The Westin Dragonara Resort

oritperi's Profile Photo

The best accommodation in Malta

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 26, 2012

Great experience .Huge room- executive floor +view to the pool and casino .nice terrace Breakfast is amazing . service is great

ElinGlen's Profile Photo

Elegant, Peaceful Luxury

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 28, 2012

These are just a few of the words I have used about this great hotel. I was lucky enough to go there for a one week conference and stayed on for a long weekend on my own afterwards. The help we got in organizing the conference was above par; they bent themselves backwards to help us and also came up with suggestions to things we had not thought about ourselves. They were there for us 24/7 and always with a smile and a helpful attitude. I want to specially single out the two Karen’s and Pierre as exceptionally helpful people; they felt like part of our group in the end. The reception and concierge staff were also always smiling and even when there were busloads of participants arriving at the same time – everything was done swiftly as they were well prepared. The elegant setting of the lobby with the little bar with plenty of seating groups was very nice after hours on the flight and in transit. You felt you could really relax there. The rooms were bright and wonderful and with either one huge or two big wonderful beds. I slept like a baby every night to the sound of the waves from the open balcony door. I was lucky and had a room at the end of the towers so I had a very big balcony with a sofa, two sunbeds, two chairs and a small table. It was so nice to go out there in the morning to stretch and start the day with the beautiful vista of the ocean.
The breakfasts are phenomenal at this hotel. I could have eaten breakfast 3 times a day – but for the beautiful lunch buffets they also prepared for us. The staff at the restaurant and the lobby bar are also so friendly and always helpful with advice for the tourists. Everything was high quality and freshly made – I cannot fault the food drinks or service in any way at all – just splendid.
I spent some time in the spa when I was there on my own and loved the swimming pool and little Jacuzzi a lot, there is steam bath and sauna in the respective changing rooms as well. I tended to go just after lunch time as there were less people down there at that time. The gym is well equipped and the treadmills have great view over the ocean. I did not have time to check out the spa unfortunately – but I heard that their massages are to die for.
All in all a very good conference/holiday – and I am sure I will come back here again – they looked after me like my family and who can resist that? If you are going to Malta and like friendly, efficient service, do not hesitate – book the Dragonara today!

Unique Quality: Quiet helpfulness. Smiling staff, full of humour and they are so welcoming at all levels.

Directions: Great location by the beach, casino and few minutes walk from the lively area with bars and restaurants.

weak westin

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 31, 2009

Not wonderful. We recommended this hotel to friends visiting us in Malta. Day 1 no towels or soap provided in bathroom - same thing day 2. My friends waited 2 hours before they helped themselves to the house keeping cart. Breakfast was a fight to the finish, basically a badly supervised buffet. Lots of kids playing with food. Plus my husband got sick after eating fish in the lobby restaurant at lunch. Check out was disappointing. Even though the hotel were informed well in advance that a late check out was require and took the booking on that understanding, there was considerable argument when the time arrived. My husband and I were deeply embarrased to witness this is a so called 5 star hotel treating people with little regard to their basic needs.

lforrro's Profile Photo

Good place to organize a convention!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 7, 2009

I have just returned from a couple of days spend in Malta for a convention.
The hotel is beautiful and has a great view above the sea.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner were served as a buffet and you could choose what you wanted. I liked the fresh fruit, the soups and the cold dishes, didn’t like the meat (a question of personal taste, perhaps…). The coffee in the restaurant was not strong enough (but coming from Italy I’m used with the expresso’s…), but the serving personnel in the restaurant was very friendly.
The bar in the lounge was not ready to make happy a lot of clients at the same time, so a lot of my colleagues had to walk away after waiting way to long in order to ask for an espresso.
I never met the maids taking care of my room, but I’d like to thank then this way as the room was impeccable every single day.
Also the personnel from the Reception was very helpful and friendly and we also appreciated a lot the transfer service offered by the hotel. The driver took us to La Valetta and brought us back to the hotel at the time we agreed and fro a very good price.
In conclusion: a good place to organize a convention!

Unique Quality: Great view on the sea.

Nearby The Westin Dragonara Resort

• Kids Activities
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Malta Travel Forum

Need advice about Malta, Malta? Visit the Travel Forum for Malta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Malta hotel reviews

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Malta
Comino
Off The Beaten Path
Blue Grotto: See man who got largest GW shark!
Rabat
Things to Do
The wonderful old shopfronts.
Look out for the icons.
Join the club!
Avoid if you can.
The Balconies.
Keep your clothes on.
Get plugged in.
Warnings and Dangers
A reasonable national carrier.
Safe Streets