Tower Road, Sliema, SLIEMA, SLM01, MT

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• uuiiioo's Profile Photo

Somewhat Acceptable Hotel in Sliema, Malta

To start off, the hotel was supposed to send us a taxi to take us from the airport to the hotel. However, it never turned up. We waited about an hour and ended up having to pay for our own (again).

Looking at the hotel itself, it's quite alright. The lobby is welcoming and there is a little bar towards the back as well as a seating area.

Regarding rooms, both mine and my step sister's and the parents' rooms were muddled up. They gave them a twin room and us a double. There was some issues with the booking of the actual rooms as well, but I cannot remember exactly what; it took practically forever to finally be able to go up to our rooms. Turns out that when we went up to our rooms the baths were dirty, the fans were about to fall off the ceilings and there were hairs about the place.
    We did manage to get a different room that night, thankfully a twin. It was better, but the bath was still dirty, hairs about the place and the fan was going to fall off the ceiling. We did have a balcony however, so we were somewhat content.

Then my step sister had a pair of her underwear stolen by a cleaner. We complained to the reception and they did nothing about it what-so-ever.

Generally, the staff seemed pretty nice, the food was good and there was access to an indoor and outdoor pool. The wifi was also very very very very very slow with poor signal.

Unique Quality: I think that the only thing close to "outstanding" was the pool. It was clean and next to the sea, lovely view. There was also a small grill and bar there.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo

The Preluna

I found the Preluna a great base while holidaying in Malta. Situated in bustling Sliema on Tower Road, there are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. The rocky beach is also just opposite. Over the road, the hotel's outdoor pool was a good size and filled with saltwater.
    The sun deck on the hotel roof was a highlight as it is equipped with two jacuzzis and many sun loungers. Included use of the adjacent spa includes a steam room, indoor pool and sauna. The staff were very helpful and hospitable. A safe was available in our room for a small charge and there was no problem in leaving our bags at reception on the final day.
    A very professionally run hotel which I would certainly recommend.

• Swansea100's Profile Photo

One of Malta's best hotels

As my father is Maltese, although now living in South Wales, my parents decided it would be nice to celebrate their Golden Wedding Anniversary in Malta. The task of organising the trip was left to me and having visited the island on a regular basis over the last 30 years I decided to book the Preluna Hotel as it is in a pretty central location. As my mother had recently come out of plaster the hotel facilities were also of utmost importance, as she was still not very mobile.

I have to say, the holiday was a huge success and was even better than expected! The customer service was outstanding in every department, the food was excellent and the hotel facilities are certainly more than you would expect from a 4 star hotel.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Malta, either as a tourist or on business. Everything you could possibly need is either at the hotel (including WiFi internet access and excellent conference facilites) or within walking distance. Should you wish to be exceptionally lazy the only reason you need to leave the hotel is to get to the airport, which is only a 20 min drive (depending on the traffic ofcourse!)

Unique Quality: One of the outstanding characteristics of this hotel has to be the excellent customer service. Having stayed at various 5 star hotels in both this country and Malta, I have yet to receive better customer service than at the Preluna!

More about Preluna Hotel & Spa

Preluna Hotel & Towers, Sliema

by Julian_Mompy

Preluna Hotel & Towers, Sliema
US$ 40.00 Incredible assortment of facilities:Private Beach Club with bar and restaurant, scuba diving school and water sports, Brilliant Health Spa with pool, gym, sauna, jaccuzzis, steam room and massages, lovely rooms with all facilities, great dining in different locations, lots of bars and an internet cafe.

Where I stayed in Malta

by LorrieK about Preluna Hotel

4 Stars, comfortable accommodation, reasonable price. Coffee shop has patio seating with sea view. You can find photos of the hotel on the website. Here's the view from my balcony.

Great View in Sliema

by wadekorzan about Preluna Hotel and Towers

Why didn't I put a picture of the hotel in this page? First of all, because the exterior of the hotel is not very nice looking, and second, the interior is not much better. Let's just say that it was a decent hotel, but if I were you--I would shop around. The 1 thing that this hotel has that no other hotel has is the incredible view of the sea--it is the tallest building on Malta. I loved my huge balcony, as from there I could watch the waves crashing down on the coast and the moonlight flickering on the sea. But other than the view, this hotel is just "OK", for a 4 star hotel. The other excellent thing about the hotel is the location--5 minutes walking to Sliema ferries where you can catch the ferry to Valetta, and just outside there is the bus stop so you can go to St. Julian's or Valetta without any problem.

What I did not like about the hotel was the fact that in the section of the hotel I stayed in, there were only two elevators, and one was always broken. It took forever to go up and down from the room. The hotel is geared for the package tourist and not the individual traveller. the breakfast room was packed, there was not enough wait staff, there were dirty tables everywhere and no where to sit. I was asked to clear my incidentals by 9 PM the night before check out as that is the policy of the hotel, and if you want something from the minibar after that good luck convincing the hotel that you are actuially going to pay.

I always try to find a hotel that is going to be a very memorable part of my experience--a room with character, something unforgettable. I will never forget that beautiful moon shining on the sea as I watched from my balcony--but the rest of the hotel i prefer to forget.

I almost forgot to mention--they DO have an excellent fitness center called the Wellness Spa, and internet is available in the hotel, too. I paid Lm 34 for a sea-view single room, it would have been Lm 28 for a non-sea view single...but the sea view is THE unique quality about this hotel--thank goodness I paid for it.

Remember this is just MY experience and yours could be different, but at least you have heard one experience about this hotel when you are shopping around...Good luck!!!

The picture is looking down on a restaurant--an Italian one next to TGI Friday's.

We made an excellent decision when we chose the Preluna Hotel

My husband and I chose this hotel mainly because of the good reviews that had been posted by previous guests.
From the moment of our arrival to the time of our departure we found all of the staff to be extremely well mannered and helpful. The room was very clean and kept this way on a daily basis. The decor and furnishings were of good quality and well maintained.
Food was of a high standard and eating dinner at night in the Argyle Restaurant was a lovely way to end the day.
Good quality entertainment was provided every evening in one of the three bars with the Skyroom lounge giving wonderful 360 Deg panoramic views of the resort.
Provided for the guests are an indoor pool with various spa facilities and a rooftop sun lounging area with jacuzzi.
The hotel is situated on the sea front and is only a five minute walk from the shops. Bus stops for travelling in either direction are only a few yards from the main entrance to the hotel.
The only problem (very minor) that we encountered was that on occasions the lift service was slow.
We had a wonderful holiday and this hotel certainly helped towards it.

Great Location, good value for Money!

I visited the Preluna Hotel last month (November) with my wife.
The hotel itself is located on a beautiful long promenade just by the sea and the Sliema shopping district is only a minute walk away. There are bus stops just next to the hotel thus making it very easy to move about.
The room and public areas are in condition. (Probably referbished within the last couple of years). The room was always clean and the receptionist were always helpful (even at early hours of the morning)
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the hotel staff for making this holiday one to remember. Thank You Preluna.

great for a winter break

by TripAdvisor Member Richard and Lorna

My wife and I stayed at the Preluna for November 2005. We were entirely satisfied and many of our expectations were exceeded - particularly the food, which despite being of the buffet dinner variety was imaginative with only very high quality ingredients being used. The hotel is excellently located, the public areas are spacious and clean and the rooms (ours had a side sea view, but no balcony) are acceptable if not spectacular. Our 4 week rate gave us incredible value for money.

Great for Price and Services Available

I selected the Preluna because I wanted a reasonably priced hotel with spa services on site. I was a little apprehensive in this choice as some of the reviews I read prior to leaving were very negative about the service, cleanliness, etc. I found none of this. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room (sea view on the 11th floor) was clean and serviced daily. When I arrived, there was a welcome basket of fruit from Julianna the guest relations manager (who was very helpful - from figuring out which bus to take to what time movies where showing).

It is in an excellent location, with easy access to all parts of island via the local bus service (which is just across the road). There are a number of restaurants and shopping within walking distances. The spa is a very nice luxury which I enjoyed almost daily (and not expensive!)

If I have a complaint it is the lack of hot variety at breakfast – it would have been nice to have pancakes, waffles or French toast instead of an unhealthy English full breakfast. But since most of the hotels cater to a British clientele, this is to be expected.

We'll be back!

The purpose of our visit was partly business but mainly to visit friends and relations. The hotel really acts as a well situated, very comfortable base which meets all our requirements. The staff in the hotel have been extremely courteous and helpful and we have found standard of service in the bedrooms extremely efficient. The food has been very good indeed with an immense variety, always hot and excellent quality

Preluna TowersPreluna Towers

Preluna Hotel and Towers

by kenbac

I am interested in this hotel.
Would anyone who has stayed here like to tell me his or her opinion of it.
Also would it be ok if I e-mailed any further questions I might have
Thanks
Ken

Re: Preluna Hotel and Towers

by Xemx

I've never stayed in this hotel but last year we used it a couple of times when we had guests visiting from our foreign office and they complained. We had to book them into another hotel. It's ok to email me if you have further questions....I'll try to answer them as best I can. Anne

Re: Preluna Hotel and Towers

by Xemx

The Chalet, which is built on a reef projecting out of the promenade, has been in a state of ruins ever since I arrived in Malta in 1967. However, I don't think the promenade itself is shabby. It's very popular with tourists where they like to sit and enjoy the sun and beautiful view of the sea. Unfortunately there has been a lot of construction work going on around the hotel and the most part of Sliema which is very unsightly.

Comments