Maritim Hotel Antonine And Spa

Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• erikdr's Profile Photo

Amongst the best in town

Had a lovely weekend. The hotel has a 'learning curve', with a main building (entrance at level 3) and an annex (tunnel link at level 1). The few sea view or the large group of garden view rooms are the better ones, the street can be a bit noisy during day and evening as it's the main Gozo-Valletta route.
    Our standard room was perfectly adequate, with decent-sized bathroom and nice tea & coffee in the room and small balcony. So were the pools: two outside (garden and rooftop), both unheated, and a small one inside next to the garden. Organisation, again, takes some learning with getting the pool towels at reception (level 3).
    B'fast was quite decent, with lots of choices and fresh stuff. Friendly reception staff. Adequate hotel for Melieha fans, close to bus stop; beach is 10 mins walking downhill from the town centre which means 20 mins walking back uphill (or taking the bus).

Unique Quality: Lovely hotel garden next to the pool.

Directions: On main street, opposite the church, next to the main bus stop.

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Four pools to choose from!

I stayed at the Antonine Hotel for a week and it has been a pleasant stay, even if the room was to the noisy main street of Mellieha. The street in fact wasn't the problem, but the noisy old cars and buses were really loud sometimes.... Luckily the balcony doors have been good isolated, so that I slept like a baby......

The hotel itself has been lovely and the stuff has been friendly.

Unique Quality: The rooms have been modern and I especially liked the bathroom. Forgotten to take a picture, but they had funny wash basins, kind of grandmothers bowl, but in a modern way....very nice.

All rooms have a balcony, airconditioning and SAT TV.

More about Maritim Hotel Antonine And Spa

Home away from home!

by Bigs about MARITIM Antonine & Spa Hotel Malta

One of the better hotels on Malta definately. I liked staying there, even if I had a room to the very loud main street of Mellieha. Fortunately the windows has been really good isolated. Well, who could know, that there is one Ferrari on Malta, that is only driven at 4 am in the morning on this street.....well not every day luckily! :)

I also liked to stay in Mellieha, even if it's quite far in the north, so not perfect for touring the island. The one good thing about Mellieha is, that it's close to the sandy beaches in the north, which are all really worth a visit. One other good thing is, that it's really Maltese, with only a few hotels around. It sometimes was difficult, which pool to jump in? With the rooftop pool of the sister hotel on the other streetside there are four pools to choose from. I liked the garden pool best, followed by the roof top pool of the Maritim hotel....you get the best view over Mellieha from here! There is nothing better after a long day trip to jump in the nice pool and refresh for a while.
Staff has been friendly and helpful all the time and the breakfast buffet was nice too. Many different bread types, eggs, baked beans and last but not least the tasty fruitsalad, well just to name a few things....

Beautiful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member byrnec5

Myself and my boyfriend are just back from a week vacation in Malta. We stayed in the Maritim Antonine Hotel and found it absolutely fantastic. The room was really clean and very nicely decorated. We had a view out onto the street (which we had asked for) and were expecting a certain amount of noise from the village but were very pleasantly surprised with the sound insulation. There was a great breakfast spread with everything anyone could ask for from fry ups to fruits and cereals. The outdoor pools were well kept and the indoor pool was something I had never experienced before, it was actually warm. We didn't have dinner in the main restaurant but did have a few meals in the pizzeria below. For chocolate lovers, I recommend the basio cake, delicious. There are plenty of facilities available around the town and activities galore at the beach. Mellieha is a quite enough town but a perfect place for couples and families and buses run quite frequently to Valetta and there's one directly to the water park. All in all a very enjoyable experience.

Very Good for Malta

by TripAdvisor Member Apreljskaja

I have stayed in this hotel for one week in July, 2006. I have visited Malta for diving and didn't spend much time in the hotel, but I liked everything about it. The food in the main restaurant is very good (I had payed for breakfast and dinner). Every day they had an international food corner (Indian, Itakian, German etc..) If you want to have lunch-there is a pizzeria on the first floor. The room was large and well equipped.
There are two problems -very slow lifts (it is essential if you live on the 5th floor and if you use the pool on the roof. ) The second problem is that you have to take the bus to get to the beach. In the evening the bus from the beach is overcrouded. But the beach is brilliant for Malta! Sandy beach with clean water -what else is needed??

Better than others in Mellieha

by TripAdvisor Member Keith_Ulverston

An enjoyabe stay in a deluxe room over the main street. Room was well appointed and comfortable, disturbed early morning by traffic noise. Appreciated kettle to brew up.
At checkin our room not available so were upgraded to penthouse for first night. Compensated with voucher for evening meal ( as had only booked B&B), plus bottle of reasonable wine.

Agree better if spa and pool were on same level.
Lifts are slow, and only alternative stairs are not easy to find (Look for the fire escape) but we used them as we were only on 4 floor - reception is on level 3.

Check out was a pain. I asked for an early bill as we were leaving early. The account did not show the deposit. It took a long time for them to retrieve my voucher and the explain that they had reduced the daily room rates to take into account the deposit rather than show it as a credit - but after all this was Malta !

We ordered an early breakfast and only by chance found out that it was served in the bar rather than the restaurant.

Overall it was better than alternatives, although rather dominated by Germans - but Maritim is a German hotel group

Really relaxing hotel in malta

by TripAdvisor Member suzy39

Stayed in this hotel in late August 2006. Had a fantastic time - booked it really late and was worried about what we would find but on arrival our worries were dispelled totally. The staff are really friendly (and honest!!). They advised us that to get to the beach they have a courtesy bus which runs once to the beach and once back each day. The staff were really honest and highlighted this infrequency to us as well as advised us what days to avoid the beach as it would be overcrowded.

Our room was overfacing the road -yes there is a bit of noise particulary when the canons go off at about 8am but this was because we were staying during the period approaching festival time. Cannot say the noise was disturbing and we had no problem sleeping. Rooms comfortable and spacious.

We stayed on a B and B basis and the food was good.

The hotel caters mainly to Germans but there are few children there which is great as it means you don't get dive bombed on in the pool!!!

Enjoyed it so much we have booked to go back again this year

food fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member kathyredding

Really loved this hotel and would go back. Staff superb and make you feel very welcome. Rooms lovely and clean, although I would specify non smoking next time round. Food fab ( in both the restaurant and pizzeria )with plenty of choices which is a compliment from me as I'm fussy and I put on 4lb in a week!! No problems at all with lifts and never had to wait long as some have mentioned in previous reviews. The only 'negative' comment I can make is that its a bit quiet in the evening for those seeking a bit of adventure/nightlife. If I'd been single then St Julians/Sliema sould have been more my thing! However, Mellehia has the fabulous sandy beach (which my 4 yr old loved) and follows the more traditional maltese way of life which as a family we preferred. The organised coach trips to various locations on the island and Gozo I would personally recommend as you learn more than you would from light reading. Rest assured if you love history and beauty, you'll love Malta.

very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dpool

if you are loking for a really nice hotel book this, from the minute we arrived we were impressed and having a 20 month old baby we were a little worried about what to expect. the lobby is well presented and very clean and checking in was prompt we upgraded to a sea view room and it was a large room with a big bedroom and bigger living area it had a mini bar and two tvs,though slection of stations is mostly catered for german tourists but you dont go on holidays to watch tv!! the air conditioning is very good. the rooms were cleaned daily, we ate at the hotel and the food was good the selection is above average especially at brakefast, the village of mellieha is very quite but you can visit the old church which is nice and the ww2 bunkers are good but you would do that in a half a day so it is more a relaxing holiday and more suited to parents of young children and older couples as teens would be very bored. we had a mix up over our bill and after a half hour standoff with reception they admitted they were mistaken, other than that it is great value for money and the hotel and staff are excellent and i would recommend

Maritim Antonine & Spa Malta

by Bigs

"Some impressions of the hotel"

This is the lovely view from the roof top pool towards the sea. It ś really a nice view I think!

The suites of the hotel are right under this terrace, so they all have the same view. Nice! They also have a small pool on their terraces....

"The roof top pool"

A Jacuzzi is integrated in this pool and a massage stream as well, very nice!

"View over the terrace"

Lovely isn't it?

"View down to the garden"

"Garden and Hotel"

The rooms that are out to the garden are much much nicer than the ones to the loud street, well they cost a little more too.

"The Garden Pool"

The pool in the garden is much bigger and deeper than the rooftop one. I liked both a lot. There is nothing better after a hot day of sightseeing etc.....

"Sunny terrace"

The best places to ly down were on this terrace upstairs. The sun was shining the longest time there....until 6 pm....the rest of the garden was in the shade of the hotel at these times already.

Under the terrace you will find the poolbar.

"Views are great!"