rating of the Soreda Hotel we saw on the Net.
I fully agree with the comment of the membre of TripAdvisor, Wiltshire, England posted on 2006, june 10th.
The hotel has a very poor standards : the crew has definitely no training at all in the field of managing a hotel, they are rude and if you try to obtain an answer from the desk, the probabilities are high that you'll be answered with the feet on the desk !
Don't even try to ask for bread or coffee in the morning otherwise you will face angry faces ! Don't expect also to get any kind of rest in this hotel : the maintenance staff yell at each other using talkie-walkies or from one balcony to another as soon as 07:55 AM.
The, fell lucky if the toilets are functional !
Please, have a look at the pictures attached in order to get a very small aspect of the hotel.

Well... It definitely does not deserve its four stars rating. It is a real shame to pretend to such a standard.

4* no-way!!

by TripAdvisor Member yammysid

Have just returned from a two week stay. The Soreda is a nice hotel, but having stayed in various other hotels in Malta, we would certainly not rate it as 4*.

We were self-catering, so we cannot comment on the food. The apartments were very large, very comfortable with everything you could possibly need, but a little tatty! Beds are not made except when the sheets are changed; we had to virtually beg for our towels to be changed (not daily as they stated); and we only saw the apartment being cleaned twice in our entire stay.

The rooftop pool area was adequate and the pool appeared to be clean, but the upper roof terrace had nothing but broken sunbeds and umbrellas, and we are pretty certain the floor was not cleaned the whole time we were there. Same dirty plates, cigarette ends, paper, etc daily!!

The public rooms all seemed very nice, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

If we had paid for 2* - 3* we would not be making these comments, but 4* it certainly wasn't!!

AI is not all inclusive

by TripAdvisor Member Thehonesttraveller

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on an All inclusive basis for 2 weeks. It was just a disappointment it certain places.The things you would expect for a 4* hotel you just didn't get.

Cocktails where not included which is a bit shame. You have to pay over £10 to eat at the BBQ and the tourists are squeezed into the worst tables right where the queue of the buffet runs through. Yet the locals have the best pictuesque view seats, with a lot more space. We orginally sat in our favourite table only to be moved by an extremely rude member of hotel staff. When we asked why would couldn't sit there he said" Because I do the table plan and I say you sit somewhere else" In fact he is the waiter in one of the Hotel advert photos so beware. The BBQ meat was overcooked and this is what you are paying extra for!! Anyone can watch the caberet so don't fall for the "special act line" when you are offered to attend. After some children in the BBQ deciding to play on our table and start shaking it and having an audience of queing locals while we ate a bit of salad we decided to leave and complain. We complained to the duty manager and asked for our money back (we never got it back).

Other comments. The table water is not chilled and they do not give you ice. It's a small thing but a must in a very hot dining room. The bar opens at 10am but A.I. doesn't start until 11.Peach Snapps is not included in A.I. The Roof top pool is very clever camera work as it is tiny and if you need to be by the pool as you have a family get there early as there is just not enough space or sun loungers by the pool. We used the sun terraced on level 6 as it has lots of free loungers and lots of space (perfect for adults) The ground floor pool is even smaller than the roof top and it is set in the centre of the hotel so sunshine is limited and again there is not enough space for loungers. 2 families Max will fit. The indoor pool is bigger and deep - really dim lighting which make it look dingy but it is right in the basement and is clean and well maintained. It was nice and quiet there so we could actually swim without someone jumping in right it front of us. The jacuzzi was nice. Didn't use the gym - we're on holiday!! Hotel room was large and housekeeping was great. Amper hot water!!! Brilliant!!! If you book a trip don't worry when the coach/bus is late. We went on 2 trips and 1 coach was 90 minutes late (no apology) and the other 1 hour but he apologised.
Tico Tico we went to 3 times. The steak is wonderful. In fact the whole experience and food was amazing - Definitely worth a dine.
They have internet access but it is expensive so pop down the road and it's half the price for double the time.

All in all the hotel was nicely maintained but as I said it was a mass of small things that spoiled it. The staff weren't over friendly or eager to help. They were not neccessarily rude they are just not bothered or interested. Having popped into a couple of other 4 star hotels, Soreda is more a 2/3 star. Needless to say we won't be going back.

Hotel good. resort ??

by TripAdvisor Member geordieinvader

We arrived at 4a.m, we were greeted cheerfully and professionaly.

the standard of the accomodation was spot on.

The staff were very good.

Breakfast was bland, but I think it is when buffet style for a lot of people, there was plenty choice.

A little expensive at the bar.

Holiday cost £325.00 for 7 nights b nb

I will never go back to Malta though, it is like bournemouth meets southend. Golden Lion, Queens Head, etc

loads of retired ex bar managers from england.

I recommend this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lee2512

Well I have just returned from this Holiday with Sunspot/Mercury Holidays, and to be honest, I was not looking forward to going. The reviews did not put me at ease, and when I arrived I looked at the hotel and thought OH NO!!! BIG BUT COMING UP, when I entered the hotel it was a whole new world, OK maybe a bit more of a 3star plus, but extremely clean and the staff extremely helpful.
I asked my rep why so many bad reports about this hotel, and she told me that alot of people expect a really high standard, but in malta the standards are slightly lower that we expect as UK tourists.
I went with my partner, and would go back to the hotel again!

Value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Librarian1

This hotel is excellent value for money, the food was good and plentiful. Staff were polite and helpful and the rooms were cleaned every day. We were on all inclusive basis but had a 2 bedroomed apartment with fridge, kettle, cooker etc best of both worlds
highly recommended

A whale of a time ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡

by TripAdvisor Member fifteen-feet-fill

Hi Readers,
when we arrived (party of 3) at the hotel, we checked in went up to our rooms and had a quick look around the resort to get our bearings and went for something to eat and something we didn't find out until wee were there, is that if you were staying at the hotel for something to eat, you had to be wearing long pants for the evening meal or you got told to leave by one of the waiters so we told this waiter our circumstances and we were told we had to by a pair f trousers ot of our own money. We complained to the rep and he said there had been many complaints about this person, the good thing is we had 3/4 shorts with us and they would do.

My parents went to the jazz festival but it was a whole lot of poo, my parents hired out a car for 3 days and really had a look at the island and surrounding islands and fun was had by all

i would love to come back but my parents have seen enough of the area so the needn’t come back witch is a shame

the rest of the holiday way with no other hiccups and the holiday went well

worst holidays ever

by TripAdvisor Member lewisfamilyPlymouth

All inclusive comprised same unsavoury buffet every day (even Xmas) in dingy dining room.Unhelpful staff, nothing worked properly, filthy outdoor pool led to mosquitoes/bugs in rooms. Public areas unlit. None of the advertised entertainment. Miserable stay... whole coachload of visitors cheered as we left the hotel!!

Using ATMs

by frank352

Going to Malta April hotel Soreda Qwara already booked nothing I can do about that. Do not take cash or travelers cheques rely on ATMs would like to know how much you can withdraw per day and if they are plentifull. Not interested in a wild nightlife but do any bars etc have evening entertainment

by intertraveler

Hi,
I would buy some Maltese money before you go in the UK.
There are plenty of Banks and exchange places in Malta. Travelers cheques are the safest but there are plenty of ATMS. I like to take a mixture of cash traveler cheques and credit cards people would disagree on this advise as they just use ATMs, I like to be safe.
It is not far to walk into Bugibba were there is more bars and restaurants were there may be entertainment.

Michael

by oRi_5

How much you can withdraw i think depends on your credit card limit. My cashlink card has a limit of lm100 per day. i don't know about visas/mastercards etc. But you could always go into a bank and ask them to give you cash from your card. (You will need your passport/ID card) I don't think there would be a limit

RE: RE: Using ATMs

by frank352

Thanks a lot except for some cash at start will use ATMS exchange rate much superior.

by rmicallef

Visa and mastercard are accepted anywhere in Malta. Also, you could easily use the ATMs with these cards.

BOV Bank ATM location map - http://www.bov.com >click on BOV network map
HSBC - http://www.hsbcmalta.com/htmlnew/branchandofficelocator.htm

by Rabti

>Going to Malta April hotel Soreda Qwara already booked nothing I can do about > that.
Hello Frank and welcome to Malta. Re Soreda, I haven't heard much. Given that anything negative has a very good chance of being heard than anything positive, it's a good sign.

> Do not take cash or travelers cheques rely on ATMs would like to know how much you can withdraw per day and if they are plentifull.
There are two major banks here - BOV and HSBC - which have an extensive network of ATMs. Both banks usually have ATM's in most towns/villages. Both banks have ATMs in the Airport Arrivals Lounge. Both banks have ATMs within walking distance of the Soreda, hotel reception will give you directions.

>Not interested in a wild nightlife but do any bars etc have evening entertainment
Entertainment will be limited to karaoke and the occasional live band. If you fancy something wilder, Fuego, again within walking distance of the Soreda is the place to be during the weekend. There will not be much activity during the week in April however.

What address?

by Dick33

Can anyone tell me where in Qawra is the soreda aparthotel? Or give me any info on what it's like. Thanks.

RE: What address?

by pieter_jan_v

The address is:

TRIQ ANDREW CUNNINGHAM
QAWRA SPB 08

I try to find an online Qawra map, but I know it's difficult.

PJ

by Dick33

Thank's a lot, I had a road map so I found it no problem you have helped a lot thanks again. Ian

by pieter_jan_v

I haven't looked for my Quara map yet; there's a paper version somewhere around in the house.

I was surprised to read so much mixed hotel reports.

PJ

by Dick33

I found a map it is opposite the salt pans. My Aunty was thinking of going and didn't know why it was so cheap. In summer it stinks around there so I advised her to stay in Sliema. Thank's again for your help, Ian.

Comments