12 St. George's Road, Saint Julian's, STJ 3208, Malta

Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 125% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• wls3's Profile Photo

Unbelievably good

In Malta on business and after a week's stay at the run down Crowne Plaza - expensive, unmaintained and poorly situated - I looked at another "5 star" mausoleum, the Corinthia San Gorg, which is undergoing some construction work, leaving it's ugly reception area smelling like a chemical factory.

By fortuitous circumstance I came across an absolute diamond - the smaller boutique Hotel Juliani, overlooking the end of picturesque Spinola Bay; arguably the prettiest spot in Malta. What a relief from the agony at Crowne Plaza. Only two years old, the Juliani has all anyone might wish in a top notch hotel: high speed internet, terrific restaurant, modern/clean decor and an accommodating staff that shamelessly spoil the clientele. When I ran into a snag with my internet, the manager, George Rouvelas, took time from his busy schedule to personally fix the problem....with a genuine smile.

The breakfast arrangement is another endearing quality. All in all I can't say enough good about the Juliani, and that from a person who spends a lot of time on the road. I don't hesitate to recommend a stay there, but to fully appreciate the location try to book a room with sea view - from the intimate individual terrace it's great just to relax and enjoy the scene.

Unique Quality: Aside from the hotel itself, there is a plethora of truly excellent restaurants -- Continental, Chinese, seafood, national, eclectic -- all within five or so minutes walk. For the fast food addict there's a McDonalds next door and a Pizza Hut just up the hill....but forget that. Instead, hit the popular Paparazzi just across the road and really enjoy what you're eating.

More about Hotel Juliani

A quiet hotel situated in a prime location

by Incubus30 about Hotel Juliani

This hotel is very new and its decor is very trendy. It only has 44 rooms so one should expect a very personalised service from the cordial staff.

The cafe situated on the ground floor , Juliani cafe, (read my tip) is a hidden gem . The luxurious Hotel Juliani boasts a prime site, overlooking the picturesque bay of St Julian's. Being in such a prime location, it is ideal since one can stay here without needing a vehicle. Just walking out of the hotel, one can find a variety of entertainment spots, and a bus stop is opposite the hotel

Excellent lunch

by glamourprincess about Cafe Juliani

Cafe Juliani is part of the Hotel Juliani by Spinola Bay. It is one of the finer hotels in Saint Julian's. It is also the buidling where you find the two famous restaurants Meze and Zest. Cafe Juliani is open from 12 PM - 12:30 AM and is located on the first floor by the reception. The whole room is in soft pastel colors and tiled floor, they have comfortable chairs and couches. The menu includes a variety of salads, wraps, sandwiches and cakes, they also serve coffees and tea. The staff was very professional and service-minded, though a little slow.. It was very peaceful and cool atmosphere with a chill-out soundtrack in the background. We went there for lunch about 1 PM and the place was empty. The prices are not too bad either. We split a club sandwich (grilled chicken on toasted bread, bacon, egg, salad) with fries.. lots of food! We paid LM 3.45, but it was worth it as it was quite good! One of the better meals we enjoyed in Malta. The cakes looked amazing! If I ever come here again I will definitely try one of those lush goodies.. an they were quite cheap as well!

Highly recommend this lovely boutique hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member bamapt

Just returned from a week at the Hotel Juliani with my sister. The hotel is conveniently located to shopping, bus stops and a beautiful promenade along the bay. We were greeted warmly by the hotel staff on arrival. When we couldn't figure out how to plug in the hairdryer(we're from the States) the staff responded promptly by coming to the room to show us. Breakfast was included in our stay and was more than adequate. We ate dinner both at the Cafe Juliani and Zest and were delighted with the food in both places. Cafe Juliani is also a nice place to relax at the end of the day with coffee or wine. Our room was quiet, comfortable and had a very nice bath with plenty of hot water and water pressure. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Malta.

Perfect location, great hotel!

My partner and I have just returned from a 5 night stay at Hotel Juliani. We booked through Expedia and the room description was a little misleading, suggesting that we had a seaview room. However, this was clarified before we arrived and we were allocated a partial seaview room on the 7th floor which was lovely. The room was very well appointed and spotless.
The location is second to none. There are wonderful views of Spinola Bay. The bus stop is virtually outside the front door, and there are numerous restaurants and bars just a few minutes stroll away. Although you are right on the main road, there was no traffic noise.
Breakfast was fine - a typical buffet style American breakfast, but with fairly limited choices. The reception and restaurant staff were very polite and helpful.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to return some day.

Luxury you deserve in affordable price tag

I have only good memories from this hotel. As a Business traveller I have stayed in numerous hotels all over the world, most of them 5 stars. What we are looking for is a combination of a small family ran hotel, with all the perks and amenities of a large luxury chain hotel. This is what Hotel Juliani is offering.
Their stuff is trained to give attention to every small detail, its marvelously located, close to world class restaurants and fancy clubs.

Great Location, Great Staff....What more do you want

by TripAdvisor Member bludrum

For some reason I decided to go to Malta. I am from the US (NYC). I just picked it off the map. Somewhere different. I Did some research and Hotel Juliani got great reviews from trip advisor. So I figured why not. I highly recommend this hotel. My luggage was lost from the airlines and the staff was on top of it every day. Beautiful country, the people are nice, they speak english fluently and the weather is perfect. What more do you want. I will visit again

A touch of class in St Julian's Bay

Hotel Juliani is a gorgeous hotel. The stylish interior design made us feel immediately that this is a hotel where attention to detail is important. And the details continue beyond the foyer into our spacious, bright bedroom. The food is the restaurants is good especially the 'Zest' where the knowledgeable restaurant manager was more than happy to stop and give me a lesson in eating with chopsticks. The staff were really helpful and I must mention the Operations Manager particularly who went out of his way to assist us; booking the best table at a restuarant for us and posting back to me the belongings that I carelessley left behind.

Juliani a gem in St.Julians

by TripAdvisor Member Arandora

Having stayed in and been disappointed with various hotels on our many visits to Malta, I was encouraged to book the Juliani by the excellent reports by previous guests.We were not disappointed. We stayed in a normal deluxe room, thinking we would upgrade to a Sea View on arrival if we liked what we saw. Mistake! The hotel was full, which in itself is a good sign in February, Malta's worst month. The room itself was more than adequate; spacious, well equipped (£M2 per day for high speed in-room internet access, Free wi-fi in hotel lounge area), well furnished, good size bathroom with super powerful shower over bath. Our room had two balconies, one from bathroom, one from bedroom, both "inland views" which unfortunately means views of back street and (not too intrusive) building work going on there. Our daughter had a side sea view room. Staff were excellent. Breakfast perfectly adequate. Light bites in the Cafe Juliani excellent and Asian fusion cuisine in Zest restaurant superb. The Moroccan/Mediterranean restaurant Meze, regrettably was closed for refurbishment. Highly recommended and will definitely visit again, especially if we can get as good rates as we did from Otel.

EXCELLENT QUALITY HOTEL

by TripAdvisor Member therustlings

We have recently spent three very happy weeks in this hotel. The quality of our room, the service and the restaurants surpass many International hotels of note and we have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels around the world.

Although the standards set by the Management Team are high, the ambience is still conducive to a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

With respect to the two restaurants we passed enjoyable evenings selecting and eating the excellent European and Eastern cuisine.

Without exception, the staff were efficient, friendly and - most of all - totally professional making thewhole experience one to remember.

Hotel JulianiHotel Juliani

3* Hotel - St Julians

by Jinx20

Hi, Does anyone know of a decent 3 * hotel in Julians, preferably with a pool?
Thanks :)

by Propermark

La Vallette Resort or Saint George's Park Complex.. they're in the very heart of Paceville (which is the nightlife area)

by Sylvia101

How about the Hotel Juliani
12 St. Georges Road, St. Julians, STJ 10 Malta
Tel: +356 21388000
Stylish 4* hotel with 44 bedrooms, in a terraced town house located at the head of Spinola Bay. The main road in front of the hotel is busy day and night. The glossy and spacious reception also houses a coffee bar/bar/breakfast area. A secure garage for 9 guest cars is provided, at no extra charge on the 3rd floor (road level at rear). On the 9th floor is a swimming pool and sunbeds, with a good view of Spinola Bay. Restaurants are located in the basement and on the 1st floor. Guest rooms are on the 4th to 8th floors, 15 having good bay views with balcony or small terrace.
Staff were very helpful and polite.
Room temperature is set on a digital panel, it is very good. Double glazing keeps out most of the traffic noise, rooms on the higher levels will also be quieter and subject to less traffic fumes on the balcony. Good soundproofing between rooms.
Our tiny balcony was furnished with 2 chairs and a table.

by dkotsifis

I know a 4*chip hotel in st julian with pool.The name is FORUM hotel.

by Harmony_here