St. George's Bay, Saint Julian's, STJ 3301, Malta

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Almireta's Profile Photo

Beautiful hotel, beautiful views!

I travelled to Malta with Mi Malta's fam trip.
    I arrived late at night and first thing was having dinner at the hotel's veranda. The food was great and the staff very kind. Since I was exhausted when I arrived in the room I could not check it propertly, I just went to rest in the super comfortable bed. I woke up at 06:00 AM and I could see the sun light through the room's curtains, so I went to the window and opened it and I saw how the sun was risining, a breathtaking image!!!
    The room has big and clean, the terrasse was a bit old but ok, same with the bathroom, but I can not complaint because for me it was a pleasant stay.
    The pools were great!
    The hotel's stuff was very helpful and they made you feel your wereat home!
    The breakfast was just hilarious, full of pastries, fruit, bread, all kind of eggs, etc.
    Free wifi in the lobby.
    I will never forget the Corinthia Saint Gorges!

• khitamg's Profile Photo

Deserve 5*

The staff was very helpfull and very friendly and it makes my stay enjoyable. especialy thanks to Monica, Chris, Erica, Roperto. Nice and quite hotel . The room is quite big with great view.
    My next travel to Malta i will stay at Corinthia Hotel St. Georges Bay ( in shaa ALLAH).

• adema29's Profile Photo

Nice three stars hotel

The hotel is a little bit rusty. They have no excuse for the dirty rooms. Beautiful view to the sea and the center, but the spiders behind the cupboard were looking too strange to me to enjoy my nights there.
    Good services anyway. The breakfast can be improved but is acceptable. Anyway they cannot explain why so many stars on their front door.
    Do not use the phones. For two minutes with Romania I had to pay 12 euros. When I ask them why is so expensive they had recomended me to ask the price "before" using this service(!)
    I could not find in my room any information regarding this subject.
    So, as a conclusion, you will find there a good three stars hotel.

Unique Quality: The view to sea is not bad.

Directions: Five minutes to Saint Julian

• morgenhund's Profile Photo

Five Star Accommodation and Conference Venue

Our local organizers for a conference chose the Corinthia San Gorg Hotel in St Julians for us as the hotel and venue for our recent conference - it certainly appeared to be a popular choice with the participants at the conference. Understandably, the hotel is one of the most expensive on the island, and is currently also being refitted.

There is a large pool complex with 2 pools and sunloungers outside as well as an indoor pool as part of the spa complex. There are also several caf├ęs in and around the hotel and it is only 10 minutes walk into St Julians / Paceville - thus making it considerably quieter than the InterContinental in St Julians itself.

The conference facilities were excellent - both in terms of the meeting rooms and the conference room, and the food was top rate. My room was well appointed - with a bath and shower and most importantly a small balcony which I could spend time on without feeling the full effects of the sun.

Unique Quality: The view is now somewhat obscured, but its position on the top of a promentary made this a pleasant place to stay. I didn't use the spa facilities but was very happy with the breakfast and lunch facilities in the dining room as well as the pool facilities.

More about Corinthia Hotel St. Georges Bay

Corinthia San Gorg *****

by ATLC about Corinthia San Gorg *****

I stayed here for 9 nights during a conference which included some parties too.
It was a very good hotel with everything you expect of a 5-star.
Rooms were reasonably standard size but with a good view and airco which was very necessary. Decided to splurge on the hotel beauty treatments and worked my way down the 'menu' during my stay: from massages to facials and scrubs.

There are a few nice restaurants down by the water as well. It really was fun staying here.

Radission Hotel - A hotel with a seaview

by Elly01 about Radission Hotel

Radission is situated at the end of Paceville but not in the noisy part but in a very quiet area actually it is close to Pembroke. It overlooks the sea and is adjacent to Corinthia San Gorg Hotel. It also has its own car park. Great views, cafeteria, shops, restuarant, a 24 hour bistro, and also a bridge bar.

wide range of accomodation...

by dent

wide range of accomodation available...location is most important. Westin, Hilton, and Corinthia San Gorg are the best hotels (5*), highly recommended is the 3* Panorama Hotel in Mellieha- high up with fabulous views and beach down the hill, but not for night life. Just make sure building works not going on because they will ruin your holiday, they have no respect. Camping is on a strictly DIY basis, B&B's a hit-and-miss affair. For studying English there is the family-stay option.

The best hotel for sun worshippers

by schampismate about Corinthia San Gorg

We spent New Year here, and loved it almost as much as the Phonecia. It has the advantage of a sea location, and some rooms have massive balconies overlooking the Med. Most rooms overlook St Georges Bay. They have a fantastic swimming pool, but you will understand why we did not use it in January. The simming pool complex, and the meals!

Not a 5 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member forensicsgirl

We booked our hotel stay through Expedia. Due to "overbooking", we were moved to the Corinthia Marina hotel. Fortunately, after one miserable night at the Corinthia Marina, Expedia was able to secure our reservation at the Corinthia San Gorg.

If arriving in the late evening, definitely have your transportation to the hotel prearranged. At 11:30 PM, taxis were extremely limited. Per the hotel website, you can arrange for an airport shuttle. I recommend calling the hotel direct to receive a reliable e-mail address for the concierge.

Our original reservation was for one double bed. In order to modify our reservation, we tried contacting the hotel using several of the e-mail addresses from the hotel website. After two weeks of no response, we called the hotel directly and received another e-mail address. After sending our request to the new e-mail address, we received an immediate response to our room modification request.

Check-in was quick and efficient. Our room was relatively clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, our mini-bar was not stocked and the refrigerator was filthy. No iron or ironing board was provided in the room. The room did have a safe. Air conditioning worked fine. No problems with hot water or water pressure in the mornings.

Although convenient, elevator service was slow at times. Great pool scene. Good variety of food and beverages available for breakfast.

The concierge was extremely helpful with arranging taxis, restaurant reservations and local tours. If booking the Tour Around Malta cruise, be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen and a beach towel.

The services provided by the spa were satisfactory.

Giftshop was closed but the giftshop at Corinthia Marina was available for hotel guests.

Although Corinthia San Gorg may have some of the amenities of a 5 star hotel, this hotel is overrated even by European standards.

Good location, but not a five star

by TripAdvisor Member JANETBALL

Booked this hotel through Malta Direct Travel.

I agree with the previous comments that this hotel awarded 5 stars but is not really up to those standards.

Reasons were minor but examples included breakfast tables without teaspoons, and cups in some cases, coffee requests coming at the end of a lesurely 30 minute buffet breakfast rather than in the first five minutes. There are also no tea or coffee facilities in the room, which for a five star hotel was surprising. They did offer coffee and tea at extra cost in the lobby area, but sometimes its nice to have it in your room too.

Other niggles were in the Henry J Bean restaurant where although our main course order was taken promptly, the 2nd drinks order took three requests over a 20 min period, and a request for the dessert menu also took two seperate requests. To their credit the staff in this restuarant were working flat out, but feeling like you need to "trip" someone up to get noticed was unfortunate.

The gym was (at the time of our visit) a mere four machines tucked away on one side of the spa area, with other weights and a step machine on the balcony, although a notice stated a gym was coming.

In their favour the hotel is situated far enough away from Paceville to be quiet and have ample sunbeds and their own lido area down to a rocky beach area. The short walk to Paceville and the St Julians area takes a mere 10 mins. The room was clean, comfortable, and the maid service was great. The staff we dealt with on reception and throughout were charming and helpful. Towards the end of our stay the hotel was hosting some business conferences which did not seem to infringe on the facilities much apart from an evening poolside reception which closed the poolside for other guests a little early.

On visiting the Intercontinential hotel for a last meal out, we found that that hotel definately deserved their 5 stars, service in the garden restaurant was exemplary and food was magnificent. Sadly for the Corinthia San Gorg, having hotels like the Intercontinental nearby is going to make for some unfavourable comparisons.

Overall I felt that the San Gorg was worth the money, but if you are expecting a Intercontinental level of service, you might be a little disappointed.

Stay at the Hilton or the Westin, not here.

by TripAdvisor Member demg

Poor service, bad management and a complete inability to deal with issues.

We were extremely disappointed with this hotel, particularly given the 5* rating. During a four night stay we had 3 different rooms due to problems with leaking airconditioning and cockroches. Had we not paid in advance, we would have left part way through. The management appear incapable of dealing with problems. There was no proactive assistance and no real desire to help.

Problems with rooms aside, the basic level of service offered by staff is very low. Some examples - Our taxi driver was told that we were not staying at the hotel when he came to collect us, there were no portering services to speak of, the concierge was of very little help.

Despite the reviews in the guidebooks, the hotel restaurants are overpriced with poor service - my husband went through his entire main course without a drink, having ordered one earlier.

There are better hotels in the vicinity, with better facilities and real 5* service.

Corinthia San Gorg HotelCorinthia San Gorg Hotel

St Julians and Valleta in winter!

by playita

Hello!! I'm planning a trip to Malta in december and I have a couple of questions....
Is it ok staying in St Julians area in winter ? ( im interested in nightlife too!! :-P ) or is it a summer-touristic-spot only? Is it better to stay in the capital then?
Is the weather nice in december?
is there a cool club -not for students- near Valleta?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :-D

Re: St Julians and Valleta in winter!

by ray_d

St. Julians will cater for your needs Summer or Winter.
Being, a minute island anywhere is close.
It is only travel after midnight that is Taxi based and expensive.
For clubs see St. Julians.
Weather is coldish and a bit wet.
Hope the weather is kind to you.

by playita

Thank you very much!!! I haven't booked the hotel yet because I didnt want to stay somewhere that is empty in winter but your answer helps me a lot!
I will choose between dragonara or san juliani hotels!
thanx :-)

by ray_d

The Dragonara has my favourite old Casino.
A Lady-friend once described it as being like a mature call-girl.
A little tarty, sophisticated but missing the shine and a little old-fashioned. Heavily decorated and but most pleasant company.
You need a passport or you cannot play.
Enjoy, I will be there in Summer.
The pleasure has been all mine.

by yugo

I would also consider Hilton and Corinthia san gorg. The Hilton has some good bars and fun night life, plus you will be very close to the main area paceville. Try contacting http://www.bbtravelservices.com for any info on hotels.

Comments