Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort

Delightful Seaview Hotel

by SabrinaSummerville about Corinthia San Gorg

The hotel is a few minutes walk from the centre of St. Julians, on St. George's Bay with magnificent sea views from every room and all public areas.

The grounds are set in tiers on three levels leading down to the sea. Each level has its own large pool with a vast, uncluttered pool area. There were plenty of comfortable sunbeds and the pool area was immaculately maintained. The pool bar service was excellent with an array of food and drinks to suit all tastes.

The lower of the pools is on a lido, shared with the adjoining Corinthia Marina Hotel. In this area there is a choice of additional restaurants serving delicious food al fresco. These include a pizza restaurant, an American bar and grill, plus a seafood restaurant.

The lido allows access to the Marina Hotel and the restaurants and other facilities of that property.

The main restaurant in the Corinthia San Gorg served an a la carte menu and a delightful buffet each evening. In other hotels I had been disappointed in dinner buffets, but not at the Corinthia. I was spoiled for choice and I was particularly thrilled with the giant mussels and the prawns. There was no shortage of anything.

My room was confortable and well furnished, with a lovely seaview balcony.

I was just a little disappointed in a couple of things. I reserved a non smoking room but was allocated a smoking room. I asked to be moved and was assured that another room would be found for me. It was not. I paid a supplement to have fruit and wine in my room on arrival. They were not there and took more than 24 hours to be delivered. The final thing that disappointed me was the pool towel situation. In the majority of five star hotels these days I have found an unlimited supply of pool towels. For the avid sun-worshipper/swimmer this is a necessity as one needs fresh towels every couple of hours. In the Corinthia one was alloted a single towel each day.

Overall, however, I would have to say this is a lovely hotel. The three tiered large pool area was a delight, as was the lido with its array of restaurants. There were fantastic views from all public areas and the dinner buffet was one of the best I have yet experienced.

2 OTHER QUESTIONS.

by Maurizioago

Does anybody know where is Hotel Marina located? Is it far from Milano Due Hotel?

Will there be any feast in Malta at the beginning of january?

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Re: 2 OTHER QUESTIONS.

by Zlur

Hello there!

Hotel Marina is situated in St. George's Bay in St. Julian's - it's very central... has recently been upgraded to a 5 star hotel... it's quite nice overlooking the bay and few minutes walk to the nightlife of Paceville...although still in a relatively quiet area....

The Milano Due Hotel however is located in Gzira...it is only a few minutes away from Hotel Marina by local transport (bus) or by car/taxi... but it will take around 30 mins to walk... maybe more maybe less...depends!

There are no feasts in January...

Hope you enjoy your holiday :)
Roberta

Grazie mille Roberta!

by Xemx

Hi Maurizio!

I can't add on much more to what Roberta has said. However, I wasn't quite sure which Marina Hotel you were referring to, because there is another one in Tigne, Sliema. In that case, it's not too far off from Milano Due Hotel in Gzira....it's about 20 minutes walk away. To walk from the Corinthia Marina in St Julians it would take a lot more than that. I used to jog from Spinola Bay to Sliema and it would take me around 30 minutes.

I'm not too sure what the Marina Hotel in Sliema like, but I've had friends stay in the Corinthia Marina a couple of times and they liked it very much. A bus-stop is never too far away from anywhere in Malta, so you should probably find one a couple of minutes walk from wherever you may be. C U soon! Anne

Ciao Anne!

It is the Marina Hotel at Tignè area; not the Corintian.

It is a 3 stars hotel

Ciao and thanks!

by Zlur

Sorry about that - it did not occur to me that it might have been the hotel in Sliema - then as Anne has mentioned, it's definitely not far off from the Milano Due Hotel in Gzira...

Roberta

Thanks again Roberta!

Accomodation in St. Julian's

by ATLC

I will be in Malta next year, first week of September.
Second half of the week I'll be staying at the Corinthia San Gorg or Corinthia San Marina hotel for a conference. I might stay there for the whole week, but still I'd like to explore the possibilitiy of cheaper accomodation in the direct neighbourhood of those two hotels during the days that I am free.

Any recommendations?

Re: Accomodation in St. Julian's

by Xemx

Here is a link to some hotels in the St Julian's area. http://www.maltahotel.net/

The closest hotel to the Corinthia San Gorg and Corinthia Marina is the Radisson SAS which is also five-star. It is situated in a very quiet area and has spectacular views of the sea. These three hotels are all in St Georges Bay.

Next closest is the Bay Street Hotel which is in St Julians, just off St Georges Bay.

There are several hotels in the centre of St Julians, however, I cannot comment on them because I have never stayed in any of them. I've heard a lot of good comments on the Malta Hilton though.

If you haven't done so already, check out the Click Malta - Online Hotel Reservations on the VT Malta Page - it gives you a price comparative.

Another good Malta site is http://www.visitmalta.com/

by ATLC

Thank you Xemx. I realise I have have not been clear. I was thinking more in the line of B&B. Those big hotels are just errrr....well, big hotels!

by Chris-Lund

Hi. I might be able to help you out a little bit, since I live in St. Julians. I have been living in Malta for about 3 years now, and I totally love the Island. There is a hole lot of cheap b&b hotels around in the St.Julian´s area, so give me a shout and tell me more specific what you are looking for and I´ll point you in the right direction.

Ciaoo

Re: Accomodation in St. Julian's

by CBR1100

Corintia san gorg is one of the most expensive hotels in malta. A lot of cheaper hotels are available and are close to Corinthia.

Have a good trip and i hope you enjoy your stay in malta

katya

by ATLC

Thanks, Katya. I wasn't looking fot the cheapest per sé. I will be in the San Gorg or San Marino during the conference. If I book a whole week there (including my free days) as a package with my flight, it will be a good deal anyway.

by CBR1100

In st. Julians there are a variety of hotels ranging from 5-3 star and there are also apartments so you can chose according to your needs. I didnt mean to offend you in anyway. I didnt mean to tell u to chose the cheapest what i meant was that since malta is a small island then all the hotels are within walking distance to each other.

by ATLC

No really, THANK YOU! :-)
Do you have any specific recommendations?

Gozo or Malta???

by jimfiddich8

Hello again!

I was pretty close to booking a fortnight at the Corinthia Marina in St. Julian's, with the intention of spending two nights on Gozo, for which I'd hire a car at extra expense.

Now I've found an offer for a fortnight at The Cornucopia hotel in Gozo, sea view and car included, for about the same price.

I'm now wondering whether Gozo would become "too quiet" for a stay of just under two weeks in mid September.

My room at the Corinthia would be larger than the single I've been offered at the Cornucopia.

What would you do???

Regards,
Jim

by sjvessey

it depends on what sort of holiday you want. i personally would be bored to death after 2 weeks in gozo. however, i was bored after 10 days in maui too...

if you just want to laze around and sit on the beach then maybe it doesn't matter where you are

by Myndo

Gozo is wonderful, but my experience shows theres more to see and do in Malta. I think your first option - with an excursion to Gozo is better.
Try my pages for a little information about Malta...

by ray_d

Just go man!
Sometimes you can theorise something to death.
Nothing is stopping you travelling to Malta. The ferries are like busses. They are plentiful and often.
If you get bored spend some money at the Casino, or go to the beach, of shop the markets…. take a punt and then report back to us your experiences.
A holiday is what you make of it.
The island cannot pretend being anything but itself. But Jim can experiment with his choices and there are enough choices if he wants to look for them.
I am sure you will enjoy your holiday.
Go and be happy Jim.

by jayhawk2000

We did a week staying on each island which worked out brilliantly for what we wanted to see and do, which might be different than your plans.

Gozo is far more relaxing, quieter and greener. It's more low-key with very few people staying overnight. You can go walking, explore the beaches, shop in the early morning market, go to the museums in the citadel and basically take life as it comes.

You can cross over to Comino and the Blue Lagoon and beat the daytrippers by using the local ferry.

You can cross to Malta very easily, but the north end where the ferries land is quite a ways from the main sights. If there's a lot you want to see, you could use some of the money you're saving to stay a night or two on the main island and bum around on the fab buses.

Plenty more pics and tips on my pages, happy travels!

by Maria_Marcus

Not the Corenthia.. Too expensive for what it is..?? I think it is marketed for the buisiness clintele.. Try small hotels and learn to hagle

by Maria_Marcus

You will enjoy it but can be a bit expensive this time of the year

Comments