113 the Strand, Gzira, Sliema, Island of Malta, GZR03, Malta

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• globetrott's Profile Photo

excellent value & friendly staff

I spent 5 excellent nights in the Milano Due hotel and I am sure I will stay there again next time in Malta ! The breakfastroom is on the 7th floor with a great view of the bay and that place alsoserves as a restaurant for dinner and another restaurant next to the reception.
    A small fitness-room plus a terrace and a Jaccuzzi on 7th floor as well. My room was quite small, but it was OK for me and for the price that I payed !
    The only complaint I haveabout my room: the shower and mainly the entrance to the shower are very narrow, BUT I am glad to tell you, I could manage to get in and out, although I could not believe at the beginning ! I have some pics about this shower-cabin in my"warning-tips"

Unique Quality: This hotel has a great view of the bay with Valetta in the background and every day I spent a lot of time on my balcony facing the waterfront. Those rooms with a balcony to the waterfront were slightly more expensive, but worth every cent ! Street-noises may occur a bit during the day, but most nights I had the window open and almost no noises could be heared on the 6th floor in my room.
    At the begining of November I payed 31 euros per night in the singleroom with private facilities, breakfast included and I booked with a balcony in waterfront.
    Breakfast was OK, nothing sophisticated, but OK with excellent choice of coffee, espresso, cappucino, hot chocolate etc.
    2 different types of toast-bread, ordinary bread and rolls, plus some local pastries.
    Cold cuts and a changing variety of warm food as well.
    Orangejuice & pinapple-juice, fresh fruits, boiled eggs and cereals

More about Milano Due

great food & reasonable prices

by globetrott about The restaurant of Hotel Milano Due

3 times I had dinner in the restaurant next to the reception of the Hotel Milano Due, because the restaurant on the 7th floor was closed. Dinner started at 06.00pm and in the afternoon you will get only some smaller snacks, like sandwiches etc. I had a pizza caprizziosa and also a pizza with salmon, both of them were excellent and had a diameter of about 32 cm. The 3rd dish was roasted salmon,that was great as well.

My view from my room in Hotel Milano Due

by globetrott

I really spent a lot of time on the balcony of my room in Hotel Milano Due because it was great to watch the sun rising or when a large cruiseship was going to sail into the harbour of Valetta, like you will see it here in my last photo !
I think it was really worth to pay a bit more for a room facing the waterfront directely and not only side-wards with 5 baloconies in a row next to each other, where only the 1st one has a tiny bit of a view from the backside of a sidestreet.
b.t.w. at the beginning of November I payed here 31 euros for the single-use of a doubleroom, breakfast included.

"The Strand"seen from my hotelroom in Milano Due"The Strand"seen from my hotelroom in Milano Due

Comments