Edem Hotel

Costs 58% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Chisinau

Stadionul RepublicanStadionul Republican

railways station in Chisinaurailways station in Chisinau

Chisinau city hallChisinau city hall

Russian Orthodox CathedralRussian Orthodox Cathedral

Halal Restaurant in Chisinau, Moldova

by birminghamMan26

Hi all,

I would like someone to please let me know if there are any restaurants in Chisinau which serve halal food. I know there used to be an Arab one on stefan cel mare however this has closed down. There is another one on botanika dacia street however this is too far away.

The muslims here must eat somewhere so I would be very grateful if I could receive any useful help asap (I am going to Chisinau on Wednesday!)

Regards

Re: Halal Restaurant in Chisinau, Moldova

by cuauh

i know there's a syrian restaurant close to str. stefan cel mare. i believe it's on str. mitropolit varlaam, very close to the place called "beer platz". sorry, i don't have much information about it. no idea how 'halal' they are, nor the price range. if you give it a try, post back and let us know how it is.

cheers,
-cuauh

Re: Halal Restaurant in Chisinau, Moldova

by cuauh

excuse me: that restaurant is one street over on str. columna.

-cuauh

Travel Tips for Chisinau

Historical museum is realy...

by batto

Historical museum is realy good place to visit, and main street because there is a realy good wine shops and interesting cheap restaurants. Also near main city street is park where you can buy soviet medals, painting and other interest souvenirs.

Do not talk about your money on the street.

by aquatic

Do not take out a lot of money in public places. There are eyes everywhere. Try to keep it concealed. I was being folowed by a strange man after I exchanged a big amount of money in a local bank. And there wasn't even anybody near me at that moment.

The Gate

by Peter_VIE

Through this gate along Dacia Boulevard you enter to Kishinev from the airport. On the left you will find the Zoo. I was ashemed about the bad condition for the animals in there. On the right hand there is the Botanical Garden (you have to pay a small entrance fee) with a nice rosen garden and lakes.

Mostlikely your travel agent...

by S.Cunis

Mostlikely your travel agent will have some difficulty arranging a flight for you to Chisinau; not even to mention hotel reservations. Probably you will have to do some research yourself and help them.
We finally decided to arrange our trip to Chisinau from Kiev. There, at the office of Transaero, they had no difficulty to get us our flight tickets. And for the hotel, we made our reservaton directly with Meridian. This also had the advantage, that they could provide us with the first basic instructions of how to get there.

If you use the search engines of airlines to look for flights to Chisinau, you should try different spellings. Mostlikely they use the international one, but try other similar sounding combinations of the first letters as well, and see, what places they might offer with a similar spelling. Perhaps you even should use the international 3-letter code for the airport, which in the case of Chisinau is KIV.
If you want to get an idea of what carriers will go there, look at the flight time table of Chisinau airport (http://www.transaero.md/time.html). Here you can see the international code for the carrier.

And even if you already have all the detailed information, keep your plans flexible. Times and dates may already have changed, by the time you want to book your flight.

I found the following airline web site very useful:
Austrian Airlines
( http://flightplanner.aua.com/timetable/AT/framesnew/ )

Well this has got to be my...

by Fen

Well this has got to be my favorite Restaurant if I had only tried it. I'm told its very good, but I wanted to try Moldovan cuisine. To be be honest I can have pizza any time back home.
Well I thought the name 'Andy's Pizza' had the unique quality of a name for a Restaurant, but its something I didn't expect in the middle of Chisinau.

Comments